PDA

View Full Version : Cue signed by top WPBA pros ... will be raffled for Eva Finchum Beneft

sunnyday
06-25-2009, 04:36 PM
As some of you all know I was at last WPBA event, not that I qualified to play but I was near by and I had a cause.

My friend Eva Finchum needs to undergo a liver transplant and it's a very expensive procedure-even with her insurance picking up the majority of the cost.

But the sad part of it is that she is already in bad health and she knows her chances are not good and she is suffering from depression. I wanted to do everything I can to bring up her spirit and let her know there are lot of family, friends and even strangers who are pulling for her.

Someone donated a plain Joss cue and I took it over to the event and had the top pros sign it. Some of big names are, Alison Fischer (2009 HOF), Kelly fischer, Monica Webb, Ga Young Kim, X-Pan, Jasmin Ouschen... the list goes on and I filled the cue.

My question is, should I raffle it here or at her benefit tournament on this Saturday?

sunnyday
06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Here is a close up shot of Allison Fischer's sig, close up of everyone's and the last close up is Ga Young Kim. She signed in Chinese and in Korean:D I asked her why she didn't sign in English, she giggled and said her English writing is ugly:p - she was so cute.

S.

Sweet Marissa
06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I think you should use the whole weekend of the tournament and allow people there to buy tickets, and have a laptop logged onto AZ so you can have a thread to sell tickets to those who can't be there in person. Have the drawing on the last day of the tourney so Eva can make the draw.

After all lots of raffles say you don't need to be present to win :)

Bigtruck
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
As some of you all know I was at last WPBA event, not that I qualified to play but I was near by and I had a cause.

My friend Eva Finchum needs to undergo a liver transplant and it's a very expensive procedure-even with her insurance picking up the majority of the cost.

But the sad part of it is that she is already in bad health and she knows her chances are not good and she is suffering from depression. I wanted to do everything I can to bring up her spirit and let her know there are lot of family, friends and even strangers who are pulling for her.

Someone donated a plain Joss cue and I took it over to the event and had the top pros sign it. Some of big names are, Alison Fischer (2009 HOF), Kelly fischer, Monica Webb, Ga Young Kim, X-Pan, Jasmin Ouschen... the list goes on and I filled the cue.

My question is, should I raffle it here or at her benefit tournament on this Saturday?

Both Sunny!!!

Whoever is getting the proceeds, get their paypal addy and the raffle ticket purchases here will go straight to them!! ;)

Ray

sunnyday
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Umm, how do I do both? I was planning to sale the raffle stubs...help?

S.

Bigtruck
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Umm, how do I do both? I was planning to sale the raffle stubs...help?

S.

Sunny,

You could write the name of everyone who paypals money in, on a raffle ticket(s). Then just add them to the jar at the tournament.

Ray

Sweet Marissa
06-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Set up a paypal to use for the raffle. Since we know beforehand, start collecting from the forum until the weekend of the tournament and just have them in the bucket when you do the raffle at the event.

To do it LIVE as well: When someone wants a ticket from the forum, once you have their paypal payment confirmed, write AZ and their username on the stub, then throw it in the pot with everyone else's :)

sunnyday
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Set up a paypal to use for the raffle. Since we know beforehand, start collecting from the forum until the weekend of the tournament and just have them in the bucket when you do the raffle at the event.

To do it LIVE as well: When someone wants a ticket from the forum, once you have their paypal payment confirmed, write AZ and their username on the stub, then throw it in the pot with everyone else's :)

Well... I live for Chicago tonight for work and come back to Indy for the Tournament Saturday morning... I don't think I can manage the paypal thing...Not before the tourney. If people wanted the raffle to be online, I could manage it cause it can be done later but not before...

S.

Sweet Marissa
06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Ah, okay.. start a new thread for the raffle. When someone posts that they want a ticket, edit the first post to update the list of ticket holders.

sunnyday
06-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Here is the tournament info. It's tomorrow!!! 27 June 2009.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=1892711#post1892711

S.