PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn the TRICKS that the PROS know?

JimS
06-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Want to learn how to make the cue ball dance PRECISELY? Want to learn the tricks the pros know? Little Joe Villalpando is a pro. He has spent 55 years playing pool and for many of those years he was on the road. He made a living doing it. He took down pro tournaments and beat many of them out of money gambling on pool! He'd still be doing it if he hadn't developed a physical problem that made him stop.

He knows all the pros 'tricks' and he want to pass them on to us. If you've read Cornbread Red's story and dreamed of having a pro come to town and teach you the tricks of the game then you know what I'm saying here. You can have that experience by taking lessons from Little Joe, or if that's not feasible, then by doing the next best thing by getting his DVD's.

My recent lessons with Little Joe have really re-inspired me to bear down and practice in a more regimented fashion. He's so full of passion, energy and love for the game, as well as a love for people and a love for teaching the game, that after being around him I always feel re-energized and feel a resurgance of the drive to improve.

If you live anywhere close to Little Joe Villalpando and want to have your love for pool re-energized you owe it to yourself to take some lessons from Joe. I honestly believe he knows most everything there is to know about the game and he WANTS to pass it on! The guy just loves to tell it and he thrives on seeing others "get it" when he shows them some tricks of the pros.

Little Joe has spent years developing very precise methods of teaching the precise movements needed to play at high levels of expertise... to play like the pros play. He approaches the game like a machinist... a tool and dye maker.. a cue maker, a gunsmith.. an artisian who sees his subject as precision work and takes meticulous actions to cause/create a desired effect. He sees the movement of the cue stick, and the cue ball, as art in action, and the best part is that he honestly WANTS to pass on the 'tricks' that the pros know.. just as if he was a traveling pro who came to your town and took you under his wing showing you the 'tricks' that the pros know. That's EXACTLY... PRECISELY, what happens in lessons with Little Joe!.

Little Joe has a method of teaching THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE GAME, that being cue ball control, in an easily understandable way and in a manner which will guide the player to absolutely precise, PERFECT cue ball control.

You don't just hit the cb with low left english.. or just follow... or just a little draw. No generalities in Joes pool teachings! It's about PRECISION. You learn a precise way of thinking about how to strike the cue ball in order to achieve your precise cue ball placement thoughts, and then you can communicate those precise thoughts to the cue-stick moving muscles in your body.

Want to learn two and three kicks that will enable you to hit most any ball on the table? I learned how to and I can do it!! If I can do it (even in my 'gezzerness' and with teflon on my brain.. so very little sticks) then I'll guaran-dam-tee that you 'kids' can do it.

Jay said it.. "Little Joe Villalpando is the real deal".

If the student will open their mind and be willing to put in some hours of work Joe's methods of teaching the game will enable them to move into the upper echelons of pool playing.

I know I sound like a shill for Joe but he really is a very inspiring guy and his energy comes bursting forth like an undammed river when he gets a chance to teach what he knows and I just want to make sure that all of you know what a treasure we have in our midst. The pool knowledge just flows from Joe's pool i.q. He really KNOWS pool. Little Joe is the real deal.

Call him for lessons and/or get his DVD's. Your love/passion for the game will be all-encompassing as Joe's knowledge and love for the game infect you. :thumbup

kaznj
06-19-2009, 06:31 AM
I have heard much about Joe on this forum. I have his dvd's. They are excellent. Where does Joe live?

Donny
06-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I have heard much about Joe on this forum. I have his dvd's. They are excellent. Where does Joe live?

I believe little Joe lives in Iowa.

ShootingArts
06-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Jim,

You said it very well. There isn't any one thing about Joe that someone else can't equal but when you sum up everything that is Joe, his love of the game, love of people, his knowledge, and most importantly of all his ability to quantify and define his knowledge and convey it on to someone else with a minimum of effort on their part, I think Joe is unsurpassed. Not that effort isn't required to learn what Joe teaches but it is very focused effort with very little wasted time or motion.

It takes most people half a lifetime or longer to learn what Joe lays on the table for the taking. If a beginner can stroke straight and hit the ball where he wants to I don't think there is a single other thing that will advance their skills as fast as Joe's DVD's or lessons from Joe. Joe is smart and as poolwise as anyone I have ever met. He gives it all without holding any "secrets" back like so many seem to want to do.

I am a friend of Joe's no question but he earned that friendship by being who and what he is. I have been counting the months for awhile waiting on his new DVD!

Hu

Want to learn how to make the cue ball dance PRECISELY? Want to learn the tricks the pros know? Little Joe Villalpando is a pro. He has spent 55 years playing pool and for many of those years he was on the road. He made a living doing it. He took down pro tournaments and beat many of them out of money gambling on pool! He'd still be doing it if he hadn't developed a physical problem that made him stop.

He knows all the pros 'tricks' and he want to pass them on to us. If you've read Cornbread Red's story and dreamed of having a pro come to town and teach you the tricks of the game then you know what I'm saying here. You can have that experience by taking lessons from Little Joe, or if that's not feasible, then by doing the next best thing by getting his DVD's.

My recent lessons with Little Joe have really re-inspired me to bear down and practice in a more regimented fashion. He's so full of passion, energy and love for the game, as well as a love for people and a love for teaching the game, that after being around him I always feel re-energized and feel a resurgance of the drive to improve.

If you live anywhere close to Little Joe Villalpando and want to have your love for pool re-energized you owe it to yourself to take some lessons from Joe. I honestly believe he knows most everything there is to know about the game and he WANTS to pass it on! The guy just loves to tell it and he thrives on seeing others "get it" when he shows them some tricks of the pros.

Little Joe has spent years developing very precise methods of teaching the precise movements needed to play at high levels of expertise... to play like the pros play. He approaches the game like a machinist... a tool and dye maker.. a cue maker, a gunsmith.. an artisian who sees his subject as precision work and takes meticulous actions to cause/create a desired effect. He sees the movement of the cue stick, and the cue ball, as art in action, and the best part is that he honestly WANTS to pass on the 'tricks' that the pros know.. just as if he was a traveling pro who came to your town and took you under his wing showing you the 'tricks' that the pros know. That's EXACTLY... PRECISELY, what happens in lessons with Little Joe!.

Little Joe has a method of teaching THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE GAME, that being cue ball control, in an easily understandable way and in a manner which will guide the player to absolutely precise, PERFECT cue ball control.

You don't just hit the cb with low left english.. or just follow... or just a little draw. No generalities in Joes pool teachings! It's about PRECISION. You learn a precise way of thinking about how to strike the cue ball in order to achieve your precise cue ball placement thoughts, and then you can communicate those precise thoughts to the cue-stick moving muscles in your body.

Want to learn two and three kicks that will enable you to hit most any ball on the table? I learned how to and I can do it!! If I can do it (even in my 'gezzerness' and with teflon on my brain.. so very little sticks) then I'll guaran-dam-tee that you 'kids' can do it.

Jay said it.. "Little Joe Villalpando is the real deal".

If the student will open their mind and be willing to put in some hours of work Joe's methods of teaching the game will enable them to move into the upper echelons of pool playing.

I know I sound like a shill for Joe but he really is a very inspiring guy and his energy comes bursting forth like an undammed river when he gets a chance to teach what he knows and I just want to make sure that all of you know what a treasure we have in our midst. The pool knowledge just flows from Joe's pool i.q. He really KNOWS pool. Little Joe is the real deal.

Call him for lessons and/or get his DVD's. Your love/passion for the game will be all-encompassing as Joe's knowledge and love for the game infect you. :thumbup

JimS
06-20-2009, 03:10 AM
I believe little Joe lives in Iowa.

Joe lives in Davenport Ia. His DVD's are available at www.pooliq.net

JimS
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Jim,

You said it very well. There isn't any one thing about Joe that someone else can't equal but when you sum up everything that is Joe, his love of the game, love of people, his knowledge, and most importantly of all his ability to quantify and define his knowledge and convey it on to someone else with a minimum of effort on their part, I think Joe is unsurpassed. Not that effort isn't required to learn what Joe teaches but it is very focused effort with very little wasted time or motion.

It takes most people half a lifetime or longer to learn what Joe lays on the table for the taking. If a beginner can stroke straight and hit the ball where he wants to I don't think there is a single other thing that will advance their skills as fast as Joe's DVD's or lessons from Joe. Joe is smart and as poolwise as anyone I have ever met. He gives it all without holding any "secrets" back like so many seem to want to do.

I am a friend of Joe's no question but he earned that friendship by being who and what he is. I have been counting the months for awhile waiting on his new DVD!

Hu

We ate lunch after my most recent lesson and we had some time to just sit and visit. I'll just say that Joe has some stories to tell :groucho:

This cat has been around the block, through the alley, out the other side and turned around for some more of that alley action! Lots of doorways to possible fun off them alleys. :). But ya got's to cover your ass ... that's for sure... and he knows somebody in every alley. :D

chin0
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
These DVD's are great, I would also recommend them to a lot of people! Thanks for the recognition for Lil' Joe JimS

JAW725
06-20-2009, 08:26 PM

Hu[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Could you give me any ideas at all on what the subject matter could be?

TheBook
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I bought his DVD's. Watched them and thought I already know this and thought I spent money on another promise consisting of nothing new. After watching them a second time I realized how he made something so complex look so simple and how much "hidden" info there was.

Practicing his methods has improved my CB position and control.

The DVD's are professionally done and high quality. Joe found a way to explain the way a CB behaves and makes it easy to learn.

Well worth the money. Will be one of the first to buy his next DVD.

JimS
06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
I bought his DVD's. Watched them and thought I already know this and thought I spent money on another promise consisting of nothing new. After watching them a second time I realized how he made something so complex look so simple and how much "hidden" info there was.

Practicing his methods has improved my CB position and control.

The DVD's are professionally done and high quality. Joe found a way to explain the way a CB behaves and makes it easy to learn.

Well worth the money. Will be one of the first to buy his next DVD.

It's cool to have a language to descripe exactly how much low left or high right, or whatever.. he put on that shot.

As Joe and I were involved in the last lesson I overheard two guys on the next table talking about a shot and describing it as 7/2. The best thing was that I immediately knew what shot they were describing. EXACTLY what shot they were describing.

JoeyA
06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Joe is not only the things all of you have said but few know that he has always been quite the ladies man. The women and I mean, young attractive women have always been drawn to him. Joe can also play a little cards. Ooops. Sorry Joe.

Joe and I used to travel to a lot of local tournaments and he taught me how to compete and is as tenacious as they come.

It's great to see Joe coming out with a new DVD.

I'm sure the pros are going to be taking up a collection to knock Joe off for telling these secrets that they have harbored for a lifetime. :p But seriously, I bet there are some who are quite pissed with him. LOL

I know one Reid Pierce who still remembers the sting from LIttle Joe Villalpondo. I believe that Joe may be related to Bill Braskey. :cool:

Yeah, Joe is all of the things that everyone says he is. He is one of the most personable people in pool. It is nice to see that he has made friends from around the world.

Glad to call Little Joe, my friend.

JoeyA

JimS
06-22-2009, 07:35 PM

Hu

Hello,

Could you give me any ideas at all on what the subject matter could be?[/QUOTE]

Joe's DVD's teach kicking methods that are precise and easy to learn. You'll know how to get a legal hit on your ball almost every time and it won't be guess work. You'll have a precise system that is easy to remember and you'll most always get your hit.

Then there is the cue ball control methods that show you a precise method of calculating how much draw, follow or english you should use to get the cb precisely where you want it. You won't be guessing. After you learn the system you'll have a method whereby you can calculate, not guess, where the cb will end up.

ShootingArts
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Hello,

Could you give me any ideas at all on what the subject matter could be?

My apologies, I hoped to give you solid information when I posted but Joe and I have been playing phone tag for days, neither of us can catch the other one! Joe is off tomorrow I believe but I will be on the road myself much of the day.

Joe and I talked about his new DVD months ago and I think a part of it concerns cue ball travel at angles that weren't covered in earlier DVD's. This information is just what I think I remember and from before shooting ever started on this DVD so I hesitate to say that this is accurate or that this is the main focus of the DVD. This may be good info, the DVD may have changed direction, or I could be misrecalling information that I didn't make any real effort to remember at the time. Based on my satisfaction with the first two DVD's I am buying anything Joe puts out regardless so I didn't make any notes as to what this one would cover.

If and when I talk to Joe I will add to this information. Sorry it took so long to post this little bit but Joe and I usually catch up with each other in less than a day and I thought I would be giving you confirmed information before now.

Hu

JAW725
06-22-2009, 11:49 PM
My apologies, I hoped to give you solid information when I posted but Joe and I have been playing phone tag for days, neither of us can catch the other one! Joe is off tomorrow I believe but I will be on the road myself much of the day.

Joe and I talked about his new DVD months ago and I think a part of it concerns cue ball travel at angles that weren't covered in earlier DVD's. This information is just what I think I remember and from before shooting ever started on this DVD so I hesitate to say that this is accurate or that this is the main focus of the DVD. This may be good info, the DVD may have changed direction, or I could be misrecalling information that I didn't make any real effort to remember at the time. Based on my satisfaction with the first two DVD's I am buying anything Joe puts out regardless so I didn't make any notes as to what this one would cover.

If and when I talk to Joe I will add to this information. Sorry it took so long to post this little bit but Joe and I usually catch up with each other in less than a day and I thought I would be giving you confirmed information before now.

Hu

Thanks. I'll be ordering Joe's first two in the next day or so.

ShootingArts
06-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks. I'll be ordering Joe's first two in the next day or so.

I talked to Joe a couple days ago. The third DVD will address some angles not addressed in the earlier DVD's. He will talk some about "aiming", from my conversation with him I think this will get into alignment also so no telling how wide ranging this will be. He also is going to show how to make some interesting shots. They come up pretty regularly and many people go about them wrong. Hard to have a good feel for a DVD from just talking on the phone but it does sound like it will be another good one.

Hu

JimS
06-25-2009, 10:29 AM
I talked to Joe a couple days ago. The third DVD will address some angles not addressed in the earlier DVD's. He will talk some about "aiming", from my conversation with him I think this will get into alignment also so no telling how wide ranging this will be. He also is going to show how to make some interesting shots. They come up pretty regularly and many people go about them wrong. Hard to have a good feel for a DVD from just talking on the phone but it does sound like it will be another good one.

Hu

I took a lesson last week and the week before anf Joe showed me some stuff that will nbe on the next DVD. It was from those expamples that I derived the title of this thread.. Secrets Of The Pros. ;)

BrandyE
06-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Think Jim's review sounds too good to be true? THINK AGAIN! I have now taken 3 lessons from Joe, and watched his Pool IQ DVDs, and I can't even believe the amount of new knowledge that I am now able to apply in my game. Now that the guesswork has been taken out, I am playing with more confidence and precision than ever before.
The Pool IQ DVDs are just fantastic. Joe introduces new concepts one at a time, and breaks them down to be very easy to understand and apply. As concepts are described you see them applied in a series of shots, and are provided with a graphic that shows exactly where the cue ball is being hit for each shot. These concepts have been absolutely revolutionary for me, have rejuvenated my drive to play well and love for the game.
I just can't say enough about what a great personal instructor and coach Joe is as well. He definitely helps reinforce the concepts brought forth in the DVDs as I am working on them. He also brings alot of insight into the small (and large) technical flaws I have in my own game. He has a divine ability to diagnose personal issues with stroke, stance, grip, bridging and other nuances of the game that you are not going to get from any dvd or book. And his tableside manner is always gentle and professional - which is good for big egos like mine! LOL!
As I know Joe reads these, I would just like to say thank you. I had felt like I was stuck on a plateau in my game, and was applying all the knowledge I had the best way I could. My game was good, and I was playing even in leagues and matches with friends. But I knew that I was ready to level up, and didn't have the knowledge I needed to do that. You have taught me so much in this short time. Now I feel really inspired to work on my execution of these new concepts, and my friends are finding themselves racking more often. You have really helped me grow as a player, and as a person. So thanks again Joe!
Brandy E