PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me the differences

paksat
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I've been looking around doing research and i've noticed some things.

First, it seems like most production sticks whether it's players/lucasi/predator all are made with similar material.

Most of the shafts are hard rock maple from what i've seen.

The butts are the same thing.

I'm wondering, what really sets a players and a lucasi apart if they are made with similar materials? Is it the way they are put together?

MilwShooter
05-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Exactly.

How long the wood is "cured" or "turned", WHERE they get it from, how many knots are in it, etc.

There are a LOT of little differences in the way they are made as well. I think someone posted about this a few weeks (months?) back. I'm not sure when because all my days kind of meld together on this forum. lol

RRfireblade
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I've been looking around doing research and i've noticed some things.

First, it seems like most production sticks whether it's players/lucasi/predator all are made with similar material.

Most of the shafts are hard rock maple from what i've seen.

The butts are the same thing.

I'm wondering, what really sets a players and a lucasi apart if they are made with similar materials? Is it the way they are put together?

Honestly of the cues you've listed , I'd put them all in just about the same catagory. So no , there's really not much of a difference. Lucasi has models with higher retails due to design and Pred can go a bit above Lucasi for the same. Other than the Pred laminated models and the models Pred commisions out to be biult , they're very similar overall.