PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the 404 handicaps.

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Dean posted a thread I think two years ago with the under-ranked players.

Why do certain players have higher handicaps at Shooters than they do at BigWigs?

Here are the players that sometimes have different handicaps. (from what Ive noticed)

Brittany Bryant
Carlin Sanderson
Derek Sanderson

Also, when are some of these super 5's going to go up in handicap?
Alan Ada
Nito

Input?

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Someone also brought up that they think Tyler Nearing should be moved up to a 9, any input on that?

I didnt think so because Dean McN gave him a shitkicking 7-0 on a Sunday, I think Dean should be a 472 handicap.

The Beginner
12-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Why do certain players have higher handicaps at Shooters than they do at BigWigs?

Here are the players that sometimes have different handicaps. (from what Ive noticed)

Brittany Bryant
Carlin Sanderson
Derek Sanderson

Alan Ada
Nito

Input?

Nito and Alan will not go up their handicaps because of their records in 404.....Nito im sure will not go up because his only 5' tall....lol.

DAn you should go up from 4 to 6...:grin:

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Nito and Alan will not go up their handicaps because of their records in 404.....Nito im sure will not go up because his only 5' tall....lol.

DAn you should go up from 4 to 6...:grin:

If I get back the money I put into the tournaments, I'll gladly bump my handicap to 7.

Danktrees
12-01-2009, 02:06 PM
alan n nito wont go up until they get in the money. i think ive been closer than either of them and i suck. so those handicaps wont go up until they finish at minimum im top 5.

as for the discrepancies between bigwigs n shooters i have no idea. i always thought brittany was a 7 cuz that what she is at shooters.

tyler might get moved up. hes placed top 3 in the last two. he also beat mario straight up this last tourny. i think he won 8-6.

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Nito was in the money a few times last season. I think Alan has also been in the money but last season.

The Beginner
12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Nito was in the money a few times last season. I think Alan has also been in the money but last season.

I told you Nito will not go up anymore because his only 5' tall....:grin-square:

jaycast16
12-01-2009, 04:29 PM

Brittany Bryant
Carlin Sanderson
Derek Sanderson

Alan Ada
Nito

Input?
I always thought Brittany is a 7.she is too tough to be a 6...
in case of Alan and Nito..the answer will be the same when they ask you why you never move up to a 5?

Danktrees
12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
u r awesome jp

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I always thought Brittany is a 7.she is too tough to be a 6...
in case of Alan and Nito..the answer will be the same when they ask you why you never move up to a 5?

Brittany played and won as a 6 this past weekend I believe.

I dont move up because I suck.

jaycast16
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Brittany played and won as a 6 this past weekend I believe.

I dont move up because I suck.

there you go Dan,you got the answer.Nito and Alan both suck on the 404 tour.But they both play well on Wednesday and saturday tournament...did you cashed out last night?

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
there you go Dan,you got the answer.Nito and Alan both suck on the 404 tour.But they both play well on Wednesday and saturday tournament...did you cashed out last night?

I did cash last night, I got a bye and won my first match against Lee. Got pretty lucky, most of the rolls and he wasnt on his game. Then I was thumped by Mr Alan Ada.

sowko
12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I think the handicap system is way out of wack. All the major pool rooms should adjust the handicaps so that the players have the same handicap reguardless on which pool room that they are playing in. It is'nt right that a player has a different handicap in a different pool room. The hard thing is having the rooms agree on what handicap a player should be. Then have someone or an online tracking system. The way it is now is that some players are getting screwed playing at a higher handicap and some players that have a high handicap are playing with a lower handicap depending on where they're playing. Maybe there is some favouritism going on, i don't know.

D_Lewis
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the handicap system is way out of wack. All the major pool rooms should adjust the handicaps so that the players have the same handicap reguardless on which pool room that they are playing in. It is'nt right that a player has a different handicap in a different pool room. The hard thing is having the rooms agree on what handicap a player should be. Then have someone or an online tracking system. The way it is now is that some players are getting screwed playing at a higher handicap and some players that have a high handicap are playing with a lower handicap depending on where they're playing. Maybe there is some favouritism going on, i don't know.

I think the weekly handicaps at Shooters are the same handicaps as the 404. I know Silvertip is a bit different, sometimes players are 2 handicaps lower during the 404 as they are playing on Friday or Sunday.

CarlinSanderson
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by D_Lewis View Post

Brittany Bryant
Carlin Sanderson
Derek Sanderson

Alan Ada
Nito

Input?

Im not good enough, thats why...i am terrible lol

SpinDoctor
12-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Handicapped tournaments are always going to have issues with people being over/under handicapped. Unless the database of players is really deep and updated all the time it's virtually impossible to keep up.

I recall playing in an event at shooters years ago and losing to a guy who was a 6 in the finals, the director raised my handicap from a 9+1 to a 9+2 and left the guy who beat me alone. I guess its all about who you know....

D_Lewis
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Im not good enough, thats why...i am terrible lol

How do you make the cash in BOTH handicap levels?

I wish I was terrible and could take home teh cash.

Im calling it here first, Im going to win matches (more than one) this weekend. Book it!

jaycast16
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
some players tend to have a higher handicap during the weekly tournament at shooters because they want to learn,they want to improve their game.but when it comes to big tournaments like the 404 event,of course, they will play on their regular hanidcap .

D_Lewis
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
some players tend to have a higher handicap during the weekly tournament at shooters because they want to learn,they want to improve their game.but when it comes to big tournaments like the 404 event,of course, they will play on their regular hanidcap .

I have to agree with you there Jaypee, I know Alex Radomski has been steadily improving and bumping his own handicap in tournaments.

jaycast16
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
I have to agree with you there Jaypee, I know Alex Radomski has been steadily improving and bumping his own handicap in tournaments.
it is actually a good thing for an individual.when they told me they are going to bump me up on Wednesdy tourny,i didn't say a word.just play hard as you can..but when it comes to 404..it will be a different story

D_Lewis
12-07-2009, 11:02 PM
it is actually a good thing for an individual.when they told me they are going to bump me up on Wednesdy tourny,i didn't say a word.just play hard as you can..but when it comes to 404..it will be a different story

I had a few decent tournaments at Silver Tips when Rob was running them for Raph and he bumped me up 2 rankings in 2 weeks. When Raph came back he laughed and moved me back down.

For $20 once in a while, I could care less what my handicap is. But when we're talking the amount of money generated in the 404 and how seriously those guys take their handicap you have to look out for yourself.

I bet if every player was moved up one handicap without knowing that EVERY player was moved up, we would have a shortage of players in a hurry.

JD_Hogg
12-08-2009, 01:22 AM
For the 404 I don't think a regular players handicap should be raised until they at least get top 3.

lee brett
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
For the 404 I don't think a regular players handicap should be raised until they at least get top 3.

i agree jd, if you get in the top 3 you can be moved up, top 2 you go up, 3rd/4th you do that twice you go up, if you then struggle tough s h i t e play more lol.

horton129
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Handicaps should be the concern of only the tournament director. Dealing with your hadicap in pool is part of learning the game. Sandbaggers and guys who complain about their handicap will only hurt themselves. Dean said it best we should all strive to be elevens and play even no? All the arguments are based on senseless stats anyway. I play even with a guy and he beats me 7-0 in the 404 should his handicap be raist to a 10+1 if we were both ranked 7 of course not. were both still 7's its just the way it goes in nine ball (of course in the example above i won 7-0). Dan if everyone had to win back what they contributed, no one would learn anything;).