PDA

View Full Version : Rooms in florence, Alabama area

socalplayer
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Headed to northern Alabama this week would like suggestions for area pool rooms. We're staying in Florence but anything within 50 miles or so would work. Not looking for a bar with a table. Am looking to find a real pool room with big tables and action. Preferably without a loud jukebox. Golf on a snooker table would work too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

n33njah
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
There's the rack and cue in cullman alabama I think that's about an hour away from florence. Shooters in huntsville not sure on the distance from florence. Other than that there's a few small rinky dink places around the area in like hartselle and decatur, but those are the really only two dedicated halls that I know of. I believe florence actually has a pool hall iirc but i haven't personally been there. Rack and cue has some moderate low action, though i cant garuntee you will get any. They do play 5 and a quarter golf just about every night on the snooker table. If you need any more info feel free to PM and i'll get up with some of the guys i know from here in huntsville for info.
Andrew

iba7467
05-19-2009, 03:14 AM
The Smokehouse is America's oldest running pool room and is nearby. The tables are nothing special but they have a snooker table and a little action. If you play well enough to bet I can give you a name or description.

Zud
05-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Shooters in Huntsville has 4 9' Diamonds, The rest are 7' Diamonds. There is usually always some action available.

I have a friend that drives over from Florence to play, Ill ask what is closer and post this afternoon.