PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy

cuedaddy
05-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Thought I would share. I am very excited, after close to 7 hours of install my new Router Boss is up and running.

If your unfamiliar, It is basically a precision wood milling machine. I purchased the digital setup that has gauges for X + Z Currently (I will be upgrading to Y Axis as well. This thing is sick
36" Clamping capacity and 39" Slide
I will be experimenting with various product plans and posting results. :thumbup:

ShootingArts
05-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Nice toy!

Seven hours? You are a little quicker than I am. I bought an NC router four years ago. Three shops later I should be ready to install it in a few months! :D

Hu

Thought I would share. I am very excited, after close to 7 hours of install my new Router Boss is up and running.

If your unfamiliar, It is basically a precision wood milling machine. I purchased the digital setup that has gauges for X + Z Currently (I will be upgrading to Y Axis as well. This thing is sick
36" Clamping capacity and 39" Slide
I will be experimenting with various product plans and posting results. :thumbup:

chin0
05-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Cool! Can't wait to see what you can come up with and innovate for our billiard community :thumpup:

cuedaddy
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys.
I think im going to experiment with some simple finger joints this evening before work.
Shooting.. NC -> Numeric Controll?

ShootingArts
05-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys.
I think im going to experiment with some simple finger joints this evening before work.
Shooting.. NC -> Numeric Controll?

Right. Just old school nit picking. All CNC machines are NC machines but all NC machines aren't CNC. Mine is actually. I'm a lazy typer plus some folks on some forums consider "CNC" instead of simply "NC" a bit snobbish.

Here is a forum that has tons of info about small machinery, NC and not.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/

Hu

cuedaddy
05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
My First Run for S and Giggles. Will work out a bit better when I have all the calipers for the axis' .. But the lines are very clean.. Only took about an hour to mill.. Ill probably do 10 more on cheap wood before I use the good wood.
This half of a cue case.?

ShootingArts
05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
My First Run for S and Giggles. Will work out a bit better when I have all the calipers for the axis' .. But the lines are very clean.. Only took about an hour to mill.. Ill probably do 10 more on cheap wood before I use the good wood.
This half of a cue case.?

It does take a little time to get things figured out to work best but looks like you are off to a running start. I think you need to check with Rutland Plywood or whatever they call themselves. The fancy laminates come from them. Could make some bodacious display cases!

Hu

cuedaddy
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Ive got some exotics lined up (8/4 bubinga, cocobolo, etc) .. when I get to the point that im satisfied that im not going to rip up a $40 board apart we will get some real product running. Ive got to build a larger cradle.. right now I have to flip the piece around and mill each half.. probably what took so long, and deffinately why the lines are off. thinking about picking up a sears cnc machine to do some face work on the boards.. training one of my guys on the boss tonight