PDA

View Full Version : Search issues

xianmacx
06-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Ever since the site was upgraded I can't get any useful results from the search function. How can you make it search multiple words? If I search "home pool rooms" I get hundred of threads. Its locating threads with ANY of the 3 words. How can I tell it to only find results with ALL 3 words?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Black-Balled
06-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Simple...you go to google, choose advanced search feature and specify your search to only include results from forums.azbilliards.com

That is the best way!

xianmacx
06-23-2009, 07:20 AM
BB,

That is perfect! rep coming your way.

Ian

CreeDo
06-23-2009, 08:15 AM
a little shortcut with google is to type everything on the first page like this-

"home pool rooms" site:forums.azbilliards.com

With the quotes, it searches for that exact phrase. Without the quotes, it still searches for threads where those 3 words are close together and frequent.

You can also make azbilliards search work properly by logging out and then doing the search. For some reason it's fine while logged out.

I really wish the admin can fix this. I wonder if it's just out version of the forums, there's not a lot about it on google. If every version vbulletin had this silly problem I'd expect a lot of b-tching online.

Black-Balled
06-23-2009, 08:36 AM
I am now an official google ninja.