PDA

View Full Version : My new Carolina Cue

gunzby
05-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Been meaning to upload these pictures to show everyone this great cue, but I've been pretty busy with work and chores and not much time to play with it, let alone take pictures.

First off I love the design. It turned out even better than I thought it would. This is my first custom cue, so I didn't want to buy it second-hand to save money and I wanted it to be exactly what I wanted. Believe it or not this is as fancy of a cue as I will ever want made for me.

The hit on it is great. I got used to and began to love my other cue's soft hit, so the hit of this one was on my mind. It is a soft hit, but it has a distinct crispness to the hit which makes me like it even more. Their shafts have an excellent feel to them. The taper they use feels great in my hands and is pretty similar to a 314-2 shaft.

I gotta give it up to Trevor, Matt and the rest of the guys (sorry rest of the guys as I don't know your names) as they have great customer service, make a great product and do it at a great price.

I have no doubts that if I ever decide to get another player I will be going back to them. Here's the pics....sorry that they aren't of the best quality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Gunzby/P1000820.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Gunzby/P1000821.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Gunzby/P1000819.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Gunzby/P1000841.jpg

pwd72s
05-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Very nice...thanks for sharing. I especially liked your description on how well it hits. Beautiful MOP inlays...:)

gunzby
05-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Very nice...thanks for sharing. I especially liked your description on how well it hits. Beautiful MOP inlays...:)

Thank you. I like the look of MOP inlays much more than ivory. I prefer old school design over any other designs. It really made me happy to have a cue that I designed top to bottom. What really kicked it off was the CC logo on the butt. This is because my initials are also CC which makes it a little cooler.

pwd72s
05-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah...I almost ran to the closet, to make sure some inlays weren't missing from my old Palmer. :wink:

gunzby
05-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah...I almost ran to the closet, to make sure some inlays weren't missing from my old Palmer. :wink:

I've thought of picking up a few Palmer's as I've seen quite a few of em on the market.

I have a Lomax J/B coming to me in a coupla months that I'll be posting pictures of as well. I can't wait to see this cue. I had Steve make it a quilted maple wrapless j/b with chocolate phenolic and nickel rings. I just love the look of quilted maple. Believe it or not Eddie Wheat made the best looking quilted maple cue I have ever seen.

DennyS
05-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Very nice looking cue gunzby!

tigerseye
05-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Nice cue... That carpet has some phsycodelic features also...=)
Byt the way....what's lil tony up to these days?

Richardson
05-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Very nice looking, this will probably get moved to the cue gallery.

CocoboloCowboy
05-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Yummy!:grin:

pooldawg8
05-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Very nice looking cue sir. Is that Madagascar Ebony? Whatever it is it looks great.
Love those veneer colors. Congrats to ya sir.
Jeff

cycopath
05-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Super nice cue, gunzby. I really like the old school look. What is the joint pin size?

gunzby
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice cue... That carpet has some phsycodelic features also...=)
Byt the way....what's lil tony up to these days?

LoL that was a bath towel. From what I heard in a short sense Lil Tony got in a lil trouble, got put on house arrest, got married, moved to SC since they didn't have house arrest and apparently is playing again since he was at the Smokey Mtn Shootout.

gunzby
05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Very nice looking cue sir. Is that Madagascar Ebony? Whatever it is it looks great.
Love those veneer colors. Congrats to ya sir.
Jeff

Ya know what....I don't know what kind of ebony they used :o

I really like the veneer colors as well. The pictures don't really do em justice.

gunzby
05-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Super nice cue, gunzby. I really like the old school look. What is the joint pin size?

I had a radial pin put in it as I've gotten pretty fond of that pin.