The Beginner
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
RIP my friend..you will be missed forever :(

Gatz
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Scott was a great guy, I'll surely miss him :frown:

trophycue
08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Haven't been around the Toronto pool scene for years, but remeber Scott as a great kid................Reid Virtue

p1noy
08-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Rest in peace Scott.. My prayers are with your family and friends..

hangemhigh
08-14-2009, 07:21 PM
RIP Scott

jaycast16
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
RIP Scott..Everyone here and out there will miss you..It's really sad to lose a good guy like him.My prayers are with you and to your family!

Shawn Armstrong
08-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Any details as to what happened? Was it his heart?

I haven't seen Scott for awhile - it's too bad to hear this news regarding him. The Canadian Pool world will definitely miss Scott.

xpatcan1
08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
I couldn’t believe it when I heard the news friday its truly a monumental blow to Canadian cue sports. Many including me will seriously miss Scott; he was a friend and someone I truly admired for his selfless efforts at improving the Canadian billiard scene.

I enjoyed and will miss playing one-pocket with you Scott I am glad I had the privilege to know you. RIP

Justin

xpatcan1
08-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Any details as to what happened? Was it his heart?

I haven't seen Scott for awhile - it's too bad to hear this news regarding him. The Canadian Pool world will definitely miss Scott.

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=6847

"Scott Soroko Passes

Scott Soroko, proprietor of the Canadian billiard website Shooterville.com, passed away this morning in a Toronto hospital. Mr. Soroko had a long history of health issues and was awaiting both a liver and a heart transplant. He apparently picked up an infection on Wednesday night that he could not resist and that infection took him from us on Friday morning.

Mr. Soroko was a tireless supporter of the cuesports and worked diligently to keep his website up to date and relevant. His efforts and his smile will be missed. Pool, especially Canadian pool, has lost a great friend.
By AzB Staff - 2009-08-14"

JD_Hogg
08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Very sad news. RIP Scott.

D_Lewis
08-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I believe the memorial is sunday and the funeral is monday. I am sure more details will be posted when everything is firmed up.

We definitely lost a good one. One of the most self-less people Ive ever met.

I know a large number of people competing in the Canadians this week would probably like to be at the services, I hope the CBSA calls it a day around 4pm on Monday in Scotts honour. I would not be surprised to see the building packed to honour Scott in Burlington this Monday.

JCIN
08-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Damn. Scott was always looking to help us out and was a great supporter of the game as a whole. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man but I will miss his presence here and in the pool world. Condolences to his family. RIP sir.

seether
08-15-2009, 02:52 PM
My condolences to all in the billiard world,and to the poeple who knew him.RIP Scott.

xxxbilliards
08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Scott and I where friends a long time ago and despite our differences I regret that he is gone..never knew of any illness and I'm sorry we could not work our differences in the past but if for some reason in the afterlife we meet I promise to play with you,
To Scotts family, please accept my condolences and be well
Scott Soroko RIP, see you soon......I hope not that soon!!

IYAH
08-25-2009, 12:51 PM
RIP SCOTT great guy who will be missed

nathandumoulin
08-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I just went to add Scott on facebook...only to discover the news. I'm in utter disbelief.

RIP Scott. :(

Blackjack
08-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Very sad news. Scott was an great person that cared a lot about the game of pool. RIP, my friend - you will be terribly missed by all.