PDA

View Full Version : Going to Dallas Ft Worth area 2nd week of august looking

alwayzcocacola0
05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Going to Dallas Ft Worth area 3rd week of august(15th-23rd) looking to meet up with a few of you guys in that area or at least know where to go or where not to go. Im not a great player but im decent. just looking to make a few pool buddies while on vacation with the inlaws. ty in advance

14-1StraightMan
05-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Going to Dallas Ft Worth area 2nd week of august looking to meet up with a few of you guys in that area or at least know where to go or where not to go. Im not a great player but im decent. just looking to make a few pool buddies while on vacation with the inlaws. ty in advance

When August comes up, let me know and I will get with you up in Richardson, Tx. 10 mins north of Dallas at the Billiard Den.
Mike

alwayzcocacola0
05-18-2009, 02:37 AM
When August comes up, let me know and I will get with you up in Richardson, Tx. 10 mins north of Dallas at the Billiard Den.
Mike

good deal. 9 footers? anyone else?

63Kcode
05-18-2009, 02:47 AM
I'll play. I suck but still love to play!

Larry

14-1StraightMan
05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
good deal. 9 footers? anyone else?

Yes, there are four 9' ball return Diamonds and twelve 8'.
Also a snooker table & a billiard table.

alwayzcocacola0
05-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Nice! im looking forward to my trip

td873
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Nice! im looking forward to my trip
I'll be around as well. Pm me when you arrive.

-td

Big Perm
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'll play. I suck but still love to play!

Larry

I play worse than Larry, but I also enjoy this sport.....Richardson, Carrollton, Lewisville.....tournies almost every night, tons of great people to meet.....I think my phone is still in my sig, just program it in before you leave and give me a call.....some lead time and specific dates will help as well....would be happy to meet you....

Feel free to send a PM if ya have questions.....if you are a golfer, I can help feed that habit as well....

alwayzcocacola0
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
anyone else

9Ball_JJ
05-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm in. I play a worse than Big Perm but I'm up to having a pool get together. Mike can play a mean game of straight pool, so beware! LOL. ;)

Thomas McKane
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM
When I'm in Dallas I practice at CJ's, it's no longer owned by CJ and is now called Cantina Billiards or something like that. Still has good tables, 30+ 9 ft Brunswicks. Good players there most nights of the week.

Best thing is....$5 unlimited pool...cannot beat that.

14-1StraightMan
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
When I'm in Dallas I practice at CJ's, it's no longer owned by CJ and is now called Cantina Billiards or something like that. Still has good tables, 30+ 9 ft Brunswicks. Good players there most nights of the week.

Best thing is....$5 unlimited pool...cannot beat that.

Not the best neighborhood.

alwayzcocacola0
05-20-2009, 06:41 PM
this is what im talking about. we might get our own AZ tournament together. race to 3 for like 5-10 bucks. Im a nit lol.

Thomas McKane
05-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Not the best neighborhood.

Never had any problems there, either when it's crowded or when just a few players. The people who run it are great. As far as the neighborhood goes, seems like most of Dallas looks that way these days.

14-1StraightMan
05-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Never had any problems there, either when it's crowded or when just a few players. The people who run it are great. As far as the neighborhood goes, seems like most of Dallas looks that way these days.

I never said nothing about the inside of the pool room. I just Retired from the Dallas PD after 28 yrs. of Service. Maybe you know more then me.

Maniac
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I'll keep my eyes on this developing get-together. I could show up depending on what day/time of day it happens. As far as my abilities go, I'll probably be the worst player to show up. Last time I was involved in an AZB meet-n-greet/mini tournament, I won the Hoover Trophy (for "sucking" the most :embarrassed2:). It's still fun to meet new people even if they "hand me my head on a silver platter" later :D!!!

Maniac

Thomas McKane
05-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I never said nothing about the inside of the pool room. I just Retired from the Dallas PD after 28 yrs. of Service. Maybe you know more then me.

No sir, I didn't mean it that way. You would know way more about Dallas than myself. I was simply pointing out that it's not immediately apparent that CJ's (now CB's) isn't the place to play, cheap pool, good tables, easy drive in. If you have inside information about that area, please share it with us. An informed public is a wise public.

Thank you.

alwayzcocacola0
05-28-2009, 06:57 AM
bump it back up. would love a big turnout

alwayzcocacola0
06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok I got the dates for those of us who will be getting together. I will be In Dallas from Aug 15-23. with Tuesday or Thursday probably being the best days to shoot. Maybe Friday the 21st as well. Not sure but not on Saturday when i get there or sunday and wednesday because of church

alwayzcocacola0
06-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Ok I got the dates for those of us who will be getting together. I will be In Dallas from Aug 15-23. with Tuesday or Thursday probably being the best days to shoot. Maybe Friday the 21st as well. Not sure but not on Saturday when i get there or sunday and wednesday because of church anyone see???

Maniac
06-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I can show up for either one of the dates you picked. I am going to let someone more familiar with the Dallas pool scene choose a poolhall though. I will stay abreast of this thread.

Maniac

alwayzcocacola0
06-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I can show up for either one of the dates you picked. I am going to let someone more familiar with the Dallas pool scene choose a poolhall though. I will stay abreast of this thread.

Maniac

thanks and i will probably be sending pm's a week or so before the trip to keep everyone involved that wants to be

alwayzcocacola0
06-14-2009, 06:30 PM
bump bump bump