PDA

View Full Version : European Championship 2009 - 9-ball Final Rack

aragohof
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYXkhkjDik

CreeDo
06-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I see the youtube video poster is "mrsvandenberg" ...his mom or his wife I wonder?

Good clip! The shot on the 2 to get to the 3 is a classic example of "good effort no reward".

His recovery is nice, though a huge gamble. If he misses, there is no chance of safety.

I think Nick's gonna be in trouble if he has a shot clock, looks like he's averaging like a minute per shot.

Snapshot9
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I would have played a safety on 3, sending uptable, and leaving the cue ball behind the 6, almost guaranteed a BIH.

Also, on the 7 ball, he really let that cue ball go, I would have killed the cue ball more.

Jumping up on the table was OVER-THE-TOP, and not very professional.

Luxury
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
How can a tournament of that size not have a timekeeper? Slowplay is killing pool people.How long did that match take? 3 hours. I would have a "you jump on it you buy it policy" announced at the players meeting.

wahcheck
06-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I think I would have played a safety on 3, sending uptable, and leaving the cue ball behind the 6, almost guaranteed a BIH.

Also, on the 7 ball, he really let that cue ball go, I would have killed the cue ball more.

Jumping up on the table was OVER-THE-TOP, and not very professional.

If you look at the angle again, you might see that he would've had to cut that 3 ball to get it past the other object ball, which would make it very hard to stop the ball behind the 6. He made the right decision; regardless of whether he wins or loses; the usual rule of thumb I go by is, if the choice is for a tough safety or a tough shot for the cheese, I go for the cheese.