PDA

View Full Version : Temporarry cue holder

nksmfamjp
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Looking for a bring to the pool hall in my case cue holder. All it needds tto hold aree 2 cues at the most. What do you use and how does it work?

Any thoughts on the Qclaw?

Johnnyt
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Looking for a bring to the pool hall in my case cue holder. All it needds tto hold aree 2 cues at the most. What do you use and how does it work?

Any thoughts on the Qclaw?

I have Q-Claw...it works. JT

RRfireblade
06-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Q Claw works great. Just a tad heavy but will last like 3 lifetimes and is pretty cheap.

Someone posted a Chip clip type cue holder that seems interesting but they want like 5 times too much for it and if it's like most Chip clips , will break in a year unless you step on it first :)

Most of the others are a little gimmicky IMO.

ARROWCRUSHER
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Porper cue clamps work great . Your cue's lock in the clamp and wont fall off or out of the slot. So if someone knocks in to the table they wont go anywhere, muellers has them!!!!!

XxMerlinxX
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
+1 for the Q Claw. I use it all the time and it fits easily in the long compartment of my case.

shamadam
06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
I have the Tiger Paw, and It thinks its awesome! Bit heavy but does the
job perfectly.

JimS
06-25-2009, 04:05 AM
I made my own. I took a piece of leather that I got from Jack Justis used for shaft burnishing and I cut a 3/4 moon hole in the side. I put reusable putty from Lowes on the bottom and it sticks to tables, counter tops ledges etc and holds the cue very tightly. I cut 1/2" holes on one side for tall tables... to grasp the shaft, and 7/8" holes on the other side to hold the upper part of the butt on regular height tables. Just cut the hole with a little opening on the side for the cue to enter and it will will really grasp the cue tightly and take a pretty good punch before the cue falls. The leather is very stiff after using dye... which dries it out. I couldn't find leather punches that large so I just used a piece of 3" long metal pipe as a punch (from Tractor Supply or any hardware store in the plumbing section). Had to file the end down to make it sharp enough but it worked great.

The putty sticks great and can be re-used.. as in reusable putty :groucho:

No weight. No bulk. Works great for me.

jrt30004
06-25-2009, 04:11 AM
yeah - Qclaw. just use it. it's cheap it's easy and it holds your cue. that's about all you need.

Predator5K4
06-25-2009, 06:34 AM
+1 for the Q-Claw. It is a little heavy and takes up a lot of space in the bottom pocket of my case, but it works awesome. The weight actually is a benefit when it is in hold the stick and protect it mode, as it resists sliding on the table very well. When I was at Valley Forge, there was an exhibitor that had a soft plastic cue holder in different shapes and colors. For the life of me I can't remember the name of his company, but it was two pieces of soft plastic that can be rearranged to hold 2, 3, 5 cues. LIght weight and sort of sticky, kind of like the little sticky pad some people put on the dash of the car. Anyone recollect more details on this?

mreightball
06-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Hello;
Here is a picture of a two stick holder that we sell that also holds a piece of chalk. It clips onto any table or countertop.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/picture.php?albumid=103&pictureid=594

Maniac
06-25-2009, 07:48 AM
I've got the Q-Claw (in three different sizes), the Porper Cue Holder, and the soft rubber cue holder w/table clip put out by Ozone Billiards.

The Q-Claw works great. The added weight is good for stability. The only problem I have with this system is that it is too easy for the clumsier poolplayers (and we all know who THEY are :rolleyes:) to knock the cues out of it. If the slots were cut a little deeper, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

The Porper Cue Holder works good also, albeit better on a taller pub-style table. On a lower table, the clamps tend to grab the cues a little to tightly IMO (just slightly above the joint). Enough of this could, in theory, eventually damage the finish on your cue.

The soft rubber Ozone Billiards cue holder works okay if you remember to hold onto it as you pull your cue out of it. Otherwise the clamp will pull free from the table and the whole thing, cues and all, will be dangling in your hand. The cues do stay firmly put into it with no possibility of damaging your cues.

Hope this info helps!!!

Maniac