PDA

View Full Version : Who carries their Justis daily?

Standbykid
05-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Az'ers,
I was fortunate enough to win a Justis Pro-lite 2x4 in a raffle by Mr. Justis in Vegas. I want to carry it, but I'm a little concerned about damage, hijacking, etc. So, I was just wondering who carries theirs as an everyday case and who uses theirs for primarily for storing cues at home? On the one hand, there's no point in having it, if I don't use it. On the other, it's so nice, I don't want anything to happen to it. Any insight would be appreciated.

George Fels
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
,,,but as far as protecting your cue, a Justis case is the next best thing to making it bulletproof. GF

pwd72s
05-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Depends...when I'm going to my favorite hall, I carry my Justis case, the Josey cue.

When I'm going to play in a local dive, I pack a 1X1 Porper case & a plain Jane McDermott I picked up in a local pawn shop for $100...

It's all about personal comfort level, I guess...

Rusty Melton
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I have never had mine out of the house. It rarely comes out of it's bag, seems a shame but it's so pretty.

BVal
05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I have never had mine out of the house. It rarely comes out of it's bag, seems a shame but it's so pretty.
Seriously?

BVal

Gatz
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I have 4 buddies that have his case and they all use them like any other case. I know if I had a Justis I would be using it 24/7. I wouldn't want such a good case go to no use. Plus I would want to show it off hehe :D

Rusty Melton
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Seriously, what a waste of a great case. I think about trading it or selling it from time to time but I just can't let go of it.:o

Klopek
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

guycrunch
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
i have a justis 3x6 that is my daily player case. these cases are virtually indestructable and jack will tell you that kiwi paste shoe polish in the correct color is the best way of keeping them looking good. congrats on you win and use the case.

guy

stormshadow1
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
The case was built to safely transport your cues to and from the poolhall. Promptly do so without another thought.:wink:
That is such a awesome case you have to use it!It was made to last forever.Just be careful with it.:D

Rich93
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
One thought - I'm sure Jack didn't put TLC into making your case so it could sit in the closet. It must gladden his heart to see them out and about.

Another thought - If you bought it as a collector's item which you think will one day increase in value, then leave it in the closet. But if you bought it to use, it's a shame not to. Take out the pretty girls too - don't make them sit at home alone while the plain janes have all the fun.;)

I use my Justis.

td873
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey Az'ers,
I was fortunate enough to win a Justis Pro-lite 2x4 in a raffle by Mr. Justis in Vegas. I want to carry it, but I'm a little concerned about damage, hijacking, etc. So, I was just wondering who carries theirs as an everyday case and who uses theirs for primarily for storing cues at home? On the one hand, there's no point in having it, if I don't use it. On the other, it's so nice, I don't want anything to happen to it. Any insight would be appreciated.
If you take it out something will eventually happen to it. Scratches, bumps, bruises, scrapes, etc. But who cares? You have it, so use it. It just a cue case...

As for me, I have been using mine for years. It is no longer in pristine condition, but it still looks fine. It has fulfilled its potential and taken the damage my cues would have. I have no regrets about using it every day.

-td

Klopek
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Cornerman
05-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I do pretty much. At this point in my life, I don't have much reason to not carry my cues in a Justis Case.

Fred

mullyman
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I have a 3x6 pro-lite that I bought about a year or so ago. I've never thought about *NOT* taking it with me other than the times that I just don't feel like carrying such a heavy case around. As for it getting scratched etc... well, for me, I've never admired any cases more than the old beat up leather cases from years past that some of these old guys carry around. The scratches etc... give it character. With that said, I take good care of my things and even though I've been using this case exclusively for more than a year there are hardly any marks on it. I mean c'mon, I go from my front door to my car then from my car to the pool hall. I put my cues together and my case just sits there. How is it really going to get damaged? If I had to take it on a flight and check it through I probably wouldn't.
MULLY

sweatinNbettin
05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I use mine everytime I go to the pool room. I have two of them. Many cues have come and gone but my Justis cases are still there.

poolandpokerman
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I bought a Pro lite about a year ago, carried it for several months, found I spent more time keeping an eye on my case then I did playing pool. I decided to sell it and bought a older case that no one would want. I never took my eye off that case when I was in the pool hall. Tom

mr8ball
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I Carry mine all the time also. I would love to have another one Maybe soon. They are the best out IMO. I keep my eye on mine always but i also like to show it off. I was in Vegas also and took a few chances on his cases. One guy won 2 of them!! I had 30 bucks in the raffle. Man how lucky can you be

JCIN
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I use mine. I like them with some battle scars and character. One of my all time favorites is Thecoats Justis. It is probably 15 years old and the leather is like butter. They are well made tools designed to be used IMO.

mullyman
05-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I've got my name stenciled on the front of mine so it's kind of useless for someone to steal it. Then again, I'm in Japan and those kinds of crimes are far and few between. I swear to God, I get to the pool room and I lean my case up against the counter in front of the register. There are times when I don't shoot pool at all but I'm over in another part of the room playing games or what have you and my case sits there for hours with no one watching it. I honestly have no fear that it will be taken.
MULLY

JoeyA
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Az'ers,

Jack makes very nice cases.
http://immediateeffects.com/youarenotforgotten/
This is my Justis case and Bender cue.

Kid, you will get used to carrying it with you. Just keep an eye on it and bring it wherever you go.

Really. What's the sense in owning something and you are afraid to take it out in public? I wouldn't own something that I would be afraid to take out in public.

Actually, I understand your fears and while your case is extremely special and new to you, you should work on taking it out. The fear of losing it will subside as you start regularly using it.

Besides Jack, likes to make cases for people and doesn't mind making a second or third case for you. :D

Jack Justis: What a guy! :thumbup:

JoeyA

Matt_24
05-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I had a big WHITTEN case that was a literal tank......but I sold it.

If I had a JUSTIS (and maybe someday) I would take it and throw it around like any other case. The more beat up they look, the better!

CocoboloCowboy
05-21-2009, 04:38 AM
I saw quite a few being used to carry cues, in Sin City last week.

IntoTheRail
05-21-2009, 04:39 AM
I say it is meant to be used, and should be. However if you play in bar tournaments, depending on the place, I might not take it to that sort of venue just because people are idiots. But other than that though I wouldnt worry about getting a few dings in it or whatever, gives it character just like having a blue shaft.

Standbykid
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the help you guys. I'm putting my daily players in it tonight.:thumbup:
-Jeremy

macneilb
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the help you guys. I'm putting my daily players in it tonight.:thumbup:
-Jeremy

I don't know if its just me, but the more you use it, the more weathered and broken-in it looks...the better. has to have that 'not abused...but well travelled' look to it ;).

Rich R.
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I never go to the pool room without my cues in a Jack Justis case.
I don't think Jack would have it any other way.

pwd72s
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Joey A? Beautiful equipment...more beautiful because of the sentiment expressed!

TXsouthpaw
05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
jack just started working on mine. and when i get it its going everywhere with me.

plus its got my name laser engraved on it so i dont think anyone will be stealing it.

Jack Justis
05-22-2009, 07:36 AM
jack just started working on mine. and when i get it its going everywhere with me.

plus its got my name laser engraved on it so i dont think anyone will be stealing it.

You should have it today......

JoeyA
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Joey A? Beautiful equipment...more beautiful because of the sentiment expressed!

Thanks!
JoeyA

rayshooter22
05-22-2009, 08:16 AM
I fell victim to that feeling too when I first got my Justis! I wanted to hold it on a peddastle and held my breath whenever I turned a corner cuz I didn't want someone bumping into it and scratching it or what not.

In the end it is still a case. I carry it every pool hall I go to. ITs my daily case and I love it. I wear it with the strap for maximum comfort and its the Nicest case in South Florida hands down. I get compliments for it all the time. Jack does really great work and it would be kinda week to pull a Golumn and pet your "precious" in the dark at home lol.

Take it out and enjoy the fruits of Jack's Labor. You're really lucky that you snagged it in that raffle. Show it off and be thankfull you didnt pay 900 for yours. HAHA.

have fun... :thumbup:

rayshooter22
05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I use mine. I like them with some battle scars and character. One of my all time favorites is Thecoats Justis. It is probably 15 years old and the leather is like butter. They are well made tools designed to be used IMO.

BUMP for an awesome AVATAR!!!> Thats too funny Justin. You guys gonna be in Florida this weekend??

Voodoo Daddy
05-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Hey Az'ers,

I love my pro-lite...had it since 2005. I have brought to the pool room and have traveled some with it but lately its been a storage/closet queen. It means alot to me because of when/why I bought it and whats on it...so I preserve it the best I can. I actually have it in a travel bag in my closet so the other case dont see it and get jealous, :thumbup:

CocoboloCowboy
05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
I've got my name stenciled on the front of mine so it's kind of useless for someone to steal it. Then again, I'm in Japan and those kinds of crimes are far and few between. I swear to God, I get to the pool room and I lean my case up against the counter in front of the register. There are times when I don't shoot pool at all but I'm over in another part of the room playing games or what have you and my case sits there for hours with no one watching it. I honestly have no fear that it will be taken.
MULLY

Japan sound like a wonderful place. Like Singapore. Little Crime, but in Singapore if you do a crime the punishment is very harsh.

TATE
05-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Hey Az'ers,

My daily Justis case has been used for years - it's the 2nd from the left in the photo. I think it was made in 1995.

The great thing is that the smooth leather cases look better as they age. The wear and tear and patina give them a rugged look, as long as they're not abused.

Chris

CocoboloCowboy
05-23-2009, 07:25 AM
I use to use this one daily, now I think it is in Guycrunche's stable.

Sweet Marissa
05-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Justis cases are not only made to be used, but admired, as well. I see pros and players travel all around the world with theirs and they still look great. Congratulations on winning one of the world's best :)