PDA

View Full Version : DB custom cue... should I get one?

sneaky_russian
10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi
I was thinking about getting custom made cue,but I don't know what cuemaker to choose.So maybe you guys can give me a good advise.
Does anybody have DB custom made cue? How do they shoot? Or maybe I should get one of the used Schons or Predators?

D_Lewis
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM
The best thing to do in this situation is go to the shop and tell Don what you want. How much you want to spend. What you like/dislike about your current cue. Etc.

Let him give you some advice on what he thinks is best for you.

Personally, Don does all of my stuff. I have a custom on the way that should be finished up pretty soon I think, the forearm is ready and Im expecting to see the buttsleeve this upcoming week or next. Going to the shop is the best advice I can give you.

Hope it works out for you.

-dan

sneaky_russian
10-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks Dan
Could you please post some pictures of your DB cue after you receive it?
Thanks

D_Lewis
10-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks Dan
Could you please post some pictures of your DB cue after you receive it?
Thanks

I most certainly can and will!

:)

sneaky_russian
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
That would be AWESOME!
Maybe somebody has some pictures of DB cues?It would help a lot!

taxi man
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi
I was thinking about getting custom made cue,but I don't know what cuemaker to choose.So maybe you guys can give me a good advise.
Does anybody have DB custom made cue? How do they shoot? Or maybe I should get one of the used Schons or Predators?

I've seen,sold,and have played with a db custom cue.Don won't let anything crap leave his shop despite what caliber shot you may be.He is very meticulous, and knows what tapers,tips,and ferrule combination may suit your style of game,were alot of other cuemakers have standard methods for everybody,sort of generic.I know a guy in saskatoon who shipped Don his cues,for him to do the work needed on them.To me that says alot!The biggest thing that I noticed when I met Don that after I gave him my money I knew I did the right thing.Take care and good luck:wink:

johnnydub
10-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I've never bought a cue off don but I've had him work on my cue with refinishing/tips etc and I've always had great experiences, he posts on here PM him and set up a time!

jaycast16
10-12-2009, 10:09 PM
my friend bought a db custom cue and i tried it.The cue hits pretty good and i would say it hits like those famous production cues like Schon.Don is a nice guy to deal with and don't hesitate to call him.im sure you get all help you need for your cue

xpatcan1
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I most certainly can and will!

:)

i have seen your cue dan and it looks great so far! cant wait to see the finished product.

PM me your phone number, my phone was smashed and i lost it.

D_Lewis
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
i have seen your cue dan and it looks great so far! cant wait to see the finished product.

PM me your phone number, my phone was smashed and i lost it.

Ive seen the forearm and Im excited to see the buttsleeve because that will be my favourite part. Instead of rings or points I got the buttsleeve striped with the same colour scheme as the forearm. Cant wait!

I sent you a text, if you have a new phone you will get my number. PM me if you dont have a phone and I'll give it to you.