PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!! :) :)

8-ball Rat
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope the mods (or ya'll) don't mind, but this particular section is where I've met most of the AZB'ers I know...and where most of my cue-toting contacts hang out. If it bothers ya'll that I posted this here, please ask the mods to move it where they see fit. My internet access is pretty limited, so I might not get back on for a couple/few weeks.

Just wanted to send a quick "hello" from Iraq.

Be good, guys...and hope ya'll are having a great post-VF year. My best to each one of you.

Mark

ChrisOnline
05-09-2009, 01:45 PM
hey Mark.. glad to hear from you.. hope everything is safe where your at...

the assault rifle goes great with the 8ball hat.. :)

make sure you come home in one piece!!

chris

SwissChris
05-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey Mark i hope you get home safe soon
good luck and god bless
Chris

DJKeys
05-09-2009, 01:54 PM
For your service. Be safe over there.

Bamacues
05-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Mark,
Great to hear from you. Wish you the very best for a safe and speedy return.
Joe

SK Custom Cues
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Come home safely.

yally
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Remind me to never try and hustle you :eek:

FAST_N_LOOSE
05-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Be safe homie.......

Hunter
05-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Mark,

How's everything going, pal? Find any better places to hit balls since the last time you posted? Do you have a guard posted on the Searing?

How's Jen and the crew doing? I hope she knows that she can always call us if she needs help with anything. Rose says to give you a big hug and wish you all the best.

Be safe, my friend, and drop a line when you can!

Steve

junkbond
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Mark,
Keep the shiny side up, troop.

From an old Nam rat,
Howard

JAM
05-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope the mods (or ya'll) don't mind, but this particular section is where I've met most of the AZB'ers I know...and where most of my cue-toting contacts hang out. If it bothers ya'll that I posted this here, please ask the mods to move it where they see fit. My internet access is pretty limited, so I might not get back on for a couple/few weeks.

Just wanted to send a quick "hello" from Iraq.

Be good, guys...and hope ya'll are having a great post-VF year. My best to each one of you.

Mark

Thank you for being there.

BTW, that name "8-Ball Rat," I had a completely different vision of what you looked like, and my vision was wrong. You are so very handsome! :)

God bless all soldiers, sailores, airmen, marines, and the reserve!

CreeDo
05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey, good to meet you. Hope you're enjoying the spring flowers over there, haha. >_<
Good luck and be safe.

wolfcookie
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Man I dont know ya but wanted to say thanks..You and every body else over there are in my prayers.

pooldawg8
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey Mark glad to hear from you.
Be safe over there brother.
Jeff

bnall
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Keep safe over there Mark! Hope you make back home to your parent's house here in Indiana really soon. I love to hook up with you and bang some balls around.:D

TX Poolnut
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I had to zoom the picture in to see what your nametag said.

Stay safe "Desert Rat." :)

Eric.
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Mark,

Stay well and I'll hope to see you in Valley Forge next year.

BTW, can you score me a "surplus" ACOG sight for my A3? :)

Eric

Beware_of_Dawg
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
what's the dude from "lost" doing over in the desert ?

rayjay
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey Mark! Glad to see you're safe and thinking of us. Get home soon, and thanks for all you do.
:p

tom mcgonagle
05-11-2009, 05:55 PM
This gives a whole new meaning to, "going out to shoot some."

Be safe, be careful.

Thank you, and all the people, keeping us safe. God bless you all.

CocoboloCowboy
05-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Wishing you a safe, and fast return home Mark.

8-ball Rat
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you...one and all....for the kind words and support. They are very much appreciated, for sure.

I'm doing fairly well, and I'm counting down each day until I can come back home. There is so much good work being done out here...and so much going on behind the scenes that will never get the attention it so rightly deserves.

I don't care what your politics are...nothing can take away from the selfless actions of all the brave women and men in the services, and what they are doing over here. I feel sincerely honored to be serving with them.

Ya'll be good, and know that I feel ya'll are with me in spirit!! ;) :)

Take care,

Mark <---8 pounds lighter than he was in March...but still BEEFY.

Matt_24
05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Boy! Am I right in that you got selected for a certain promotion? I hope so!

cuesblues
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Good to see you Mark, and especially glad that you are safe and sound.

Your pic is a nice reminder of what a difficult situation it is, and maybe someday you can share some of your experiences over there.
As far a what forum you post in, I don't think it matters, and personally I would prefer that you stay in the main forum so more people can see it.
If it was in the NPR section I wouldn't have noticed it.

Good luck and stay safe

Ted

8-ball Rat
05-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Hiya Matt and Ted,

Matt - All is well and right with the world, bro! :) ;) You come to your senses and pick up a cue again?!?! :thumbup:

Ted - I had originally posted this in the Wanted/FS board, since most folks know me from there. The Mods moved it to the Main section, which is fine by me.

I'm building one hell of a set of stories to tell, for sure. If all works out well, I'll have plenty more to stack up before I head home.

Good to hear from you both. Take care,

Mark

Matt_24
05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm just waiting to buy your SEARING when it comes up for sale! :)

lenoxmjs
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Mark,

Good to see your staying safe over there . Is that Dragonskin body armor your wearing?

Hierovision
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Good hunting Mark. Stay safe.

One of my buddies just went out that way, check your PM's.