PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylavania pool rooms or halls ?

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 07:22 AM
HEY THERE PEOPLE FROM AZ LAND IM FROM PENNSYLVANIA AND I AM WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT AND GIVE ME SOME INFO ON SOME NICE PLACES TO PLAY POOL IN OR AROUND THE PENNSYVANIS AREA. AS ALOT OF POOL ROOMS AND HALLS HAVE SINCE CLOSED. IM NOT INTERESTED IN SMALL PLACES BUT ANY DECENT PLACES YOU THINK ARE GOOD PLACES TO TRAVEL TO AND PLAY LET ME KNOW . GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH , THANKS IN ADVANCE ,<< :thumbup:

dukeboy1977
05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
HEY THERE PEOPLE FROM AZ LAND IM FROM PENNSYLVANIA AND I AM WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT AND GIVE ME SOME INFO ON SOME NICE PLACES TO PLAY POOL IN OR AROUND THE PENNSYVANIS AREA. AS ALOT OF POOL ROOMS AND HALLS HAVE SINCE CLOSED. IM NOT INTERESTED IN SMALL PLACES BUT ANY DECENT PLACES YOU THINK ARE GOOD PLACES TO TRAVEL TO AND PLAY LET ME KNOW . GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH , THANKS IN ADVANCE ,<< :thumbup:

I guess my answer depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for a nice place to come play, or a nice place to come gamble? If you're looking to gamble, how much are we talking here? I can always get you a "game" with somebody, maybe even myself, but if you're looking to "bet it up" I may be able to get you that also. We have a couple of players in my area that would be happy to play you for decent amounts depending on the night you come. Just let me know what it is you're looking for, and who you are, and I'll see what I can get set up cuz I'd love to see some real action in this area! Jeff

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 07:49 AM
I just like to play, and gamble some ,there is just really not alot around anymore .

dukeboy1977
05-24-2009, 08:01 AM
I just like to play, and gamble some ,there is just really not alot around anymore .

I hear ya'!! Alot of players don't play anymore much cuz nobody is ever around to play, in my area anyways. There is always someone who can get ahold of someone to play though, no worries there! We have players of many levels so it depends on what your "speed" is really. Hell, I don't play much at all but even I could be interested in a game as long as it's not much money. I could do more if I had a backer, but I'm sure you know how that goes. Come on up, I'll get you into something!

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey thanks alot jeff, if we get around to that area i will be sure to get a hold of ya , probably about 4 to 5 hour drive to your area from mine , i will see what my buddies are into , il get back to ya if we do thanks ,

fish on
05-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Drexeline first class place has it all owned by a pro and set up by him!
see website :thumbup:or search AZ for feedback!

9balllvr
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM

ditto!
:thumbup:

topcat1953
05-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Most or all of the rooms have closed in the lower in the lower Susquehanna Valley over the last five or six years. The only places to play locally are clubs, such as the Yankee, or you'll have to hit the road. You can probably google directions or better info, but here are a few with good to very good equipment and conditions.

Drexeline Billiard Club, Drexel Hill outside of Philly.
American Billiards, Quakertown.
D & D family Billiards, Downingtown, 14.1 action.
Gallery Billiards, Allentown, 30+ tables.
Buzzy's, Allentown, good action and Gold Crown IV's.
Cosmos', Scranton, Good action.
Mully's, Johnstown.

There is a little place in Ashland where they play a lot 14.1.
Also, another small place in Shamokin worth a visit.
Club Med, in Harrisburg, not too hot.

Hazelton or Wilkes Barre has a decent room.

Good Luck with your hunt.

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Yea thats what i meant i lived around here all my life , and everywhere closed up except for the club and i dropped my membership when i got sick a couple years ago , might have to check out drexline , if a couple buddies are interested in a day trip , just like to play, if ya know what i mean, tired of the same seen , thanks

Bigtruck
05-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Yea thats what i meant i lived around here all my life , and everywhere closed up except for the club and i dropped my membership when i got sick a couple years ago , might have to check out drexline , if a couple buddies are interested in a day trip , just like to play, if ya know what i mean, tired of the same seen , thanks

How bout' Marcus' room over in East Stroudsburg? Tight Pocket Billiards.

He is FAST N LOOSE, here on the forum.

Ray

asmith74
05-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Diablo Billiards in Lancaster it's that bad. They have the nap felt, kind of a bummer. I mainly shoot at the American Legion in Dallastown. Nice tables, cheap beer and cool people.

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Yea i used to play at diablo billiards a few years ago but heard they are out of buisness,

timseal
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Great place, they have handicap tournaments every Tuesday, and scratch tournaments last Thursday of the month. There are some good players there, too.

-tka

maldito
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Most or all of the rooms have closed in the lower in the lower Susquehanna Valley over the last five or six years. The only places to play locally are clubs, such as the Yankee, or you'll have to hit the road. You can probably google directions or better info, but here are a few with good to very good equipment and conditions.

D & D family Billiards, Downingtown, 14.1 action.
Gallery Billiards, Allentown, 30+ tables.
Mully's, Johnstown.

Gallery Billiards Allentown(40 tables) closed recently.

Gallery Billiards Easton just opened (same management) smaller rm - 18 tables but a nice new modern looking place . Have a weekly tournament but would not call it an action rm perhaps at nite there may be some action.

Jordan Lanes - Allentown - Bowling Alley but has rm with 10 Brunswick tables - cheapest rate going $2.00 / hr per person 9am- 5pm- tables are not kept up to date with cloth etc - there may be action at night don't know for sure.

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 04:53 PM
That figures we were just talking today about going up to gallery this comeing weekend and now this , well i would have called first, but thanks for letting me know i really am not into driving hours anyway an hour away from york, pa . I will or a little farther but not much more , thanks alot ,

ARROWCRUSHER
05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Bump for any other info .

Scott Lee
05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Mickey had to move D & D. It's now in Thornton, PA, just a few miles away from the old location.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

D & D family Billiards, Downingtown, 14.1 action.Gallery Billiards, Allentown, 30+ tables.
Mully's, Johnstown.

highrun55
05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Mickey had to move D & D. It's now in Thornton, PA, just a few miles away from the old location.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott, thanks for the plug but I must mention that In am in Thorndale Pa.

thanks, no wonder you haven`t been here yet, LOL LOL

Mickey