PDA

View Full Version : 10 Ball Ring Game Saturday 4PM 6/27 at Big Dog Billiards in Des Moines, IA

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Well it's time for the 2nd event. The first event on 6/13 had 17 players and a prize pot of $850, not too shabby! I'd like to have even more people come play this Saturday. For a Bi-Weekly Tournament with the biggest pay outs in town come on by Big Dog's in Des Moines, IA.

Entry Fee will be $50 + $5 green fee. If you do not want to pay the green fee as many of you have suggested please get on the phone or on this forum and make your voice heard. That's the best I can tell you guys.

The Rules are as follows for the 10 Ball Game:

1)All balls made on a legal break will stay down. If a player scratches on break all balls made will be spotted.
2)Intentional fouls WILL be allowed to start with, they must be announced before the shot takes place otherwise it will result in a loss of turn. I think the stakes are high enough that if the person before you shoots you a dog you can at least roll out and hope the next player does not want the shot. This is a great rule for this game.
3)All scratches will be played with ball in hand inside the kitchen only.
4)If a scratch occurs and any ball is pocketed it is automatically spotted.
5)If the next ball in play is behind the head string after a scratch it shall be spotted. Basically we are spotting all balls that are pocketed during a foul.
6)At no time in the game will any player be given ball in hand anywhere on the table on a foul shot, the cue is to be played where it lies at all times.
7) An incoming shooter always has the option to make the previous shooter attempt another shot if any foul or scratch occured on the previous turn, this includes intentional safeties.
8)The 10 ball will be played wild, no need to call the last ball. I think this is fair because there will be varying levels of skill in the game being played.
9)Jump cues will be allowed
10)Players may change cue sticks as necessary, breaking down a cue is not quitting.
11)5 minute time outs will be taken after every 2 hours of play or table reassignments, I'm a smoker and this hurts me but the game needs to move along I expect it to take 3-4 hours before it goes heads up.
12)Players are highly discouraged to chop it up at the end as it is unfair to the other tournament participants, a ring game tourney must be played as individual as possible. If players split it, who's to say they didn't intentionally pad someones chip count as well. Integrity is paramount in this game.
13)Winner of the previous game will always break the next game.
14)There will be a same table redraw after every single ante change.
15)A Players will start with 10 chips and B players will start with 13 chips.
16)Any sharking will not be tolerated, please respect your fellow players. This includes people who decide to show up piss drunk and interrupt me during the players meeting...I'm layin the hammer down this week.
17)IPODs and headphones will be allowed.
18)Cue ball fouls only and all moved object balls are to be moved as close to their original position as possible. If this becomes a problem we will simply not move balls back if they are moved.
19)This is a Rack Your Own ring game, people liked this a lot last tourney. If you do not want to rack your own balls you may get another player to rack for you, that's fine.
20)Unless a shot is clearly tough, a 60 second shot clock should be observed. Upon any players request a person will be put on a clock. Slow play is not appreciated since the ante will be going up based on time and not racks played.
21) 2-WAY shots are legal however intentional defensive shots will result in a warning followed by a loss of turn. DEFENSE is not part of a ring game guys, I do understand "moral safes" will happen from time to time.
22)10 ball may be played out of rotation(early 10). It also counts on the break in the bottom 4 pockets only, the top 2 corners will not count, even if it is kicked in so dont bother arguing it.

The Clock and Table Assignment rules:

First of all, there will be an announcement BEFORE the final games are played on each table that the ante and redraw will be taking place after the completion of that game. In other words no table will automatically stop because the timer for the round runs out. Iíve named this, the Justin Rule. Itís a good rule.

Now onto the redraws and table assignment stuff, please read this carefully and I will not be cryptic in the explanation. Rule is different depending on the number of entries into the ring game.

Anything greater than 18 players we will need 4 tables. If we need 4 tables the players will do a random draw in the beginning of the tournament to determine both their table assignment and shooter order. The highest card goes first and the lowest card goes last. Whenever the ante changes players at a given table will do a redraw for order only(not changing tables yet) with the winner of the last game automatically still breaking. All players will remain at their assigned table and play until either the field reaches 12 total or 2 people on any given table.

At this point we will record chip counts for accuracy sake. Then we will do a blind draw for table assignment and shooterís order(All winners of last game will flip odd man out for the break and the top of the order, even if all 4 breakers end up at the same table). Now that we are down to two full tables the final table will begin when we reach 6 players, or any table gets down to 2 players. In other words if my table is slow and playing even we have to make it down to 4 players if the other table is down to 2 players and vice versa. We will not play each table down to 3 players and take the final 6 that way. If all the short stacks end up at the same table, then so be it, this is the consequence of random drawing(this is what DSM wants, not me I like a seeded approach at this point as a lot of top players do)

Once we are at the final table another redraw is done for order with the 2 breakers flipping for break and 1st shooter after the break. Order will always change through a redraw at every ante change(~30 mins). Once we reach the final 2 players, WE WILL NOT RACE FOR IT. We will keep doubling the ante every 30 mins. Sidenote after 4 hours of play the ante will be at 64 chips per game, someone will win like this trust me.

If we have greater than 12 players but not over 18 players we will use 3 tables and play at the same tables until we get to 12 players or any given table can stop when they reach 2 players. Then we will combine as above. If we only need 2 tables to start with then rules will start from where we combined to two tables as above.

Ante Schedule is as follows, 1 chip/game for the 1st hour, 2 chips/game for a half hour, the 3 chips/game for another half hour, then 4 chips per game for a half hour, then 8 chips/game for a half hour and it keeps doubling every half hour. Approximate tournament time should be around 5 hours including breaks.

About the breaks they will be 5 mins after every 2 hours of play. If a player chooses to miss a game or turn they forfeit that game or turn and are responsible for paying whatever chips they owe. If you stay on break too long and miss a turn, thatís your faultÖsmoke faster next time.

Payout Structure:

If we have 18 or greater we will pay the top 6 players. 5th-6th place will get $50 back. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, will get paid 45%,30%,15%,10%

Anything less than 18 players but more than 12 we pay out the top 4 with 45%,30%,25%,10%

12 or less players the payout structure will be 60%, 30%, 10%.

Hope this covers everything guys. Remember come on out to Des Moines, IA at 4PM Saturday 6/27 and play in the newest tourney in town!!!!

Richardson
06-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Sorry Frost, but i will not be making it to this one.

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Sorry Frost, but i will not be making it to this one.

It's all good buddy. I'll be promoting it as best I can. Hopefully some of the same guys will show up, and some new smiling faces get to make it as well.

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 08:55 AM
bump so we can find it

dirtybobjr
06-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Play starts at 4? Or Registration at 4?

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Play starts at 4? Or Registration at 4?

At 4PM I will hold a players meeting, then play and registration will take place afterwards. First ball will be hit about 4:30PM...that's typically the way I'd like to do it, I like for people to ask questions and feel comfortable before the tourney starts.

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Anymore Questions/info requests guys...keep this baby at the top so the players know about the opportunity in front of them.

lady9ball
06-22-2009, 03:06 PM
9' tables, right? Any chance of additional handicapping for those of us who are C players? I would love to come down and give this a go - it sounds like a blast - but am definitely donating without a few extra chips.

mikeyfrost
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
9' tables, right? Any chance of additional handicapping for those of us who are C players? I would love to come down and give this a go - it sounds like a blast - but am definitely donating without a few extra chips.

You probably are not donating like you think. We all voted last week to start the B players which was 13 of the 17 players with 13 instead of 10. No one is getting moved from a B to an A however I think Mikey Henderson will play as a B if he shows up this wknd.

I'd love to have a female in the tourney, I'd also like to see you do well. I'll tell you what, if you come and play you can get 14 chips compared to 10 for A players. Thats a 40% opening advantage. If that can't get you to come play then momma I cant help you out. Bring some players with you if you come...I'm hoping by fall my game is the place to be. It's definitely unlike most anything you have ever seen, talk about every trip to the table is sudden death.

I'll admit I had the shakes for 2 hours just cuz of how intense the format truly is. It's an awesome tourney!!!!

Richardson
06-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Karla, 8 out of 10 games everyone on the table shot atleast once. I can even remember more than 1 where i shot more than once, lol. There was only 1 break and run. But several short racks. I won either 5 or 6 games this way :thumbup: haha

mikeyfrost
06-23-2009, 03:50 PM
This is true!

jtrombetta
06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Some of the twin city people were talking about THE RING GAME on a different forum up there, maybe one or two of them will show for this one.

mikeyfrost
06-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Tell em to come on down...We like guests!

mikeyfrost
06-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Pretty good buzz around the pool room about the ring game this weekend. Should definitely be another well attended event. I assume the rules and stuff are fine as well as the payout structure I proposed.

I'm excited again!

mikeyfrost
06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Guess everyone is sleeping or something!

mikeyfrost
06-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Bump it up to boost awareness...we are for sure having it saturday June 27th...come on out and play

OneArmed
06-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm planning on attending...

I haven't been to Iowa in almost 10 years, and never have been to Des Moines, so we'll see if I make it there on time and not get lost :D

mikeyfrost
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm planning on attending...

I haven't been to Iowa in almost 10 years, and never have been to Des Moines, so we'll see if I make it there on time and not get lost :D

Very Cool, we should have around 20 players and after the tourney there will be enough action to go around Im sure. Looking forward to meeting you, bring a guy or two if you'd like as well. Take care.

lady9ball
06-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I really want to play but funds are in short supply and I have decided to go to a MALT tournament the following weekend instead. I will keep an eye out for the next one, though! And I assume the 14 chip deal will stand? :)

I was at the pool hall last night, and told several of our better players about the ring game. They showed some interest, so hopefully they'll spread the word and you'll get a couple representatives from Waterloo.

mikeyfrost
06-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I really want to play but funds are in short supply and I have decided to go to a MALT tournament the following weekend instead. I will keep an eye out for the next one, though! And I assume the 14 chip deal will stand? :)

I was at the pool hall last night, and told several of our better players about the ring game. They showed some interest, so hopefully they'll spread the word and you'll get a couple representatives from Waterloo.

I hear that, the game will be 1 short no matter how many people show up now ;-) Yeah tell the guys to come on over and bring it, people will enjoy the competition besides I heard some of those Waterloo fellas were talking bad about some of us DSM guys...only one way to settle that beef right?

Oh and about those 14 chips.....anytime:thumbup:

mikeyfrost
06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Gettin ready to head home for the day...Just want to point out that the Ring game will still be going off this weekend and looks like we will have some out of towners playing. I strongly encourage people who are on the fence about the event to come out and play some with us. It really is a good time and competitive tourney. You won't be disappointed.

coop19772002
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Ring games are so much FUN to watch!! Have fun and good luck w/ your event!

mikeyfrost
06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Ring games are so much FUN to watch!! Have fun and good luck w/ your event!

Thanks Marge and Shannon, I appreciate the help on the rules and suggestions to help get it done in a timely fashion. Hopefully this ring game will run as well as yours! Take care.

mikeyfrost
06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Come on Davenport, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids and everyone else close enough. I bet this is the best $50 tourney going on this weekend. More than that, I bet this is by far the most fun tournament going on in the area this weekend. Come on out!!!!!!

OneArmed
06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
There is a pool/golf tournament going on here in the Cities this weekend, but a few of us will make it down.

mikeyfrost
06-26-2009, 12:35 PM
There is a pool/golf tournament going on here in the Cities this weekend, but a few of us will make it down.

Very cool, that should make for an interesting entrance since we have some guys here that know lots of the MN players. I'll of course be very happy to meet you guys as well and offer up my personal thanks for coming in the form of a beverage. See ya guys tomorrow at 4ish.

mikeyfrost
06-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Well folks its on at 4pm...lot of good talent going to be showing up. I'm quite excited about that. Ihavent heard anything about Jason Chance...someone get a hold of him and get his ass in the mix. Gonna be a very good day.

P.S. Pet, Phil, and I all won our gambling matches last night. All 3 of us were about knock down drunk as well. Thanks.

jingle
06-28-2009, 09:05 AM
So who were the winners of yesterday's ring game?

ykndoit
06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
So who were the winners of yesterday's ring game?

Jimmy V., Mike B., and Demitrius(sp?) were still in the ring game when I left at about 12:30. Demitrius(sp?) had a BIG chip lead and was shooting very well. Jimmy was shooting steady and Mike B was well, Mike B. There were 20 or so people. Very good turnout. I donated like I thought I would but it was fun none the less. Most tables I watched each person had a shot at the rack at least once, but at my star studded table, you were lucky if you got to the table once in 2 racks! My table consisted of myself, Pet, Mike A., Jody and Paul A. By far the worst table to be at in my situation.

deadstroke7
06-28-2009, 02:35 PM
but at my star studded table, you were lucky if you got to the table once in 2 racks! My table consisted of myself, Pet, Mike A., Jody and Paul A. By far the worst table to be at in my situation.

Sounds like a tough table all the way around. :D

A great turn out for the second running. Seems like Mikey is on to something.

To be honest -- second time around that the "favorites" aren't playing at the end. A surprise to me.

mikeyfrost
06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I want to thank the waterloo and twin cities guys for coming out. I really appreciate the support. It was a good tourney as usual, I unfortunately went out as the biggest loser in 7th place. Justin had 2 chips left when I got eliminated. How brutal was that.

1st: Demetrius(Minnesota) - $425(only guy to throw me a jelly for running the tourney also may I add in)
2nd: Mike Bennett - $285
3rd: Jimmy - $145
4th: Somphet - $95
5th: Bruce - $50
6th: Justin - $50

There will be another 1 in two weeks. I look forward to seeing some more of the same and some more new faces to come on out and play.

The $5 green fees per player didn't seem to be a huge issue.

Oh and I think this tournament coulda been done in 5 hours but we tapered back the ante raises just a little because the guys didnt want to make it into a coin flip after a lot of hard work. That was cool.

pooljunkie75
06-28-2009, 04:33 PM
I want to thank the waterloo and twin cities guys for coming out. I really appreciate the support. It was a good tourney as usual, I unfortunately went out as the biggest loser in 7th place. Justin had 2 chips left when I got eliminated. How brutal was that.

1st: Demetrius(Minnesota) - $425(only guy to throw me a jelly for running the tourney also may I add in)
2nd: Mike Bennett - $285
3rd: Jimmy - $145
4th: Somphet - $95
5th: Bruce - $50
6th: Justin - $50

There will be another 1 in two weeks. I look forward to seeing some more of the same and some more new faces to come on out and play.

The $5 green fees per player didn't seem to be a huge issue.

Oh and I think this tournament coulda been done in 5 hours but we tapered back the ante raises just a little because the guys didnt want to make it into a coin flip after a lot of hard work. That was cool.

Thanks a lot Mike for running a flawless tournament! It was fun playing in an event like this, and I will definitely do it again:thumbup:

lady9ball
06-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Who showed up from Waterloo?

mikeyfrost
06-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks a lot Mike for running a flawless tournament! It was fun playing in an event like this, and I will definitely do it again:thumbup:

I really appreciate it Bruce...I know I gave you shit...you gave me shit too so it's all good. Thanks god for the redraw or I swear you woulda busted me simply because I decided you weren't gonna give me a shot to get out. Funny thing about ring games is when you go three or four times in a row without a shot it can really screw you up mentally and you put way too much pressure on yourself to get out which is worse than being hooked! None the less I had a shot and ended up biggest loser, I'm winning the shit next time, I made my mind up. Thanks for playing.

mikeyfrost
06-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Who showed up from Waterloo?

I sure don't remember their names. One guy was bald, another looked like a rocker type, and the other guy looked a lil like tom cruise to me but slightly darker skin...I wish I could remember their names. Either way they both were A players and played pretty damn good.

Richardson
06-29-2009, 06:27 AM
So you're saying Bruce wrecked your face. HAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! !

I am not sorry i wasnt there, i was at my wifes parents 35th anniversary party. Tammies dad isnt doing so well with his health, so it was nice to see him happy with his family.

I do think its awesome Jon and the crew let Jimmy play til he was done. The one thing pool needs is support, and helping someone as nice as Jimmy get better is all good by me.

Very nice showing by Bruce and Justin. I had thought Mike B would do well, glad i was right. Had i known Demetrius Williams was coming down i would have picked him to win it, hes a very solid player.

Did Jody/Athens or Phil play ? and if so did they do anything at all ?

Spimp13
06-29-2009, 06:32 AM

They all played. Phil was the first person out. Glad I didn't put him in like he tried to ask me to the night before. Someone else did and obviously doesn't realize it is like a poker tournament and that just because you shoot good you still have to get a little lucky to when you are at the table on what the guy behind you leaves you for a shot.

mikeyfrost
06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
So you're saying Bruce wrecked your face. HAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! !

I am not sorry i wasnt there, i was at my wifes parents 35th anniversary party. Tammies dad isnt doing so well with his health, so it was nice to see him happy with his family.

I do think its awesome Jon and the crew let Jimmy play til he was done. The one thing pool needs is support, and helping someone as nice as Jimmy get better is all good by me.

Very nice showing by Bruce and Justin. I had thought Mike B would do well, glad i was right. Had i known Demetrius Williams was coming down i would have picked him to win it, hes a very solid player.

Wrecked my face, imma go with a hell no son. More like he left me super shitty so many times to start the game by the time I did have a shot I was too damn flustered to do anything. It wasnt a big deal, hell we did a redraw and he even let me shoot in front of him instead of behing, I magically pumped up then, go figure.

Justin was 2 chips better and I was at the table that Brad was at after he got eliminated, not a very fun table lol.

What would be awesome is if the tourney had some added money like the rest of them do, that would be awesome.

Richardson
06-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Wrecked my face, imma go with a hell no son. More like he left me super shitty so many times to start the game by the time I did have a shot I was too damn flustered to do anything.

I hear ya, def a down point of ring games.

pooljunkie75
06-30-2009, 05:19 AM
I hear ya, def a down point of ring games.

WOW! I haven't heard anyone wine this much about getting to the table ever. I accidentally left u bad four times, and two of those times I misses six ball runouts. One would think after that you would feel greatful to even get a chance at the table....? Oh and I left you three outs that you didn't capitalize on...not my fault. Let's talk about how the redraw was the same order and I traded you cards just so I didn't have to hear you wine about being after me. If memory serves me, and it does, you left me stuck three time( I didn't wine once), and you left me an out once that I did capitalize on. How about we tell the whole story, and not try to make me look like a chump. Don't for a second try to blame me for the way you played, because everyone had runs where they constantly got left behind balls....that's the nature of the beast.

Richardson
06-30-2009, 06:50 AM
WOW! I haven't heard anyone wine this much about getting to the table ever. I accidentally left u bad four times, and two of those times I misses six ball runouts. One would think after that you would feel greatful to even get a chance at the table....? Oh and I left you three outs that you didn't capitalize on...not my fault. Let's talk about how the redraw was the same order and I traded you cards just so I didn't have to hear you wine about being after me. If memory serves me, and it does, you left me stuck three time( I didn't wine once), and you left me an out once that I did capitalize on. How about we tell the whole story, and not try to make me look like a chump. Don't for a second try to blame me for the way you played, because everyone had runs where they constantly got left behind balls....that's the nature of the beast.

I told justin about the tip, i assume he/we will be down in a day or 2 to get it.

Mike B.
06-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Great tournament for all levels of play. The equipment is tough enough that it is very difficult to run out, giving many opportunities to all players at the table. There are no gimmies on these tables.

My only comment is about the green fee and the mention of added money. I was a little surprised that there was a green fee when there isn't a green fee taken for any of the other regular tournaments at Big Dog's. Especially when the tournament is bringing in around 20 players but only requires 4 tables for a few hours and then two tables for a couple more. I looked around the room a number of times throughout the night and the majority of the people that were there were either playing in the tournament or watching the tournament. It would be a little easier to understand if the room was full with a waiting list for tables. In the end though, five dollars is not that big of a deal, but if it wasn't for this tournament, the room would have been virtually empty most of the night.

I was not at the first one, but I think the second tournament was a success, and definitely a tournament that anyone can win.

pooljunkie75
06-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I told justin about the tip, i assume he/we will be down in a day or 2 to get it.

Okay. We will be heading to Okaboji thursday night, so let me know...

mikeyfrost
06-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Look back at my post, I did say during the redraw you hooked me up and traded cards. Jason bought up the whole "wreck your face" deal, I dont even know what that means. I admitted I was flustered for a while. Don't know if it was worth a long angry paragraph though, you didnt wine then but you are now. Nobody said you are a chump, you cashed in a tough game, that's damn good. I couldnt cash twice, Im the bubble boy. The internet is a funny place, dont take it so seriously.

mikeyfrost
06-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Great tournament for all levels of play. The equipment is tough enough that it is very difficult to run out, giving many opportunities to all players at the table. There are no gimmies on these tables.

My only comment is about the green fee and the mention of added money. I was a little surprised that there was a green fee when there isn't a green fee taken for any of the other regular tournaments at Big Dog's. Especially when the tournament is bringing in around 20 players but only requires 4 tables for a few hours and then two tables for a couple more. I looked around the room a number of times throughout the night and the majority of the people that were there were either playing in the tournament or watching the tournament. It would be a little easier to understand if the room was full with a waiting list for tables. In the end though, five dollars is not that big of a deal, but if it wasn't for this tournament, the room would have been virtually empty most of the night.

I was not at the first one, but I think the second tournament was a success, and definitely a tournament that anyone can win.

Thats for sure, it is so dead in there on Saturdays I in fact think that IS the reason we have to pay green fees. It's totally counter intuitive in my opinion. I was just really grateful to have so many people come out and give it a whirl. That's what it is about. the guys are practicing on the equipment more and I think over time it will raise the level of play up for all.

I'm also thinking about doing a 16-max longer race 9-Ball tournament on the big tables...havent worked the kinks out in that one yet though.

pooljunkie75
06-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Look back at my post, I did say during the redraw you hooked me up and traded cards. Jason bought up the whole "wreck your face" deal, I dont even know what that means. I admitted I was flustered for a while. Don't know if it was worth a long angry paragraph though, you didnt wine then but you are now. Nobody said you are a chump, you cashed in a tough game, that's damn good. I couldnt cash twice, Im the bubble boy. The internet is a funny place, dont take it so seriously.

I'm not winning nor have I ever been angry, just stating facts. Unfortunately luck comes into play in this game, but it eventually rolls both ways. If you were watching, on the final table, I didn't have a decent shot at anything for about four turns... But that's how it goes...

OneArmed
06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for putting that on Mike...I had a blast down there eh!

gdog
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Mike, pull off the 16 max 9-ball tourney on the big tables and you'd be my idol. The bar box is like playing craps.

mikeyfrost
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for putting that on Mike...I had a blast down there eh!

Your welcome and I appreciate it so much. You guys coming from twin cities and the Waterloo bunch that showed, added to another home crowd of 17 players I think is just something special and we should all be appreciative of each other. You, Demi, and the rest of the gang are for sure always welcome here, you guys were perfect gentlemen and maybe next time we bang a little straight pool around for fun. Thanks goes out to the players and those that help me in organizing and running the tourney.

mikeyfrost
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Mike, pull off the 16 max 9-ball tourney on the big tables and you'd be my idol. The bar box is like playing craps.

OK Gary, I will get right on it. Don't know whether it would be better to do a single elimination RACE to 11 or double elim RACE to 9. I also don't know what a reasonable entry fee would be. Maybe I'll make a thread and get some ideas on what some of the players would like to see happen. If it is handicapped in the end the shortest win total is going to be 9 games.

Maybe AA goes to 11, A goes to 10, and B goes to 9 on any given race. We gotta stop flipping coins for the tourneys IMO. I think it's cool to be on the big tables and have people enjoying the game again.

TheMadScientist
06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
We don't have any AA players.

mikeyfrost
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Post it in the 9 Ball tourney feeler thread I made in the main forum, I agree BTW. I don't really think we have many true A players either. 19 out of the 21 players we had on Saturday would be B players in most tour events in the east coast.

mikeyfrost
07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I am adjusting the ante levels to have a 6 ante, 12 chip ante, 20 chip ante...etc.

Any other ideas or suggestions for the ring game. We absolutely were 3 people short, We need to be filling it up folks...I have no doubt next game I'll be giving up my spot Lookin forward to it fellas.