PDA

View Full Version : A View from Outside the Box

1-P
04-16-2003, 10:31 AM
I stumbled across this article that appeared in the Louisville Courier-Journal about the 2001 Derby City Classic.

http://www.courier-journal.com/features/2001/02/feature20010202.html

It presents a very interesting perspective on pool from someone outside of the game (Joe Q Public).

Anyone interested in fixing the "image of pool" could certainly use this as a stepping stone.

1-P

Chucklez65
04-16-2003, 11:21 AM
That was a pretty good read.

Thanks for posting it.

Chucklez65

Toad13
04-16-2003, 11:57 AM
It's amazing how bad the game can look from the outside. This guy has no clue what it is really like. Sure there is the bad element in pool but there is the same in every sport. All major sports have had some kind of scandal, and the part about hustling. I have a hard time believing that people that can't hold a cue play in this tournament. There are bad gamblers everywhere why do you think that Vegas is still around. I have spent the first five years of my marriage trying to convince my wife that pool is not that shady dark room image that she has in her mind. Every sport has its problems leave pool alone. Oh and by the way it sounds like this event has been going on for a while, someone has to be making some money. Hotels, restaurnats, bars shoot the ATM machines probally made a small fortune that week at 2.00 a shot. There is no reason these articles should be printed let someone from the inside write about the tournaments. Sorry I keep rambling thanks for posting the article. Toad