PDA

View Full Version : 5 WEEKS in customs!

Gerry
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
SO, I finally have my Coker cue in hand that was shipped from Austria almost 6 weeks ago. I was seriously sweating this one, but kept my cool with the shipper.

I wanted to put pics of this cue up here to see if anyone knows the original owner? I'd like to know if it was a custom or a build to sell cue. Any info would be great.

BTW...anyone dealing with Milos from Austria is in good hands....he was great thru the whole ordeal.

This cue is is a Cocobolo into Tulip wood reverse splice, with natural and black veneers....3 shafts...stack leather wrap....very good condition.

thnx G.

nathandumoulin
05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
It's a beautiful cue.

Why was it held up for 5 weeks though?

Also, props for keeping your cool. :thumbup:

Gerry
05-22-2009, 05:30 PM
It's a beautiful cue.

Why was it held up for 5 weeks though?

Also, props for keeping your cool. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what the deal was with the hold up? Actually customs was quick to get it thru, BUT.....it took 5 weeks to deliver AFTER they said it passed customs? I dunno?....I'm just glad its here :thumbup:

robertno1pool
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Who was the shipping /delivery service used?

nathandumoulin
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
The mail man must have taken a liking to your cue. Decided to run 34889127 racks with it before he dropped it off at your place. :p

Thunder Thighs
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
The cause was probably the USPS system. I've heard about these extended delays several times already. I use FedEx or UPS to ship cues to and from the U.S. and Canada. 4-7 days max. door to door. Yes it's a pain in the pocket, but it has worked for me. Glad to hear that you got your cue, thumbs up for the seller too... :thumbup:

TX Poolnut
05-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Nice looking cue!

Gerry
05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
The cause was probably the USPS system. I've heard about these extended delays several times already. I use FedEx or UPS to ship cues to and from the U.S. and Canada. 4-7 days max. door to door. Yes it's a pain in the pocket, but it has worked for me. Glad to hear that you got your cue, thumbs up for the seller too... :thumbup:

USPS was the shipper both ways....well my package got to his place in 7 days...and doing a trade with a fellow AZ'r in Austria was a leap of faith....I actually felt good about the deal after a few E-mails and never got the feeling of a screw job, BUT....as my wife said...you have a TON of faith in your fellow AZ'rs!

which is a good thing IMO! :)

theopiateden
05-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Glad to see you got you cue, and judging by the pictures, it was well worth the wait!!!!! Beautiful cue if i do say so myself.

tom mcgonagle
05-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Nothing surprises me today. Anything shipped with metal in it is probably being looked at closely. I sent a book across country. I made the mistake of putting a few coins in the package. It took three weeks to get there and was damaged. 911 affects everything we do.

alstl
05-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice looking Coker. I like their ring work and from my limited experience they play good too.