SVB 8 to 2 over Yu Ram Cha

MyraCurfs
05-09-2009, 01:20 AM
NVDB beats the Lion 8-2!!
congrats Nick!

Lekker zeg!! The future is Orange!!

TX Poolnut
05-09-2009, 06:27 AM
IMO, this is not an upset as much as it may seem.

I've personally seen NVDB play on a few occasions and he is a monster when the gears are clicking.

First, he plays a lot more in Europe and Asia, than in the US, so his name may not be on the radar as much as Alex.

Second, Alex said he hasn't been playing pool much lately, just lots of poker.

JAM
05-09-2009, 06:31 AM
IMO, this is not an upset as much as it may seem.

I've personally seen NVDB play on a few occasions and he is a monster when the gears are clicking.

First, he plays a lot more in Europe and Asia, than in the US, so his name may not be on the radar as much as Alex.

Second, Alex said he hasn't been playing pool much lately, just lots of poker.

Also, when you are at tournaments, I believe it is a good idea to go to bed early, eat well, and keep yourself in good shape while competing in the event. If you get knocked out, then you can do other things.

I bet Vegas has a lot of distractions for some players. :wink:

plague
05-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Sin City can be distractive for sure.
did not distract AP to cross swords with SVB and come out on top pretty easily (SVB actionweary? as Deuel in his haydays 8,9 years ago)
AP, just as last year in Vegas. racing to 100 with SVB and winning WPM

i believe NVDB played great and i am happy he did and won and hope he and Feijen will go deep in this and the next Predator International tournament.

i don't want this thread to go in the direction of the Lions poker carreer or the difficulty that an action-junkie pool pro meets when in the Nevada desert.

Nick is in the quarters hurray
C'mon Niels! C'mon Nick!C'mon Europe!

JAM
05-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Sin City can be distractive for sure.
did not distract AP to cross swords with SVB and come out on top pretty easily...

My point in making mention of the distractions is that maybe, just maybe, if Alex had not engaged in action with SVB, he might have performed better against Nick.

Nick is in the quarters hurray
C'mon Niels! C'mon Nick!C'mon Europe!

I am happy for you. It's nice to see your home players doing well.

plague
05-09-2009, 12:50 PM
thanks.

[QUOTE=JAM;1811286]My point in making mention of the distractions is that maybe, just maybe, if Alex had not engaged in action with SVB, he might have performed better against Nick.QUOTE]

actually: very often, if not always, the less talented champions make up for this deficit with a higher consistency in focus and commitment.

the more talented players (by heart AND arm), seem to be more easily distracted. they get bored easier. they want to be triggered constantly and are not as likely to grind matches.

the diamond that Pagulayan is, has had and will always need a lot of friction in order to shine.

C'mon Hollanders!

bfdlad
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Well unfortunatly for NVB he plays Archer next. Archer boke and ran 6 and out last night on Imran. USA USA USA Thats for you jam before you started it :)

JAM
05-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Well unfortunatly for NVB he plays Archer next. Archer boke and ran 6 and out last night on Imran. USA USA USA Thats for you jam before you started it :)

Now you're talking.

That's the way -- uh-huh, uh-huh -- I like it -- uh-huh, uh-huh! :grin-square:

USA, ALL THE WAY!

Go, Johnny, go!

dynamite
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
alex did nothing wrong aganst nick he was frozen out of the game except the 2 racks he won..

MyraCurfs
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM

Europe :D:D:D:D Nick does it, takes down Archer 8-5..

berry
05-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Nick all the way!

The Archer is OUT!

TX Poolnut
05-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Don't be suprised if he goes very, very far.