PDA

View Full Version : Can you trim a Hager extension?

Eruditass
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm a short guy and was looking to get a Hager extension, but my case's compartment is only 14" and the smallest Hager is 16". Can you trim these easily?

joeboxer
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm a short guy and was looking to get a Hager extension, but my case's compartment is only 14" and the smallest Hager is 16". Can you trim these easily?

I sent him an email through his website, and he replied that he can make them in any size you want. He provided me with a phone number and told me to give him a call when i was ready to order one.
Try his website and give it a try.

http://www.jwhager.com/Drop%20Down%20Menus/Cue%20Extenders/CueExtender.htm

Eruditass
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
well, I was going to order through DEACON and save the $13 shipped but that may be a better idea

joeboxer
05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
well, I was going to order through DEACON and save the $13 shipped but that may be a better idea

DEACON is a great guy to deal with. Thats who i got mine off of. I settled for the longer one.
But to answer your original question, you cant cut it down to less than 15 inches because the insert it has goes down 15 inches on the inside.

TommyT
05-08-2009, 06:34 PM

It's not easily done but I did it. The mesh is hard to cut but with a razor blade it can be done. You will have to epoxy the silver cap back on so keep that in mind during the process. The plastic tube is a no brainer.

TommyT