PDA

View Full Version : Antique Brunswick #2

SGTLARSEN
05-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Hello to all,
I would like to thank everyone for the help on my last post
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141100&highlight=antique
sorry for all the questions, but I have a few more.
Question 1The base that the slate rest on (frame) should the joints be glued together? (See picture)
Question2
I am thinking of putting Simonis 860 or 860 HR in tournament Blue. I will be playing a mix of 9 and 8 Ball. This will be the table my children will learn on. It should get a lot of use. The table is an oversized 8’
I have been looking on ebay and I can get it for around $225
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase this from?
How much does it cost to have a table leveled and clothe installed?
Anyone in the Denver area? I will be moving to FT Carson next month.
Question 3Pocket irons and leather. What is a reasonable price to have the leather and pockets re-done?
Ken classicbilliards said around $350 is this a good price?
Can I do these myself? http://www.poolndarts.com/94-American-Made-Iron-Leathers/
Do you have to be a person that does leather worker?
Any suggestions on what color to go with if the cloth is in tourny blue?
I need a corner pocket Iron for the table? It broke where the bolt goes through it? Should I get it welded or buy a new pocket?
Question 4 Is there anywhere I can get Brass, copper or chrome rail bolts ¼ 20
Ken has these (See Picture), I cannot spend $276 on 6 bolts.
Round head (brass) bolt for some Brunswick model Carom Plugs
Any suggestions on what I could use?
They are great looking bolts.
Question 5
K55 is the rail cushions I need? What brand should I buy or stay away from? When I order them I just tell them I have an oversized 8’ table?
How much should it cost to have them installed?
That’s it for now
Again thanks everyone for your help.

scruffy1
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Sent you a p.m.

realkingcobra
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I would suggest starting this thread in the mechanic's section, you'll get answers to your questions faster there:D

Glen

n10spool
05-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I would do like Glen suggested move this thread to the mechanics section. then we all could help you out better. If you look closer in the mueller catalog you can use other bolts drill a 8/32 hole andthread a cover onto the screws this would be cheaper and still keep the original design work of brunswick some covers a nice looking others are okay but dent easy. I own 7 + antique tables none take that screw your looking for.

www.blattbilliards.com or rebco bob betts might help you out I know bob does leather pockets.

Craig

SGTLARSEN
05-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I posted in the Mechanic section. How do I delete this one?

Thanks for everyones help.