PDA

View Full Version : 2x4 soft case recommendation

bluekorn
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Hello,
I know that Whitten makes a fine hard case. Is there a "best" soft 2x4 case that players could recommend? I want one that will not only protect the cues from damage coming from the outside but one that will keep the pieces on the inside of the case protected from bumping and scraping against each other. Thanks very much.
Bluekorn

Tbeaux
06-24-2009, 03:31 PM
A liitle difficult to find is the Silverfox cue case. There are a couple of soft and a couple of hard types. Everybody I've heard of that owns one loves it.

Here is a link to some.....http://www.shootersbilliards.com/silver-fox-cases/

JPB
06-25-2009, 06:40 AM
I have a Silver Fox 4X8 and think it is pretty good. I was looking at the new Porper VIP soft cases on the internet. Muellers has them I think. They look like they are good, and a convenient size, but I don't have one and have not seen one in person. I expect the construction and durability would be solid from other porper products I have seen or had.

GMAC
06-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Hello,
I know that Whitten makes a fine hard case. Is there a "best" soft 2x4 case that players could recommend? I want one that will not only protect the cues from damage coming from the outside but one that will keep the pieces on the inside of the case protected from bumping and scraping against each other. Thanks very much.
Bluekorn

Jim Murnak makes a great soft case. The cue protection on his soft cases is way better than on his hard cases. I don't like his tube system on the hard case, but if you are looking for a well designed and creative soft case Jim is your guy. They can get expensive if you want something special but his leather work is top notch. GL with your search.

mdavis228
06-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Take a look at the Wave cases thru Sterling... They're made by John Barton's group and, for the money, you won't get better protection. Kinda funky looking...

cardiac kid
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
bluekorn,

How soft a case are you looking for? I've used a Porper JP 24 for the last seven or eight years. Two external pockets. One large, one small. Recently returned it for service. The repair was done first class and quickly. Not to mention solely for the cost of freight! Really good people! Great cue case.

Lyn

bluekorn
06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your replys. I ended up ordering a 2x4 from Jim Murnak. They appear to be very substantial as well as beautiful and the interiors are built to protect the pieces from each other. I think I'll be happy with this choice. Much appreciated.
Bluekorn