PDA

View Full Version : Weight and diameter at the joint of the Tiger X Ultra Shaft

Demian
05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Hello,

first time poster here, long time reader.

I want to purchase a Tiger X Ultra for an old Meucci-cue. I tried it with an Universal Shaft LS but it got too heavy at the front.
Ergo my interest in the weight of the Tiger.
Hope you guys can help.

Regards, Patrick

chuckpilegis
05-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I have two in 5/16x14
3.5 and 3.9 oz

TATE
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello,

first time poster here, long time reader.

I want to purchase a Tiger X Ultra for an old Meucci-cue. I tried it with an Universal Shaft LS but it got too heavy at the front.
Ergo my interest in the weight of the Tiger.
Hope you guys can help.

Regards, Patrick

My suggestion is that you contact Corey Harper here - he works for Tiger and goes by CrownCityCorey on the boards. It would be better if they fit the shaft to your cue. You need a flat faced 5/16X18 and they can turn it to match your joint.

As far as the feel of weight at the tip end of the shaft goes, I do not think you're going to have the same sensation of the shaft being front heavy. The Tiger's have a nice neutral feel to them. I play with a Predator which is light at the front, and the Tiger's feel fine to me.

Chris

Demian
05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
As far as the feel of weight at the tip end of the shaft goes, I do not think you're going to have the same sensation of the shaft being front heavy. The Tiger's have a nice neutral feel to them. I play with a Predator which is light at the front, and the Tiger's feel fine to me.

Chris
Chris, thanks for the info! For me personally the Predator is too late and the Universal too heavy. Tiger seems to be just perfect then!

chuckpilegis
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Chris, thanks for the info! For me personally the Predator is too late and the Universal too heavy. Tiger seems to be just perfect then!

All of these shafts I have are the same thread
Tiger ultra 3.5 and 3.9 oz
ob-1 and 2 3.7 3.8 3.8 4.0 oz
Z and Z2 3.6 3.6 3.8 3.9 oz
Sold precats were 3.7 to 3.9 oz
So no matter which brand or type shaft you buy it could vary by a half an ounce

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/chuckpilegis/grouppic2003-1.jpg