PDA

View Full Version : What is it called? Where can I buy it?

MilwShooter
05-21-2009, 08:41 AM
My Wednesday night partner is in a wheelchair and was telling me about a product he saw on TV, any help?

It was the Strickland Archer match where they teamed up with partners who were in wheelchairs. He said the product looked kinda like a block of wood and it let the cue float freely in it. Anybody have any ideas as to where it's mfg.? A link to the video? anything?

Impact Blue
05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Does it look like what is in this video?

VernonElliots Impossible banks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-vXWEA_TU)

It's a Joe Tucker product, but his website is down.

bfdlad
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Call Ann or Tagen at the Playing Field in Richmond Va. Ask about the gal with 1 arm that plays there. One of them will know who you are talking about. She has one of these things. Also the guy who makes them also goes in there, I am sure they will help.

MilwShooter
05-22-2009, 09:21 AM
No Impact, that's not the one...BFD, I'll pass that along to him. I'm not really wanting to make long distance calls when he has free long distance. lol Thanks for the tip.

Cue Guru
05-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Get me a few photos and I'll make one.:)

MilwShooter
05-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Get me a few photos and I'll make one.:)

If I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about, I'd make it as well.... I'm a carpenter with a back injury which means I sit around all day every day.....I'd LOVE to build it for him but I only have a general description from him.

Something like an upside down T with a piece of plastic on top or something. He's not always the best at describing things and he can barely hold a pencil let alone make a solid sketch. Thanks for the offer though.

Cue Guru
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM
No problem!

I hope the back feels better soon...

nick55
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
i have the show on my DVR but i dont what it is called. i know thats no help just wanted you to know he isnt crazy or making it up, i saw it too and was pretty impressed by the little device.

Jerry Forsyth
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
A lot of the guys who play in the wheelchair association events have those. Write Jeff Donezal through the website at www.nwpainc.org and I am sure he can help you. If anyone has a contact for Aaron Aragon I imagine he can help as well. I remember that it is one of the wheelchair players who makes those and I know that either Jeff or Aaron can get you one.

MitchAlsup
05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Something like an upside down T with a piece of plastic on top or something.

It is about 3.5"-4" long and 2"-2.5" wide shaped like a T about 3/4" thick. At the ends of each 'leg' on the bottom are soft rubber feet to avoid movement when placed on the cloth. Near the front there are two little (what I believe to be) teflon runners used to center the cue on the device--beveled to fit the cue longitudinally, and sized vertically to allow control of english (Forward/Draw). At the balance point of the device is a loop/hoop so the player can place the device on the end of the cue and then use the cue to place the device where he wants the bridge to be.

Cue Guru
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a very clever device.

Good job to whomever designed it!:thumbup:

MilwShooter
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
It is about 3.5"-4" long and 2"-2.5" wide shaped like a T about 3/4" thick. At the ends of each 'leg' on the bottom are soft rubber feet to avoid movement when placed on the cloth. Near the front there are two little (what I believe to be) teflon runners used to center the cue on the device--beveled to fit the cue longitudinally, and sized vertically to allow control of english (Forward/Draw). At the balance point of the device is a loop/hoop so the player can place the device on the end of the cue and then use the cue to place the device where he wants the bridge to be.

That is SUPER helpful...thanks a ton! Rep to you!

Ballbreaker
05-22-2009, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine on my pool team had a stroke, and has invented a bridge that holds the cue and you can pick it up after the shot with your cue in one smooth stroke, it has 2 heights, its works great, He had it mass produced and I sell it in my poolroom, the website for his product is www.handibridge.com, his number is 561-202-7392, his name is Gene, tell him Robert from Atlantic Billiards sent ya and he will hook you up, they sell for $24.99, let me now how things work out.

resurrecta
08-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry to open up an old thread, but I was looking for this tool. And when I found it, I didn't find any info about whether or not it's accepted in league play or wpa accepted...
Does anyone know?