PDA

View Full Version : Awesome night at league last night!

BryanBpool
05-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Time to share!

I had a killer night at 9 ball league last night. My opponent scratched on the break then I did the following:

Ran that rack
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran

My inning finally ended with a dry break! In total it was a 45 ball run.

Awesome night!

/endSharing! :thumbup:

IntoTheRail
05-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Nice dude. That will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents for sure. Im guessing this is APA as you mentioned the ball count. Best I have done in that format is ran out 4 to close a set out playing a tough sl5. Feels good.

BryanBpool
05-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Nice dude. That will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents for sure. Im guessing this is APA as you mentioned the ball count. Best I have done in that format is ran out 4 to close a set out playing a tough sl5. Feels good.

Yeah, Its APA 9 ball.

I absolutely refuse to lose now that they have those ridiculous "I beat a 9" patches. :thumbup:

My break was working last night.

9 ball is a whole lot easier when you are making a ball on the break and getting a shot on the one almost every rack.

IA8baller
05-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Congrats! It's an awesome feeling to run out multiple racks isn't it? I've run 5-packs in 9-ball two seperate times and I can't wait to do it again or possibly get to a 6-pack next time. :thumbup:

Richardson
05-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Awesome its so much fun to run over someone in league.

IntoTheRail
05-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah, those "i beat a 9" patches just make me want to break my opponents spirit and make them contemplate quitting all together. I beat a guy 75-11 right after I found out about those.

Richardson
05-19-2009, 06:42 AM
My best ever win was in a playoff to go to vegas.

I was a 7 at the time and i won 20-0 against a 4 when our team was down. Talk about pumping everyones spirit up :) Yes we went to vegas, sadly our team was not that good and we went 2 and out down there. But i was 21 and had a ball.

dirtypool40
05-19-2009, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=BryanBpool;1828061]...those ridiculous "I beat a 9" patches. :thumbup:
[QUOTE]

Yeah, I have two league stories like that, ok, neither near as good as yours...:thumbup:

One was playoff, I rushed in late, and was short the dues, and didn't want to make the trip to the ATM. The Captain said if I beat the 3 I was playing by enough to get "all the points" he would pay my dues. Final was something like 35-0.

The other was playing power league, I beat my opponent 7-3 and neither one of us missed a ball. We played a couple safeties, and scratched on the break, but if we shot at it, we got out. As close to a perfect set as I have played in a long time, maybe ever.

It went something like:

I won the toss, broke and flew the table. He ran out. 0-1

He broke and got kicked in, I ran out. 1-1

I broke and ran. 2-1

I broke, and played safe on the 2. He kicked it in two rails and ran out. 2-2.

He broke and played safe on like the 5, I jumped it in and ran out. 3-2

I broke and ran out. 4-2

I broke and ran to a cluster, playing safe on the 6. We traded safeties, until I banked it in and ran out. 5-2

I broke and ran out. 6-2

I broke and scratched (8-ball now). He ran out. 6-3

He broke and scratched. I ran out. 7-3

The only ball I "missed" was a long diagonal "if I miss" safety bank.

BryanBpool
05-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Yeah, those "i beat a 9" patches just make me want to break my opponents spirit and make them contemplate quitting all together. I beat a guy 75-11 right after I found out about those.

heh, Yeah. Nothing keeps your opponents on their toes knowing that you are a threat to win from anywhere with any score.

There is nothing I enjoy more than just beating someone senseless on league night. It brings me joy :thumbup:

Gregg
05-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Great shooting.

IMO that's what pool is all about; playing your best when it matters to you the most. Even better when your teammates and friends are there to witness your awesome play.

BryanBpool
05-19-2009, 07:06 AM
My best ever win was in a playoff to go to vegas.

I was a 7 at the time and i won 20-0 against a 4 when our team was down. Talk about pumping everyones spirit up :) Yes we went to vegas, sadly our team was not that good and we went 2 and out down there. But i was 21 and had a ball.

I was on a team that went to vegas back in 2001. Man that was a long time ago. I was a 5 then.

It was a hell of a trip. :-) We did pretty good, taking 19th place.

The match we lost was in sudden death. Two 1's beating the 9 ball around for the win for about 6 innings. It was a nail-biter!

poolfoole
05-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Very nice shooting. I've had a couple of 2 packs in 9-ball, but I'm not good enough to do better than that even though I have a very good break. I've been on the receiving end of these types of runs a few times. Usually, against a strong 8 when the APA won't allow me to use my jump cue and I'm forced to go for some impossible kick instead. The next shot, my opponent makes a run like that.

Time to share!

I had a killer night at 9 ball league last night. My opponent scratched on the break then I did the following:

Ran that rack
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran

Awesome night!

D_Lewis
05-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Time to share!

Ran that rack
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran
Broke and Ran

Awesome night!

What is your handicap?

What is this I hear about "I beat a 9" patches? Ive beat every one Ive ever faced..... (dont have too many around here)

BryanBpool
05-19-2009, 08:28 AM
What is your handicap?

What is this I hear about "I beat a 9" patches? Ive beat every one Ive ever faced..... (dont have too many around here)

I am shooting as a 9.

John Biddle
05-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Congratulations Bryan, awesome shooting. You're on you way to defining what being a 9 is all about.

TX Poolnut
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Well done Sir.

CreeDo
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
dude that's sick. Have you ever done a 5-pack in your life before? To do it in league is something else.

Good work.