PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Zipper's Down - Justis Case

HereWeGo
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Hello all. The zipper is broken on my Justis Case. It moves freely and there are no missing teeth. I know I can send it to Jack and have it fixed but I was wondering if anyone has been able to fix this on their own. Any input is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

mooseman
06-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I would definitely ask Jack.

I know most zippers you almost have to force it a little to the bottom so the teeth come back together. As long as you don't use too much force it sometimes works out.

Tbeaux
06-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Hold the teeth close together as you very slowly open the zipper. Don't force it.Sometimes you can bring it all the way down. If not you can slowly and carefully stitch the teeth back together until your able to open it all the way. Also check to see if any teeth are bent.

cuetechasaurus
06-23-2009, 01:05 AM
I had the same problem with my Instroke case. I took it to a local shoe repairman/ leather worker, and he fixed it for $15.

Jack Justis
06-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Hello all. The zipper is broken on my Justis Case. It moves freely and there are no missing teeth. I know I can send it to Jack and have it fixed but I was wondering if anyone has been able to fix this on their own. Any input is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Over time the slider (part that closes the teeth) wears to such a point that it no longer engages the teeth properly to close the zipper. To correct this, the trailing edge of the slider need to be pinched slightly to compensate for the wear. Any local luggage or shoe repair shop would be able to fix this at little or no cost or you can return the case and I will fix it for free. You pay only for return shipping.

DrOnePocket
06-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Over time the slider (part that closes the teeth) wears to such a point that it no longer engages the teeth properly to close the zipper. To correct this, the trailing edge of the slider need to be pinched slightly to compensate for the wear. Any local luggage or shoe repair shop would be able to fix this at little or no cost or you can return the case and I will fix it for free. You pay only for return shipping.

rep to you sir :thumbup:

uwate
06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
awesome...the zipper on my justis is exactly like pictured above and I had it in the closet for a few months now bc I couldnt be bothered with trying to go get it fixed. Time to to dust that bad boy off.

tattoo
06-23-2009, 11:55 AM
awesome...the zipper on my justis is exactly like pictured above and I had it in the closet for a few months now bc I couldnt be bothered with trying to go get it fixed. Time to to dust that bad boy off.WOW a broken zipper jack justis is better than any case that i could think of carrying .. that bad boy would go anywere i go broken zipper or not:thumbup:

HereWeGo
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
First I want to thank Jack for personally responding. I ended up taking the case to a local luggage repair shop and to my surprise the woman working there is in the APA. She replaced the pull because it was worn and the case is as good as new again.

SCCues
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I would definitely ask Jack.

I know most zippers you almost have to force it a little to the bottom so the teeth come back together. As long as you don't use too much force it sometimes works out.

If you try this it might help to use a lubricant of some kind on the teeth only with a paper towel behind it to keep it off the leather. It will make it easier for the teeth to go back together.

James

stevekur1
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Much Rep To Jack...... A Man that Stands by his Product !!!!

Tap Tap Tap !!!!

Steve

uwate
06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
WOW a broken zipper jack justis is better than any case that i could think of carrying .. that bad boy would go anywere i go broken zipper or not:thumbup:

i have a 2x4 its george I use as the backup. I would have used the justis except all the stuff in the pouch kept falling out and I didnt feel like constantly looking back to where i was walking to see if i dropped things.

I tried fixing the zipper with a pair of needle nose pliers this morning but I couldnt figure out how to pinch the trailing end. If the zipper goes left to right, the trailing end is the left side of the zipper where the teeth come out of closed up together? Its like a puzzle how to pinch that end since it has the zipper coming out of it constantly so you cant get on that side and underneath to pinch.

Jack Justis
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
i have a 2x4 its george I use as the backup. I would have used the justis except all the stuff in the pouch kept falling out and I didnt feel like constantly looking back to where i was walking to see if i dropped things.

I tried fixing the zipper with a pair of needle nose pliers this morning but I couldnt figure out how to pinch the trailing end. If the zipper goes left to right, the trailing end is the left side of the zipper where the teeth come out of closed up together? Its like a puzzle how to pinch that end since it has the zipper coming out of it constantly so you cant get on that side and underneath to pinch.

Next time your up this way stop in and I'll fix it for you and buy your lunch. Or give me a call and I will walk you through it anytime. 954-974-5614.

NewStroke
06-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Try your local Fire Dept, they have the Jaws of Life. They have used this to save many "other" things from zippers.