PDA

View Full Version : Thanks sjm!

"T"
06-21-2009, 10:22 AM
It wasn't part of the plan, but I drive over to Michigan City last night alone.

First, the room they were holding the tournament in was much bigger and better than last years room. Very very nice setup.

I scan the venue for some familiar faces and the first one I recognize is sjm. About 30 seconds into our greeting, Jennifer Baretta walks up to sjm to say hello and the first thing sjm did was to introduce me to her.

That was pretty much the theme of the evening!

Except when Sunnyday walked up. That was a re-introduction I could handle on my own. :D

Got a chance to say hi and meet a LOT of new people last night thanks to sjm.

One thing is for sure, if the WPBA had a slogan like the PGA's, "These guys are good!", the WPBA's would be, "These girls can party!" Not only are they professionals at the pool table, but this is a professional bunch afterwards as well! :D

I have to work today or I'd go back. It was really a lot of fun!

Thanks again sjm for being such a great host and thanks to all the nice folks out there. :D

JoeyA
06-21-2009, 12:26 PM
It wasn't part of the plan, but I drive over to Michigan City last night alone.

First, the room they were holding the tournament in was much bigger and better than last years room. Very very nice setup.

I scan the venue for some familiar faces and the first one I recognize is sjm. About 30 seconds into our greeting, Jennifer Baretta walks up to sjm to say hello and the first thing sjm did was to introduce me to her.

That was pretty much the theme of the evening!

Except when Sunnyday walked up. That was a re-introduction I could handle on my own. :D

Got a chance to say hi and meet a LOT of new people last night thanks to sjm.

One thing is for sure, if the WPBA had a slogan like the PGA's, "These guys are good!", the WPBA's would be, "These girls can party!" Not only are they professionals at the pool table, but this is a professional bunch afterwards as well! :D

I have to work today or I'd go back. It was really a lot of fun!

Thanks again sjm for being such a great host and thanks to all the nice folks out there. :D

SJM, SJM, SJM! That's all I ever read about on this forum.

What's up with all this SJM stuff?

The ladies love him. The guys want to hang around with him. He writes as well as an sports writer around. He speaks like he was trained by Dale Carnegie with a British accent. He loves pool. He attends some of the most prestigious tournaments anywhere. The American players like him. The European players have him on a first name basis. The Asian players could hang out with him all day and all night. He's on the board of directors of the WPBA. He gives serious pool lessons and plays a mean stick himself. His pool reports from tournament matches are second to none. Is it really that easy for him?

Et tu, Tal? Go figure!

JoeyA

"T"
06-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Et tu, Tal? Go figure!

JoeyA

Have we met? :confused::D

rayjay
06-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I've come to appreciate and greatly respect SJM on this board, and would love to meet him one day, but I wouldn't recognize him and don't know who he is! Someday...
:p

Roy Steffensen
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
SJM, SJM, SJM! That's all I ever read about on this forum.

What's up with all this SJM stuff?

The ladies love him. The guys want to hang around with him. He writes as well as an sports writer around. He speaks like he was trained by Dale Carnegie with a British accent. He loves pool. He attends some of the most prestigious tournaments anywhere. The American players like him. The European players have him on a first name basis. The Asian players could hang out with him all day and all night. He's on the board of directors of the WPBA. He gives serious pool lessons and plays a mean stick himself. His pool reports from tournament matches are second to none. Is it really that easy for him?

Et tu, Tal? Go figure!

JoeyA

Lol

or tap tap tap :D

It bothers me that he can do everything better than me! argh... :p

"T"
06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
I've come to appreciate and greatly respect SJM on this board, and would love to meet him one day, but I wouldn't recognize him and don't know who he is! Someday...
:p

Here's a pic of him.

JoeyA
06-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Here's a pic of him.

Good one! Sending you some rep for that one.
JoeyA

jay helfert
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
For those of you who haven't met SJM, he is tall, dark and handsome, with a physique to die for. He has a wonderful stroke and runs hundreds at will. He may be the best "uinknown" player alive. You won't see Chris Bartram barking at him. And Earl steers a wide path around him. He has taught many of the top WPBA pros since they were school girls. He is also independantly wealthy, getting rich in the stock market before age 30. He now enjoys a life of leisure, following pool and playing sporadically between visits to resort capitals of the world.

YES, I am very jealous! :thumbup:

sjm
06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow! Though I'm grateful for all the kind words, I think you guys have gone a little overboard here. Ahhh, if only all the things said of me in this thread were true.

As "T" noted, the gals of the WPBA are a fun-loving group, and have so much respect for each other that once the tournament is over, the battles are a distant memory and having a good time is all that matters. Many of the WPBA gang, this member included, hung out this evening taking in a country music band play for a few hours, and among those who were there were three of the TV round participants, Jasmin, Xiaoting, and Kelly. Also taking in the scene were Angel Paglia, Monica Webb, Ga Young Kim, Kim Shaw, Val Finnie, Line Kjorsvik, Helena Thornfeldt, Erica Testa, Megan Smith, and a few others.

Sadly, the fun is over now, and tomorrow, when I fly back to New York City, it's back to life in the slow lane.