PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii - Big Island Pool Halls

StevenPWaldon
05-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi-

I'm going to Hawaii from the 20th - 20th. I'll be on the Kona side of the big island, but will probably make a few trips out to Hilo.

Does anyone know of any pool halls on the Big Island? I'll be staying in Captain Cook, so anything near Kailua-Kona would be nice.

Johnnyt
05-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi-

I'm going to Hawaii from the 20th - 20th. I'll be on the Kona side of the big island, but will probably make a few trips out to Hilo.

Does anyone know of any pool halls on the Big Island? I'll be staying in Captain Cook, so anything near Kailua-Kona would be nice.

If you don't get an answer on here I would PM Phobe Choy...she lives there. Johnnyt

macguy
05-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi-

I think Brian has a place there.

I looked it up
http://www.hawaiianbrians.com/site/about/index.htm

poolhustler
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Hawaiian Brian's
1680 Kapiolani Blvd. Honolulu Hi, 96814
PH:808-946-1343
FAX:808-943-8574

Hawaiin Brian's looks like a nice place although not on the big Island.

My wife and I were on the Big Island for two weeks about 2 years ago.

I stopped in a little place just north of Kona which had 4 or 5 tables and played for an hour or so.

You can see it clearly from the highway while driving. I even saw the place while driving through pouring rain!!

I had a great time and will go back someday soon.

Enjoy your trip!!

Russ....

kano
05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm from Hawaii,

HawaiianBrian's is in the State of Hawaii but not on the island of Hawaii. The Big Island is also called Hawaii by the Hawaiians. Brian's is on the island of Oahu. Phobe lives on the island of Oahu and Brian's is her stomping grounds.

StevenPWaldon is going to the Big Island specifically Kona and Hilo. Sorry but I've only been on the Big Island once so I don't know any rooms there. I know some players come out of the Big Island who go to Oahu and do well in the tournaments at Brian's so they must play somewhere.

Try doing a word search on AZB. Like Hawaii, Kona, Big Island etc. Try Google Maps too, you may get lucky.

I wonder if there is a way to find any AZBr's by location? You could then PM anyone from there.

Brandon

poolhustler
05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
One of the best experiences we had while there was the helicopter ride we took around the island. We did the full island trip and I highly recomend it.

Russ.

GMAC
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi-

You are going to hawaii for a month - I hate you. Man a month in Hawaii I may never come home.

LAlouie
05-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I think the lava flow keeps shifting the balance on all the tables on Kona. Just make sure you have a getaway jeep running outside.

StevenPWaldon
05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Whoops, typo there. Only going there for a week. I used to spend summers there, though... why I always came back I'm not sure; perhaps because I knew I could always go back to visit family!

Looks like I'm missing the first night of the ABC 9-ball League. Totally worth it, though!

SW

You are going to hawaii for a month - I hate you. Man a month in Hawaii I may never come home.

GG11
05-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Whoops, typo there. Only going there for a week. I used to spend summers there, though... why I always came back I'm not sure; perhaps because I knew I could always go back to visit family!

Looks like I'm missing the first night of the ABC 9-ball League. Totally worth it, though!

SW

Hi Steve!

FYI, Naldo is in Hawaii right now too! I don't know where, but he's there!

bsmutz
05-20-2009, 09:23 AM
If you find anything worthwhile, PM me when you get back. I'm going in September. Have fun!
Thanks!