PDA

View Full Version : Jay Flowers case repair

scottjen26
06-25-2009, 03:24 PM
My almost 20 year old Jay Flowers case is finally wearing out on me. Some of the superficial things I can deal with (brass brads on the bottom missing, felt tearing a bit) but the top of the case is hanging on by a thread, coming apart from the frame and straps which snap onto the case. I know I could buy a new case, but I like this case and it's autographed by several pro players. I really just need the top fixed and I'm good to go for a while at least.

Any ideas on where I can send this to get it fixed? I thought I heard that Mr. Flowers passed away and cases are no longer being made. Would a competent local shoe repair person or something like that be able to fix the leather that's coming apart? Or is there someone I could send it to that could repair it to at least working order?

Thanks!
Scott

manwon
06-25-2009, 04:11 PM
My almost 20 year old Jay Flowers case is finally wearing out on me. Some of the superficial things I can deal with (brass brads on the bottom missing, felt tearing a bit) but the top of the case is hanging on by a thread, coming apart from the frame and straps which snap onto the case. I know I could buy a new case, but I like this case and it's autographed by several pro players. I really just need the top fixed and I'm good to go for a while at least.

Any ideas on where I can send this to get it fixed? I thought I heard that Mr. Flowers passed away and cases are no longer being made. Would a competent local shoe repair person or something like that be able to fix the leather that's coming apart? Or is there someone I could send it to that could repair it to at least working order?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott contact John Barton here on the forum, his user name is JB Cases. John is a good old boy who can most likely take care of your needs, since he is currently making a number of Tribute J. Flowers cases.

Take care

JimS
06-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Scott contact John Barton here on the forum, his user name is JB Cases. John is a good old boy who can most likely take care of your needs, since he is currently making a number of Tribute J. Flowers cases.

Take care

Tap. Tap. Tap.

scottjen26
06-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks guys!