PDA

View Full Version : little rock members - $50 reward for return of my cue

guycrunch
05-18-2009, 01:30 PM
az member winne2tough (jay winne) pm'd me and asked if i would sell my bobby reynolds snakewood cue. i agreed to send it to him and if he like it he would pay me and if not he would return it. on march 9 i sent him the cue, we negotiated the price and settled on $400 of which he would send me $300 right away. I have never received a penny and now he hangs up on me as soon as he hears my voice.

if anyone can retrieve my cue from him i will pay $50 plus shipping. i know he likes to play at jouberts, krome billiards, mcdaddys, fox & hound, the forge, and the longbranch.

i don't like these threads but he won't even return my calls or just have the decency to say he just needs some time. i am also starting a postal mail fraud charge but that does take some time. the local police seem unwilling to participate altho one officer said he would look into it. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

guy

tucson9ball
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
just a lil bump to get ya back up top...........:)

IA8baller
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
guycrunch has a stellar itrader rating and Winne2tough has none so therefoe I'm betting this is a pretty legit complaint.

Maybe we should all start giving Jay Winnie a call, since he left his phone # here on this thread ................. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141938

and kindly ask him to talk to guycrunch concerning this affair. :thumbup:

Jay Winnie ......... (501) 563-9898.

If I lived closer to Little Rock I'd definitely help look into this for you and maybe even get to claim the $50 reward. Good luck getting this resolved guy.

CreeDo
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Hell I'd grab it and ship it back for free. Keep the 50, you shouldn't have to pay for being a nice guy.

IA8baller
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Maybe Ray will stop and pay Jay a visit tonight? ;)

I see he's in Little Rock tonight. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141938

Spimp13
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Odd that his post is 5-10 or very recently giving his number when you have been trying to get ahold of him for awhile. I am assuming you have sent him a PM as well as calling? Bump for you...hopefully just a simple misunderstanding, otherwise I am sure someone on here knows him and help you out. Best of luck.
Matt

TX Poolnut
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Hoping you get your stuff back. I hate thieves.

Big-Tattoo
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
If I was there I would help for free and this Man can not play Pool anymore:eek::bash::yeah:
Sorry for your lost my Friend.
Ralf:grin-devilish:

CreeDo
05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I see the last poster is named Ralf and he's in germany. I always suspected there was a huge tattoo under mr. souquet's shirt! http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/forum/smiley_shocked.gif

pimp
05-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear this guy. I remember you sent me that same cue to try out awhile back and we had a similar deal. This really sucks that a douch bag like this might get away with screwing a felllow az'er :angry:

Rack'em jay
07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
did you get your cue back? or has he paid you?

Taylor_Lee09
07-28-2009, 04:10 PM
I sure hope you get it back. I live fairly close to Little Rock, so if I'm ever there with some buddies and happen to run into him, I'll certainly try to get it back. I hate people who steal - especially from people doing them a deed.

fsarfino
07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Guy,

Not sure If you got your cue back but I sure hope that you did. If I lived in the area I would be sure to stop by and pay this fellow a visit for ya.

Frank

Sweet Marissa
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
You shouldn't have to pay for some thief's actions. This really sucks, man. I hope you get your cue back. Please keep us informed.

8&snap
07-28-2009, 06:48 PM
$50 in little rock should buy you his head,sorry you got to go thru this shit for 1 low life.

PAMike
07-28-2009, 07:31 PM
.....bump.....

guycrunch
07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
thank you everyone for your support. someday i'm going to be in little rock myself and that should prove to be fun. in the meantime i intend to fax this poster to all the pool halls in the little rock area and the little rock police:

guy

fsarfino
07-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Guy,

I love that reward poster hopefully that will bring your cue back to ya :thumbup:

sk8ordie
07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Great wanted poster!:thumbup: I hope you retrieve your cue from this A$$Wipe.:angry: Maybe someone in the area will see this, know of him and get it back. Good luck sir. Ron

ARROWCRUSHER
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear this . All the pool halls should stick together and not let this a$$ wipe in their places , at all. Who wants to play with a theif and that is what a man is when he does takes something that doesn't belong to him .. I think he needa a trip to the dentist if you know what i mean !! Hope he gets whats comeing to hime !! Sorry !! <<<ed

greyghost
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Yea bump that up...the first cue I ever built pretty, little pink ivory jointed thing, and a nice sneaky pete that was a gift from the fellow who taught me, they both got jacked a few years back and I'll never forget it.

Jeez I wish I still had Lisa Marr's and ol' andre's number they stay around little rock and would definately spread the word. When the cops get him press grand theft I'm sure that cue's worth well over $500 bucks. And a shame cuz like you guys said fellow was doing him a favor breaking down the payments like that. Just when you think you can trust someone.....

Best of Luck,

G.G.

Rack'em jay
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Local pool rooms where you can find decent equipment and action would be Mcdaddys Billiards on fourth and maple north little rock arkansas. Another room is called Krome billiards. It is located on pershing and pike in north little rock as well. If you just want to have a drink, meet a chick, and play some pool and watch some tv go to fox and the hound in North little rock or go to the west end smokehouse and tavern in Little Rock on markham and shakelford road. Good bars to play pool would have to be Jouberts on mississippi and twelth st. this is where i play most of the time on the bar tables. A few other bars where there are money games would be the long branch saloon on scott hamilton and the pit stop on baseline and All stars on Highway 167 going toward jacksonville. The honey hut in levy. The forge is a block away from Krome and pool only cost a quarter, lol. The relay station is located on stagecoach rd. in little rock off highway 430 If you want to play pool and have a cheese burger and a tall pbr or liquor till 5am seven days a week, go to midtown billiards on main st. in little rock of highway 630

tournaments
monday Relay station on stagecoach rd (eight ball) bar tables

thursday Mcdaddys (nineball) bar tables

fridays The Forge (eightball) or Longbranch saloon (eightball) bar tables

saturday Long branch saloon (nine ball) bar tables

sunday Fox and Hound 100dollar added (eight or nine not sure) eight foot tables or The honey hut (eight ball (slop counts)) LOL

Krome has pool tournament and Mcdaddys have tournaments They have seven and nine ft tables.

The best players in Little Rock are Randy cole Lisa Marr and All ohrear

guycrunch
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
hey rack'em jay, where are you from??? your post is very familiar? might you be someone i know??

guy

Rack'em jay
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
hey rack'em jay, where are you from??? your post is very familiar? might you be someone i know??

guy

I copyed the post. so you would have the rooms to send your reward poster to that he played at. I live in the Great state of Texas

I am sure you don't know me, but i hope you get your cue back Guy

Winne2tough
07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry to everyone i have pissed off with this transaction. If have talked to guycrunch and the money order has been sent today for the cue. I should have paid for the cue before he sent it to me. He was only trying to see if i liked it before i bought it. It was my fault that i didnt pay guy soon enough. The economy is pretty bad for my business right now, no excuse, i should have paid him sooner. Sorry guy, thanks for the cue.
Jay

100kbet
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
way to man up winne. takes balls to come on here and admit it.

glad this is getting resolved.

"CaliRed".
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
sounds like the "checks in the mail":D

Matt_24
07-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Sorry to everyone i have pissed off with this transaction. If have talked to guycrunch and the money order has been sent today for the cue. I should have paid for the cue before he sent it to me. He was only trying to see if i liked it before i bought it. It was my fault that i didnt pay guy soon enough. The economy is pretty bad for my business right now, no excuse, i should have paid him sooner. Sorry guy, thanks for the cue.
Jay

It is a shame the guy has to get on here and make this thread in order for you to do this. Of course, it is still all talk as far as we know. I don't call that "manning up". I call it that you want to try and save what is left of your reputation. I hope you send that man his money.

tucson9ball
07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Jay

Guycrunch,
Let us know when you get the money so we can turn this guys rep to a different color. I hope you do get it.:thumbup:

greyghost
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
It is a shame the guy has to get on here and make this thread in order for you to do this. Of course, it is still all talk as far as we know. I don't call that "manning up". I call it that you want to try and save what is left of your reputation. I hope you send that man his money.

tap, tap. When there's a little problem people, let someone know. If you were supposed to pay them in two weeks and its not going to happen, then LET THEM KNOW. Don't just duck and wait till you got the bread and say sorry. Usually people are pretty great if you just work with them and not against them. Its all about being considerate and keeping the other informed about the situation. Everybody knows s*#t happens but you owe them the phone call so they know too.

G.G.

guycrunch
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
jay has called me and explained his situation. he agreed to send a money order for half the amount today and pay the rest in a week. i told him that was fine with me and that i was glad we finally talked and came to an agreement, i understand things are tough and all i wanted was to know he would do the right thing. i do think he had good intentions and when he couldn't come thru with the payment he didn't know how to handle it. i think this was a good learning experience for him and in the future he will handle himself better. i really appreciate everyone's support and will post the progress. thank you.

guy

shinobi
07-31-2009, 01:00 PM
jay has called me and explained his situation. he agreed to send a money order for half the amount today and pay the rest in a week. i told him that was fine with me and that i was glad we finally talked and came to an agreement, i understand things are tough and all i wanted was to know he would do the right thing. i do think he had good intentions and when he couldn't come thru with the payment he didn't know how to handle it. i think this was a good learning experience for him and in the future he will handle himself better. i really appreciate everyone's support and will post the progress. thank you.

guy

1) He could have just returned the cue. Very easy.

2) But instead he chose to keep it, and hang up on your phone calls. What kind of person is that?

3) In "the real world" if someone defaults on a payment for months, there is a penalty. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he didn't offer to pay extra (call it "interest") for the delay, let alone the stress he caused you.

4) I hope you get your money. He should scan a copy of the money order AND shipping receipt.

Winne2tough
07-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Guy thanks for the kind words, the money order has been sent. I did learn alot from this and will never do it again. I handled it the wrong way. Hopefully we can meet and laugh about this in the future.
jay

shinobi
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Guy thanks for the kind words, the money order has been sent. I did learn alot from this and will never do it again. I handled it the wrong way. Hopefully we can meet and laugh about this in the future.
jay

No surprise, you don't volunteer to show a copy of the money order stub or the shipping receipt.

OriontheHunter
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM

guy

Guy,
You are truly an outstanding individual. Your are a class act and i glad that this situation is working out for you.
Tom

shinobi
08-05-2009, 10:07 AM
So did the cue show up?

Mr Hoppe
08-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Bump for an update. I hope he came through.
Mr H

guycrunch
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
i will not be able to check today's mail until later tonite but i have not received any payment yet. i did get an email from the person who helped me get in contact with jay who said that they were told a check did go out. i will give an update later tonite.

guy

Razorback Randy
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
i will not be able to check today's mail until later tonite but i have not received any payment yet. i did get an email from the person who helped me get in contact with jay who said that they were told a check did go out. i will give an update later tonite.

guy

Have you been paid? I am going to LR this weekend!:angry:

hangemhigh
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Guycrunch,
Let us know when you get the money so we can turn this guys rep to a different color. I hope you do get it.:thumbup:

What???? The RED can get darker? I know you are not suggesting turning him back to green any time soon so he can prey on someone else. The red flag is there for a reason.

guycrunch
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
well, on 7-31 jay said the check was sent out altho on 8-5 it was reported that the check went out then. as of today's mail still no check but i am hopefull it will arrive tomorrow or monday. i will keep updating the thread. thank you everyone for the support.

guy

tucson9ball
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, his red rep may indeed get darker. We are still waiting to see if you received payment.:cool:
I was thinking from my earlier post of giving him some green, but it seems to take this character too long to do anything. I just hope you get your money and he will get no green from me, although I never gave him red either.

guycrunch
08-17-2009, 05:02 PM
well, this is reminding me of march when i first sent him the cue and he said he would send me a check right away.

jay

on friday july 31 he said the check was made out and he was on his way to mail it. on wednesday august 5 he told someone else he mailed the check that day. it's now august 17 and still no payment of any kind. and what makes me really disappointed is no communication from him at all. so i guess i'll start sending the wanted flyers to all the local pool rooms. and it has been suggested that a local little rock tv station might air this as well, i will start looking into it. i asked my contact to relay to winne2tough that i will pay to have the cue sent back so he doesn't have to spend any money.

i know times are tough and as i said i would have been happy even if he just started making small payments but this has gone on long enough. anyone who has dealt with me knows i like to send out the product first to make sure the buyer is happy, that's the way i was taught. it's too bad that this is the first time something like this has happened. thank you all for your support.

guy

mullyman
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
anyone who has dealt with me knows i like to send out the product first to make sure the buyer is happy, that's the way i was taught. it's too bad that this is the first time something like this has happened. thank you all for your support.

guy

Yeah, I'm about as trustworthy as you could get but I would never expect anyone to send me the product first. Even if you feel that sending the product first is best you should at least get 50% payment for it in case something like this happens.
MULLY
if I was in Little Rock, or wherever the frick he is, I'd kick his ass up between his shoulder blades for you

curlyscues
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
there is a jay winn who chats in the streams a lot lately.
M.C.

gobrian77
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM
You're a very trusting, easy-going person, Guy (I remember very well the consideration you showed me last year, which was much appreciated- the Zac is my everyday player and I couldn't be happier with it:thumbup:)- I hope things work out for you.

Winne2tough
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Guy is a really nice guy. He sent me a cue without any payment. I feel really bad about all this and he is being paid. I just finished remodeling a bathroom the other day and im waiting on the check to clear. I talked to guy today and reassured him that im paying him in full for the cue in about a week. Recently i wanted to send him half the payment but i had to pay rent. Just a week ago business just started to pick back up. Im a handyman and for about two months i barely got by, and fell behind on bills. Like i said im waiting on a five thousand dollar check to clear with my bank and guy is going to be paid. Again everyone i love az and im not a bad guy. I dont appreciate the threats, and i have no excuse for my actions. All i can say is that i love the cue and wanted it very bad and should have paid guy sooner. Hopefully within a week or two my reputation can be fixed in az. Did not mean for all this to blow up just had a hard time lately with money. Please quit with the threats though.
Jay

J Layer
08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Any news on this Guy?Have you received any payment yet?

Draz
08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Guy, What you might want to do for a safety measure in the future, is ask for a partial/half money deposit ahead of time you know for good faith. Then send off the cue, if they like it then they pay you the rest in payments or what have you.
If they dont like it then you give then they send you back the cue and you refund the money...

It's like a good faith deposit...

p.s. hope you get your money

- Draz

Snapshot9
08-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Guy is a really nice guy. He sent me a cue without any payment. I feel really bad about all this and he is being paid. I just finished remodeling a bathroom the other day and im waiting on the check to clear. I talked to guy today and reassured him that im paying him in full for the cue in about a week. Recently i wanted to send him half the payment but i had to pay rent. Just a week ago business just started to pick back up. Im a handyman and for about two months i barely got by, and fell behind on bills. Like i said im waiting on a five thousand dollar check to clear with my bank and guy is going to be paid. Again everyone i love az and im not a bad guy. I dont appreciate the threats, and i have no excuse for my actions. All i can say is that i love the cue and wanted it very bad and should have paid guy sooner. Hopefully within a week or two my reputation can be fixed in az. Did not mean for all this to blow up just had a hard time lately with money. Please quit with the threats though.
Jay

Remodeling a bathroom is worth $5,000? That's news to me. Have you kept your word, Jay, or is that check still waiting to clear?

Bigtruck
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Guy, What you might want to do for a safety measure in the future, is ask for a partial/half money deposit ahead of time you know for good faith. Then send off the cue, if they like it then they pay you the rest in payments or what have you.
If they dont like it then you give then they send you back the cue and you refund the money...

It's like a good faith deposit...

p.s. hope you get your money

- Draz

Crazy!!

I actually tried to meet up with Jay back in May when I passed through Little Rock!!

This is some bad mojo here!!! Jay should ship the cue back or send the cash immediately. No excuse for this.

Ray

Bigtruck
08-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Jay

Talk talk talk......I call bullsh!T.

Send the cue back. Post a copy of the shipping receipt here. I'm betting you pawned or sold the cue months ago!

You will never be green again. Too many lies.

Guy,

Give me a call. I'll pm you my number. I may be able to help.

Ray

VonRhett
08-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Let me translate:

"Blah, blah, blah....I stole the cue.....blah, blah, I'm a low-life thief....blah, blah, he's never getting his money.....blah, blah, I love Barkcinnamon, blah, blah, blah, EWs my main man, blah, blah, wanna buy a bridge?....."

You are one lying ass scumbag - just return the man's cue!!

Jay

skor
08-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Jay

Here is a free advice for life:
If you don't have money for rent don't be looking for $400 pool cues and use a house stick!!!

Don't want to get into anybody's pocket but if times are tough then pool cues and other luxuries should not be on your mind, and yes pool cues are luxuries.

Now man up, send the money and ban yourself from the wanted/for sale section...

OTB
08-24-2009, 06:18 AM
This guy will get what is due, karma, pays everyone a visit.

J Layer
08-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Crazy!!

I actually tried to meet up with Jay back in May when I passed through Little Rock!!

This is some bad mojo here!!! Jay should ship the cue back or send the cash immediately. No excuse for this.

Ray

I couldn't agree more.We all understand ''hard times'' then at the least return the cue.There is absolutely no excuses for this.This is just simply a crime.I would consider this theft.

JR

J Layer
08-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Let me translate:

"Blah, blah, blah....I stole the cue.....blah, blah, I'm a low-life thief....blah, blah, he's never getting his money.....blah, blah, I love Barkcinnamon, blah, blah, blah, EWs my main man, blah, blah, wanna buy a bridge?....."

TAP...TAP...Dead on here!Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Bigtruck
08-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Let me translate:

While I agree totally with this post, I must point out that fellow AZer "blah blah" IS in good standing and someone I consider a valuable contributor....imo.

Ray
(friend of blah blah) :D

shamadam
08-24-2009, 09:03 AM
My first transaction here was with Guy. He did the same thing and sent me
a Gilbert cue to look at before I paid. Now, I had no dealings here on AZ
and not too many posts. Guy trusted me with a cue worth plenty more
than the Reynolds cue that he sent Jay. We finished the deal right after
that. I think that thats one of the reasons that I try so hard to ship my
items out A.S.A.P. and describe them as honestly as possible. Because
thats the right way to do it. I figured eventually there would be someone
that would take advantage of Guys generosity, and screw him over. I
wished for it never to happen, but in this day and age, woulda bet that it
would. I just wanted to say thank you to Guy for trusting me back in the
day, and to reinforce what a great guy he is, and a great asset to this
forum. I hope you get your money, or your cue back very quickly Guy. In
my opinion, Jay should be banned from here. I dont care how many times
you apologize, and post that the payment is on the way. More lies, more
BS. Just pay the damn $ 10 and ship the cue back Jay. Its the right thing
to do. Even if its way to late to save any shred of dignity, its still the right
thing to do.

Winne2tough
08-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Talk talk talk......I call bullsh!T.

Send the cue back. Post a copy of the shipping receipt here. I'm betting you pawned or sold the cue months ago!

You will never be green again. Too many lies.

Guy,

Give me a call. I'll pm you my number. I may be able to help.

Ray

Hey man i have sent the money, sent it last week and it was my fault for the delay. If your ever in little rock again give me a call. Just a mistake and im trying to fix it. Everybody sorry my bad.

Draz
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
But here is a solution, if you still dont have the money go pawn your hoyt cues if those are yours. And if you have NOT pawned off the cue or sold it to someone like some have said, then ship it back if you're not gonna pay.

So some future advice if you deal with anyone in the future, which will not be here im sure because of what you did. But... If you deal in the future make sure you follow these steps.

STEPS:

1. Talk to the person about payment.
2. Have the payment BEFORE you even make a deal.
3. Pay what you OWE before item gets shipped.
4. When payment goes through you get product
5. Enjoy product

-------

Guy, Advice to you for next time, setup deals and what not, through something that gives you receipts and direct payment. I think you can set up invoices and what not on paypal. but now a days trusting people is very difficult. Still hope you get either your money or the cue back.

Good luck

- Draz

JoeyA
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey man i have sent the money, sent it last week and it was my fault for the delay. If your ever in little rock again give me a call. Just a mistake and im trying to fix it. Everybody sorry my bad.

Jay,
Why don't you look at the address on the moneyorder/check that you sent to Guy and confirm with him that it is the right address?

Good to see you working to fix the problem.

JoeyA

Rich Guano
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
lyin on the lamb

Fred
08-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Here is a free advice for life:
If you don't have money for rent don't be looking for $400 pool cues and use a house stick!!!

Don't want to get into anybody's pocket but if times are tough then pool cues and other luxuries should not be on your mind, and yes pool cues are luxuries.

Now man up, send the money and ban yourself from the wanted/for sale section...

Here Here!!

How many times do people need to hear its the indian not the arrow, before they get it.

For Christ sakes man, send that cue back and then get on ebay and find yourself a used Cuetec.

If its good enough for SVB, then you will probably, somehow, manage to getbuy.

Justin Nuder

Bigtruck
08-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Jay,
Why don't you look at the address on the moneyorder/check that you sent to Guy and confirm with him that it is the right address?

Good to see you working to fix the problem.

JoeyA

Joey,

There was no money order! Just hollow words. Does this sound like he's "working to fix the problem"?

Ray

posted 5-18-2009!!!!!!!!
we negotiated the price and settled on $400 of which he would send me $300 right away. I have never received a penny and now he hangs up on me as soon as he hears my voice. guy

posted on 7-31-2009
Jay

posted on 7-31-2009
jay

posted 8-17-2009
well, this is reminding me of march when i first sent him the cue and he said he would send me a check right away.

on friday july 31 he said the check was made out and he was on his way to mail it. on wednesday august 5 he told someone else he mailed the check that day. it's now august 17 and still no payment of any kind. and what makes me really disappointed is no communication from him at all. so i guess i'll start sending the wanted flyers to all the local pool rooms. and it has been suggested that a local little rock tv station might air this as well, i will start looking into it. i asked my contact to relay to winne2tough that i will pay to have the cue sent back so he doesn't have to spend any money.

i know times are tough and as i said i would have been happy even if he just started making small payments but this has gone on long enough. anyone who has dealt with me knows i like to send out the product first to make sure the buyer is happy, that's the way i was taught. it's too bad that this is the first time something like this has happened. thank you all for your support.

guy

posted 8-18-2009 WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT JAY APPRECIATES??????
Jay

posted - today 8-24-2009

POST A COPY OF THE RECEIPT.

This is the same song as on 7-31-2009. Just more hollow words!

Ray

J Layer
08-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Ray couldn't be more dead on.It's just to bad that a dead beat screws over a good AZer.I'm sure this Nit will just go away never to be heard from again.But every dog has his day.

guycrunch
08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
i am happy to report that i received a western union money order today for the full amount and jay has told me that at some point he will try and send me an additional $50. i want to thank everyone for their support especially one lady from the area who was very helpful in getting this handled.

jay says he has learned from this experience and will never let something like this happen again and i hope he really means it. i like to give the benefit of the doubt and figure there were some circumstances that led jay to this and he will handle himself differently in the future.

guy

Bigtruck
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
i am happy to report that i received a western union money order today for the full amount and jay has told me that at some point he will try and send me an additional $50. i want to thank everyone for their support especially one lady from the area who was very helpful in getting this handled.

jay says he has learned from this experience and will never let something like this happen again and i hope he really means it. i like to give the benefit of the doubt and figure there were some circumstances that led jay to this and he will handle himself differently in the future.

guy

That's great news Guy!!

The power of AZ forums.

Congrats!

Ray

JoeyA
08-25-2009, 02:58 PM

guy

That's great news for you and Jay!

Jay has stood up like a real man. He's admitted his mistake, corrected his mistake and will work hard to not let this happen again.

If there are any of you that haven't made a mistake, let him cast the first stone.

Jay, YOU DID REAL GOOD!

Guy, you've got some good Karma working for you. :D You MUST be a good guy. :smile:

JoeyA

ugotactionTX
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
what a mess. I'm glad you got what was coming to you. I guess it could have been much much worse, but that was still a bunch of B.S.

Bigtruck
08-25-2009, 03:21 PM

Jay has stood up like a real man. He's admitted his mistake, corrected his mistake and will work hard to not let this happen again.

If there are any of you that haven't made a mistake, let him cast the first stone.

Jay, YOU DID REAL GOOD!

Guy, you've got some good Karma working for you. :D You MUST be a good guy. :smile:

JoeyA

Joey,

Jay didn't stand up at all. He was forced up by people in the forum and Little Rock. He started off by lying in May,Hanging up on Guy numerous times, lying again in July and finally paying off when AZers started stirring it up in August!!

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you think he is suddenly reformed.

Guy is definitely a "good Guy". Jay.......well, I believe Karma will catch up with him too!

I do believe people can change, I just don't think that's what happened here.

Ray

shinobi
08-25-2009, 04:17 PM
guycrunch -- I'm glad for you and sorry for the stress he put you through.

JoeyA -- I can't believe you think the guy deserves any praise. Ridiculous. He hasn't changed his ways. He was a moron, a liar, and a thief. He didn't suddenly become a stand up citizen.

VonRhett
08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
WTF? He finally succumbed to the pressure and the very real threat of going to jail.

NOT a good guy.

Saying "I'm sorry" doesn't wipe the slate clean - not by a long shot.

It took him over FIVE MONTHS to pay for this, and he lied to the Seller the entire time.

So now you wanna give him an atta boy?

Let's apply that same logic to other criminals. Let's say someone steals your car, then 5 months later they return it. It's still Grand Theft Auto, and they're still going to jail.

Unless they say "I'm sorry, won't happen again" then the police should let them go???

PUH-LEAZE.

Jay, YOU DID REAL GOOD!

JoeyA

Winne2tough
08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
im glad this was resolved and its behind me. heading out to the trick shot magic and speed pool challenge in a few weeks. l need a vacation. oh big truck love your stream man, the white diamond tournament was awesome. all i can say is i made a mistake. take it easy everyone jay

Fred
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
im glad this was resolved and its behind me. heading out to the trick shot magic and speed pool challenge in a few weeks. l need a vacation. oh big truck love your stream man, the white diamond tournament was awesome. all i can say is i made a mistake. take it easy everyone jay

How the hell does a guy who had a financial crisis over a $400 pool cue afford a vacation?

The only mistake you made was assuming that if you ignored Guy long enough he would go away.

Justin Nuder

beav99_4life
08-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Am I the only one who feels that a f*ck-up of this magnitude so quickly after joining the forum constitutes banishment and red rep for life?!! Damn, the guy is offered an amazing deal (to get a cue and try it out before buying it) and just craps on the seller, who is a respected and established member of the forums. Sorry, no forgiveness here.

JoeyA
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Joey,

Jay didn't stand up at all. He was forced up by people in the forum and Little Rock. He started off by lying in May,Hanging up on Guy numerous times, lying again in July and finally paying off when AZers started stirring it up in August!!

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you think he is suddenly reformed.

Guy is definitely a "good Guy". Jay.......well, I believe Karma will catch up with him too!

I do believe people can change, I just don't think that's what happened here.

Ray

Some of you have different perspectives than I do. That's fine with me. It's what makes the world go 'round.

If you read the forums like I do, you would see that when people make mistakes, in spite of all of the brow-beating, quasi-threats and other chest beating by well meaning posters, most people seldom pay up.

Deadbeats normally just go away into the night. They don't get arrested, they don't get beat up, they don't go to the hospital etc. They SELDOM EVER PAY. Sometimes, they even just get a new identity and stay right here on AZ Billiards Main Forum.

Here is a guy who obviously did wrong. Hell, even the guy admits he screwed up. He finally does the right thing and pays up IN FULL. Guy is happy with the end result but you and others don't think he deserves any credit for settling his wrong. All he gets for the restitution is heckling and scolding from the majority of posters. Yeah, I think this type of treatment is really going to get a lot more people to come forth and do the right thing. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see more people seeing the benefit to settling wrong-doings and debts.

While I can understand your point of view, I guess I just look at things in a different light.

JoeyA

J Layer
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM

guy

This is great news Guy!Glad this has worked out.To bad that it just has taken so much time and effort to make this right.:thumbup:

JR

shinobi
08-26-2009, 10:06 AM
JoeyA,

One could equally argue that people with your attitude are pandering to criminals and letting them off easily, encouraging people to try to get away with criminal activity because hey, even if they get caught, they stall, they lie, they try to hide, they deceive again and again... in the end they can just do what they were supposed to do in the first place and you'll be waiting there with open arms again.

Like someone else said, sure some people can change but that's not what happened here. Not at all.

Bigtruck
08-26-2009, 10:09 AM
All he gets for the restitution is heckling and scolding from the majority of posters. Yeah, I think this type of treatment is really going to get a lot more people to come forth and do the right thing. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see more people seeing the benefit to settling wrong-doings and debts.

While I can understand your point of view, I guess I just look at things in a different light.

JoeyA

Restitution doesn't mean you get a free pass. THAT is the wrong message. Your reputation and trust takes a long time to build. If people want to steal and lie, they will be scolded and heckled for some time. If we send the message " it's OK to rip someone off if you need money, we'll forgive you later when you pay it back" We are encouraging the stealing and lying. Discouraging the act from the beginning is what we should be doing.

It will take Jay a lot of good deeds before he goes back in my green book.

Ray

JoeyA
08-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Restitution doesn't mean you get a free pass. THAT is the wrong message. Your reputation and trust takes a long time to build. If people want to steal and lie, they will be scolded and heckled for some time. If we send the message " it's OK to rip someone off if you need money, we'll forgive you later when you pay it back" We are encouraging the stealing and lying. Discouraging the act from the beginning is what we should be doing.

It will take Jay a lot of good deeds before he goes back in my green book.

Ray

If you think Jay got a free pass, you really have a different perspective than me. Maybe a pound of flesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shylock)would be more in line for proper restitution???

JoeyA

Bigtruck
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
If you think Jay got a free pass, you really have a different perspective than me. Maybe a pound of flesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shylock)would be more in line for proper restitution???

JoeyA

I was pretty sure that you were perfectly willing to simply view this as a loan from Guy. This was NOT a loan, and even it it was, Jay defaulted months ago. If you feel better about giving Jay a pat on the back and an attaboy.....you go ahead. Guy has his money, we dis-agree on how Jay should be treated....time to move on.

Ray

Celtic
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Jay

Maybe it's just me but I would have sent back the cue if I was under such a crunch I could not afford to pay for the thing instead of holding on to it telling the guy who sent it I would for sure get him the money by March 17, 2014 because my grandmother is getting old and I am likely to get a windfall of inheritence from her demise allowing me buy a scratch and win ticket on that day, which is in fact my lucky day and will turn it all around for me. March 17, 2014 for sure!

I would have already sent back the cue, but you probably sold it or pawned it and spent the money on pot and beer.

*Edit* Good to see Guy finally got his money. Only 5 months after the truly moral and honest members of this forum would have sent it. Your stripes are still visible Winnie, you should be blacklisted from itrader, doing business with you would be akin to playing russian roulette with 5 of the 6 chambers loaded.

JoeyA
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I was pretty sure that you were perfectly willing to simply view this as a loan from Guy. This was NOT a loan, and even it it was, Jay defaulted months ago. If you feel better about giving Jay a pat on the back and an attaboy.....you go ahead. Guy has his money, we dis-agree on how Jay should be treated....time to move on.

Ray

Now that's what I'm talking about. :D
JoeyA

lfigueroa
08-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Some of you have different perspectives than I do. That's fine with me. It's what makes the world go 'round.

JoeyA

Pithy.

I dan't know why, but I do believe I shall save this quote for future reference.

Lou Figueroa
squirreling away nuts
for winter

JoeyA
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Pithy.

I dan't know why, but I do believe I shall save this quote for future reference.

Lou Figueroa
squirreling away nuts
for winter

STALKER!

JoeyA

Bigtruck
08-28-2009, 07:34 AM
JoeyA

Pithy.

Lou Figueroa
squirreling away nuts
for winter

STALKER!

JoeyA

This is some funny stuff right here!!! :grinning-moose::groucho: :shocked:

Ray
(:outtahere:)