PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know Anything About New York Cases?

Hunter
05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

I just bought a great cue case from one of our AZBrs.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141012

It's made by New York Cases. I've seen a few NY Cases in the past, but know very little about them. I'm assuming they are out of business, as I can't find any current info.

The ones I've seen previously were kind of gaudy, but the one that I picked up is classy. It's made of a black kid glove leather and is lined with green suede. The case is smooth and has a substantial hard plastic base with tall feet that will allow the case to stand up by itself. It is a semi triangular shape. It has a pocket that is on the back of the case under the wide strap. The pocket has an envelope type flap and is very low profile and subtle. The other NY Cases that I've seen actually had pockets that were recessed into the case itself.

Does anybody have any information they could share about the cases or the company?

Thanks!

Steve

Hunter
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
To the top...

JCIN
05-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Don't know who made them. I do not think they were around too long. Always liked them in sort of an abstract way. I owned a 2x4 in black that I won at one of Jeanette's charity auctions at Chalkie's in Indy years back. Cool case but bulky and heavy as hell for actually hauling around.

It would not surprise me to see them have a collector interest at some point.

AuntyDan
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Vivian Villereal has used one for years. I always thought their design with a hidden storage compartment between the tubes was a nice idea. I had a friend who bought one a few years ago, he tracked down the owner and they still had some stock they were selling even though they weren't still manufacturing.

However I'm personally not a fan of cases made with thin glove-style leather on a cue case, I much prefer the nice, thick saddle-style leather like my Justis has :-)

HollyWood
05-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Michael Amend, fine leather designs. Not in bussiness but here is ph. 212- 517- 5782. 235 East 73rdstreet, No12d New York, New York 10021 I have a NYC case as well great protection. Good luck mark

Hunter
05-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks and good rep to all for your help!

Steve

Str8PoolPlayer
05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi all,

I just bought a great cue case from one of our AZBrs.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141012

It's made by New York Cases. I've seen a few NY Cases in the past, but know very little about them. I'm assuming they are out of business, as I can't find any current info.

You have a beautiful case there ... It was originally mine and I only stored high-end cues in it ...

I still have a 2x4 with hidden pockets and really love it ... As one member stated, they are big and heavy but Man are they Nice !!! ...

Over the years I ordered several New York Cases directly from the manufacturer ... He also made other high-end leather goods (I think mostly Purses), but his overhead was out of sight so he went out of business ...

Sorry to see him go for sure ... His Cases are among the finest ever made ...

Hunter
05-22-2009, 12:50 AM
You have a beautiful case there ... It was originally mine and I only stored high-end cues in it ...

I still have a 2x4 with hidden pockets and really love it ... As one member stated, they are big and heavy but Man are they Nice !!! ...

Over the years I ordered several New York Cases directly from the manufacturer ... He also made other high-end leather goods (I think mostly Purses), but his overhead was out of sight so he went out of business ...

Sorry to see him go for sure ... His Cases are among the finest ever made ...

Thanks for your post! This case might be a keeper. It does have an interesting mix of style and functionality...kid leather on a case made like a tank!

Steve

branpureza
08-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Back from the ashes...

A friend of mine used to have one of these, it was black and had multi-colored diamonds on it.. bright colored ones.

Does anyone have any pictures they could share with us?

thepavlos
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20040607103141/www.newyorkcase.com/products2.html

branpureza
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20040607103141/www.newyorkcase.com/products2.html

Thanks man! That's the case I was talking about. :thumbup: