PDA

View Full Version : my girlfriend wants to start playing tourny's

JasonCrugar
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
and wants a cue with a panda on it. i have been looking everywhere for one. can anyone help me out by pointing me in the right direction. or should i have a local cue maker make one??? thanks in advance

cyrex
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I've seen lots of animals on cues but never a panda. If you're going to go the 'custom' cue route.. you might also consider getting it air brushed on or carved instead of inlays. That would probably save you some $$ until she can get sponsored.

I recommend this graphic:

http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wwf.jpg

JasonCrugar
05-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I've seen lots of animals on cues but never a panda. If you're going to go the 'custom' cue route.. you might also consider getting it air brushed on or carved instead of inlays. That would probably save you some $$ until she can get sponsored.

I recommend this graphic:

http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/wwf.jpg

awesome pic. i was hoping to find a cheap mcdermott or something equivalent. she is just starting out so i would rather her beat up a cheap cue until she gets her "sea legs" around the pool hall.

mamono
05-18-2009, 01:30 AM
As long as you know certain details about the cue that she likes to shoot with such as weight, wrap type, and have an image of what you would like to have displayed on the cue then you can contact McDermott. It should be considerably cheaper than a custom cue, but still priced moderately due to the one-off work image transfer.

$259.00 Cue + $50~$75 Service Fee = $309~$334 cost of a McDermott "Panda" Cue
http://mcdermottcue.com/Cuetransfer.asp

LAlouie
05-18-2009, 01:59 AM
For myself I prefer "hello kitty" in classic pink.

JasonCrugar
05-18-2009, 06:10 AM
As long as you know certain details about the cue that she likes to shoot with such as weight, wrap type, and have an image of what you would like to have displayed on the cue then you can contact McDermott. It should be considerably cheaper than a custom cue, but still priced moderately due to the one-off work image transfer.

$259.00 Cue + $50~$75 Service Fee = $309~$334 cost of a McDermott "Panda" Cue
http://mcdermottcue.com/Cuetransfer.asp

thank you that's exactly what i was looking for.

JasonCrugar
05-18-2009, 06:11 AM
For myself I prefer "hello kitty" in classic pink.

i suggest you look in the "closet" that you are in. ;)

CreeDo
05-18-2009, 10:38 AM
It might be considered a little tacky to some, but any sign shop can take a simple graphic and cut a stick-on-vinyl version for you in 5 minutes. Have them apply it for you to make sure it goes down properly, lined up and without bubbles. The vinyl is thin enough that it's not going to be obvious that you're looking at something stuck-on. It doesn't look like a sticker. And it can last for years as long as it doesn't get banged around much.

grindz
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
PAGES of WWF stickers with Pandas on them................ :wink:

They're FREE if you want them!!! :)

td

Fast Lenny
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM

td
Tim can I have a sticker for beating you last time? :grin-square:

ridewiththewind
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
FYI....whatever you decide to do, bear in mind that most women do not beat up their cues...they tend to take very good care of them. Odds are better that she will lose interest in the game before she causes any damage to her cue. Obviously, I am hoping this is not the case...losing interest...we can always use more women players!

I know one gal who years ago bought herself a Meucci Road Agent. To this very day, it goes with her EVERYWHERE. Yes, she even sleeps with it! Cue is pristine. Crazy, but true!!

Lisa

Sam Waltz
05-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Jason, if that's her in your new avatar, make sure you get her WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS on that cue! :thumbup:

Beware_of_Dawg
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
find a talented airbrush artist.

Sweet Marissa
05-18-2009, 02:02 PM
What a sweet thing to do. I wish her luck in her tournaments :)

grindz
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Tim can I have a sticker for beating you last time? :grin-square:

and braggin' rights, so what more could you want?? :mad: I did dig into the pile though and found some appropriate fish stickers that might work. I'll sign and date them for you if you like. :wink:

Anyway, I'ld really appreciate it if you would stop with the Voodoo.... it's starting to freak me out...... how do you do that??? I can't say that I've never played BADLY before..............but WHAT WAS THAT?????????

Sometimes you have to just laugh....................... or QUIT! :)

td

Fast Lenny
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
and braggin' rights, so what more could you want?? :mad: I did dig into the pile though and found some appropriate fish stickers that might work. I'll sign and date them for you if you like. :wink:

Anyway, I'ld really appreciate it if you would stop with the Voodoo.... it's starting to freak me out...... how do you do that??? I can't say that I've never played BADLY before..............but WHAT WAS THAT?????????

Sometimes you have to just laugh....................... or QUIT! :)

td

I chant miss-miss-miss under my breath and it works! I agree we both played very poorly but that is nothing new to me, but as of late I see a change coming, I am going to take up darts! :grin:

JasonCrugar
05-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Jason, if that's her in your new avatar, make sure you get her WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS on that cue! :thumbup:

no that's eliza dushku!!! my girl is a lil accident prone so we're gonna see how a mcdermott works out lol. thx for the offers for the stickers but if you knew how accident prone she is... durability is definately a concern lol.

JasonCrugar
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM

td

my girl would love em ill take em all!!! and do i get a sticker for being 1-0 against you ;) i got lucky you missed that 8 ball for the win!!!

grindz
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
my girl would love em ill take em all!!! and do i get a sticker for being 1-0 against you ;) i got lucky you missed that 8 ball for the win!!!

Anyone else who has beaten me want to chime in here?? :eek: We can start a list and I will use it to defend my handicap if anyone is delusional enough to want to raise me in the future. :wink:

As to the stickers, I'll start a "Panda Pile" when I sort them all out, to bring with me. LOL

td

Fast Lenny
05-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Anyone else who has beaten me want to chime in here?? :eek: We can start a list and I will use it to defend my handicap if anyone is delusional enough to want to raise me in the future. :wink:

As to the stickers, I'll start a "Panda Pile" when I sort them all out, to bring with me. LOL

td
I think you play better then alot of the 8's, look forward to us playing again, I seem to bring the worst out in you, next time I hope to see your best game. :)

JasonCrugar
05-19-2009, 04:36 PM

td

you are crazy, i played my butt off against you and had to get lucky to win. i as well think you play very well. i would take you as a scotch partner ANYTIME!!!!!

as far as the "panda pile" i appreciate it and will pm you my number or we can meet at scotch tourny ;) to pick em up

TX Poolnut
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I think the idea to airbrush one onto a butt is probably best (and cheapest).

JasonCrugar
05-19-2009, 05:15 PM

i agree with airbrushing (which is prolly what mcdermott will do) but it is a present and i want it to be brand new for her since it is a present to the woman i lay in bed with at night lol

speakers
05-19-2009, 08:47 PM

Airbrush it on YOUR butt and you'll really score points. :kma:

Have fun with that!

speakers
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
For a more simple, but still special gift maybe you can get her a case with a panda patch or sticker or something. It might be easier to find something that will work and look nice and non-cheesy for her case. Besides then as she grows and progresses and changes cues she can still hang on to the case if she wants.

And don't forget to get her signed up on here! We need more women around. Those hot guy threads die out too fast! :thumbup:

ridewiththewind
05-19-2009, 11:56 PM
For a more simple, but still special gift maybe you can get her a case with a panda patch or sticker or something. It might be easier to find something that will work and look nice and non-cheesy for her case. Besides then as she grows and progresses and changes cues she can still hang on to the case if she wants.

And don't forget to get her signed up on here! We need more women around. Those hot guy threads die out too fast! :thumbup:

Actually...this is a way better idea...decorating a case with a Panda for her. Let's face it, cues come and go, we tend to hang onto the cases a bit longer.

Lisa

Sweet Marissa
05-20-2009, 05:56 AM

I second (or third) that! Once she learns more about pool, she may want a nicer cue. I know I did :)

JasonCrugar
05-20-2009, 07:51 AM
i will give it a shot!!!! i am planning to get her a nicer cue down the road anywho. she is really sentimental and would keep her first cue forever anyways. just because its her first. my bet is this is gonna cost me a panda case AND a panda cue lmao. not that i mind. what is the cost of a cue and case compared to sharing your passion with your mate? she has sat through 5 and half hour gambling matches and is supportive of me playing so i figure at the least she has earned it ;)

Richardson
05-20-2009, 07:54 AM
i will give it a shot!!!! i am planning to get her a nicer cue down the road anywho. she is really sentimental and would keep her first cue forever anyways. just because its her first. my bet is this is gonna cost me a panda case AND a panda cue lmao. not that i mind. what is the cost of a cue and case compared to sharing your passion with your mate? she has sat through 5 and half hour gambling matches and is supportive of me playing so i figure at the least she has earned it ;)

Very cool, sounds like you have a good woman there.

JasonCrugar
05-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Very cool, sounds like you have a good woman there.

thank you, i think so too. after 50 or so epic disasters i think i might have got it right this time.

stuckart
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM

I can tell you first hand, that Jason's girl is the Nuts when it comes to pool. I was his opponent on that 5-1/2 hour gambling match, she's even voluteered to watch my kid's so that I could teach him how to stream a few tournaments. She's definitely earned it.

If you haven't found that Panda yet, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. I know a few graphic artists.

Tim - I have never beaten you! I don't think.

Sorry, I'm so behind, was on vacation for a month......

mamono
06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Going for that custom look would be awesome with an airbrush artist, just need to start with a cue that is will make a good canvas for airbrushing. I'm wondering how this whole panda cue situation will turn out!

JasonCrugar
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I can tell you first hand, that Jason's girl is the Nuts when it comes to pool. I was his opponent on that 5-1/2 hour gambling match, she's even voluteered to watch my kid's so that I could teach him how to stream a few tournaments. She's definitely earned it.

If you haven't found that Panda yet, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. I know a few graphic artists.

Tim - I have never beaten you! I don't think.

Sorry, I'm so behind, was on vacation for a month......

no problem and any help is appreciated brotha!!! we haven't found something she likes just yet. but 4 sure when you get some free time i would like to see what they can do. glad to see you are finally back. also she wants you to rate her when you get a chance so she can play scotch with me. on that note we are gonna have to finish that ahead set sometime!!! :thumbup: thanks for the kind words i showed her this thread and it really meant alot to her. thanks to everyone in the az family for their posts!!!

JasonCrugar
06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Going for that custom look would be awesome with an airbrush artist, just need to start with a cue that is will make a good canvas for airbrushing. I'm wondering how this whole panda cue situation will turn out!

i will post some pictures when she decides on something. i am trying to get her to sign up so she can post them herself. she is barely learning the basics right now and is really shy, and doesn't feel like she has anything to contribute to the forum. so we will see how she feels after her first tourny and plays for a little longer!!

Sweet Marissa
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
i will post some pictures when she decides on something. i am trying to get her to sign up so she can post them herself. she is barely learning the basics right now and is really shy, and doesn't feel like she has anything to contribute to the forum. so we will see how she feels after her first tourny and plays for a little longer!!
Tell her there's no need to be shy with us. She'll be able to learn a lot while asking questions of her own. I think it would be interesting to hear how a beginner female progresses in her own words and experiences, as well.

JasonCrugar
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Tell her there's no need to be shy with us. She'll be able to learn a lot while asking questions of her own. I think it would be interesting to hear how a beginner female progresses in her own words and experiences, as well.

she is signing up as we speak!! thank you, i think your words were the deciding factor in her joining!!!! rep to you when i can again!

mamono
06-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Contribution can come along in the form of questions also to start great topics. She is welcome to run around the forum absorbing information like a sponge! ;)

JasonCrugar
06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Contribution can come along in the form of questions also to start great topics. She is welcome to run around the forum absorbing information like a sponge! ;)

with all the nice things you guys have said, she finally "gave in" and is gonna join.

mamono
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
with all the nice things you guys have said, she finally "gave in" and is gonna join.

:D WELCOME! :thumbup: