PDA

View Full Version : First Post

jonesy
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of years now, and I figured that I should finally get out of the shadows and introduce myself. I have enjoyed many threads in the past and I am ready to start giving my two cents. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Mark

SoundWaves
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome, I lurked for a long time to. Enjoy your time here, just try to keep your AZ habit under control. It's easy to become a full time addict.

JAM
05-09-2009, 03:38 PM
This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of years now, and I figured that I should finally get out of the shadows and introduce myself. I have enjoyed many threads in the past and I am ready to start giving my two cents. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Mark

Welcome to the form, Mark. Where do you play pool in Maine?

rackem
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Welcome, and chime in when you feel like it.
But you better edit your first post to be pool related or you will get shifted over to NPR like my 3000th :angry:did.:sorry::sorry:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141323

I see you play with a old Southwest any pictures?:D:thumbup:

CreeDo
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Welcome - that's a long time to lurk. I see you like 10 ball and 1p a lot. Are you able to find any place in ME where you can play those games regularly?

jonesy
05-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I play out of The Station (aka Spot Shot) In Portland ME. I will get some pics of my cue on soon, If your familiar with Southwests their not the most gorgous cues but they PLAY. Mine has alot of hours on it and needs to be refinished. If you like playing Pockets there is always a game at Spot Shots at any level of play. Once again thanks for the warm welcome.

Richardson
05-09-2009, 06:35 PM
welcome, look forward to seeing more posts from you.

CreeDo
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Not mark the counter man, is it? Gray buzz but, mustache?

manwon
05-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Mark

Welcome Mark, jump right in with both feet the water is warm!!!:)

tom mcgonagle
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Mark, I think I mention you in my book, Right on Cue. If you are the houseman? I mention you on pg. 256. I devote almost one chapter to a money match in Kerry's room, formerly Spot Shot's. I think you'll like what I wrote.

Welcome aboard, no matter who yopu are.

JAM
05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I play out of The Station (aka Spot Shot) In Portland ME. I will get some pics of my cue on soon, If your familiar with Southwests their not the most gorgous cues but they PLAY. Mine has alot of hours on it and needs to be refinished. If you like playing Pockets there is always a game at Spot Shots at any level of play. Once again thanks for the warm welcome.

Hey, I know that pool room. I was there at the Joss Tour Finale one year. I think it was 2004, if memory serves me right. You have to go down some stairs to get in the joint. I remember thinking about what a grand entrance the players were making every time they walked down those stairs.

That was Larry Lisciotti's hangout, I believe, and the owner at that time -- I think his name was Terry? -- had some great pool tales. What a cool pool room that place is.

I ate Maine lobster for the first time in my life. I had to drag my other half to go out and eat at a nice restaurant, so I could get me some Maine lobster. He didn't want to leave the pool room because there was so much action. :grin-square:

The drive up there was so beautiful with all the white birch and beaches nearby, and for some reason, I remember moose being quite popular. :)

Here's the picture of the owner at that time. Is he still there?

JAM
05-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Here is me and my boyfriend eating lobster at the fancy restaurant. It was actually on a ship, very closeby to the pool room. My lobster was great, but he got this lobster bisque that was LOADED with lobster meat. YUMMIE! :)

I hope Joss brings the tour back up there to that pool room. I'd be up there in a heartbeat. That would make a beautiful vacation for me. The drive itself is breath-taking.

JAM
05-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Kid Delicious (Danny Basavich) won the tournament that year.

There was some strange character who took a bus up there from New Jersey. He was dressed strangely, as I remember.

Everybody was watching him out in the parking lot, wondering what he was going to do next. Meanwhile, Hillbilly and Keith McCready were trying to match up, oblivious to what was going out behind them. LOL! :grin-square:

JAM
05-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Meanwhile, Keith and Hillbilly continued their negotiations, with Hillbilly flashing his cheese, but no game ever did materialize. Look at Diana Hoppe popping her pretty face in the picture! :)

JAM
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's a shot of everybody checking out the chart.

AzBilliards Gold Star goes out to who can name all eight players! :grin-square:

Tennesseejoe
05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the action.

Now show us your best shot.

jonesy
05-10-2009, 01:27 PM
What an awesone final that was in 2004. Spot shot is a great room for such an event. Kerry still owns it, just like most rooms business is slow. I'm not the bar man Mark R but a good friend. He is a good guy, but he is poker nut and could care less about pool. In that final event I thought Rodney was going to win but danny's slow play took alot of players out of their game (IMO). Taking nothing away from Kid delicious's game he played next to perfect. The day after the final I got to talk to Danny for a bit, What a great guy. There is quite afew one-pocket games there, at one time Spot shot was Gradys hang out.

jonesy
05-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I have your book Tom and Mark R was excited to see he was in the book. We have played each other at Country Club USA. Bummer for me you beat me 9-6. But we have played in many of the same tourneys over the years. By the way congrats for your strong finish at Snookers.

Cornerman
05-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Here's a shot of everybody checking out the chart.

AzBilliards Gold Star goes out to who can name all eight players! :grin-square:

Hmmm...

McCreesh, Clowery, Ruberto, Wilkie? Delicious?, Matthews, Zuglan.... and....

Fred <~~~ can't tell anyone from anything

JAM
05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Hmmm...

McCreesh, Clowery, Ruberto, Wilkie? Delicious?, Matthews, Zuglan.... and....

Fred <~~~ can't tell anyone from anything

Not bad. Not bad at all. WOW! :) Delicious is that small face in the background. You're good. You're really good.

However, you must name that player in the foreground with the white shirt to get the AzBilliards Gold Star. There's only one given out each day! :grin-square:

I'll give you a hint. He defeated King James Rempe in the finals at the Trump 10-Ball Challenge held at Atlantic City, promoted by Gene Hooker in 2002 or 2003 era! ;)

Cornerman
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all. WOW! :) Delicious is that small face in the background. You're good. You're really good.

However, you must name that player in the foreground with the white shirt to get the AzBilliards Gold Star. There's only one given out each day! :grin-square:

I'll give you a hint. He defeated King James Rempe in the finals at the Trump 10-Ball Challenge held at Atlantic City, promoted by Gene Hooker in 2002 or 2003 era! ;)

Heck of a clue. Danny Hewitt.

I figured Wilkie from the hat and arm tattoos. And I remember seeing Danny Basavitch when he had lost that weight, and had no idea who he was!!

Oh wait, that's not Kid D. in the foreground? LOL!! MY bad. Who's that? Luc Salvas?

Fred <~~~ not that good, apparently!!!

JAM
05-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Heck of a clue. Danny Hewitt.

I figured Wilkie from the hat and arm tattoos. And I remember seeing Danny Basavitch when he had lost that weight, and had no idea who he was!!

Oh wait, that's not Kid D. in the foreground? LOL!! MY bad. Who's that?

Fred

That is Kid D. in the wee bitty background. The kid in red, I'm not sure. He's from your neck of the woods! :grin-square:

I still bequeath you, Cornerman, on this day, Sunday, May 10, 2009, the AzBilliards Gold Star! :)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/RailbirdJAM/thStar1.gif

CreeDo
05-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I am a little worried about the slow business and how it might affect your favorite room. I am visiting that area so I've been able to play there. On every night of the week (even like... Tuesday) there has been live music. It's not a great shooting environment, trying to fade the screaming emo kids and their swarm of teenage groupies.

If you're ever trying to find me, I'll be the guy in the corner shooting with his buddy as far from the music as possible. When the lead singer yells "you guys wanna hear one more song???" I'm the dude screaming "NO GO HOME!!!@#!"