PDA

View Full Version : Pool Halls near Downtown Toronto

jayrox
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Any good places to play near downtown...I have a week of training in Toronto the first week of March. I only know of Danny Green Billiards near Danforth and Greenwood....any others around that area?

Jason

seether
02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I thought that when i google street view the streets danforth and greenwood that i seen a small pub a couple of stores down from danny greens that also had a pool table there... and there is pool there.

meximan2469
02-18-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP Billiards is just around the corner from Dundas Square. They have a bunch of decent 9" Black Crowns, Also if you get bored playing pool you are literally a couple of buildings down from the Zanzibar.:cool:

Dave

The Beginner
02-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Any good places to play near downtown...I have a week of training in Toronto the first week of March. I only know of Danny Green Billiards near Danforth and Greenwood....any others around that area?

Jason

Bathurst and Bloor...ANNEX BILLIARDS...

nathandumoulin
02-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Bathurst and Bloor...ANNEX BILLIARDS...

This is where I play, although I have yet to see a single non-snooker player who can run 3 balls in a row there. I would absolutely love to meet someone decent to shoot racks with there regularly.

They also just re clothed all the tables with Simonis last week, so it's a decent spot now. I'm starting to play again, so I'll be headed there more often over the next while.

jayrox
02-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Has anyone played in the Thursday night 9-ball tournament at Danny Greens?

What's the entry fee and what is the competition like?

Do any of the other clubs noted here offer mid-week tournaments?

xpatcan1
02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
This is where I play, although I have yet to see a single non-snooker player who can run 3 balls in a row there. I would absolutely love to meet someone decent to shoot racks with there regularly.

They also just re clothed all the tables with Simonis last week, so it's a decent spot now. I'm starting to play again, so I'll be headed there more often over the next while.

you need to get to silver tips or shooters lots of guys that can shoot playing out of these 2 rooms.

cueboy007
02-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Aren't those table 8 feet?
For some reason, I felt they are smaller last time I played.
I'd go there too,but parking is a pain in the ars.

seether
02-19-2010, 05:24 PM

I dont live in Torronto,but i do play a good game of pool.....

nathandumoulin
02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
you need to get to silver tips or shooters lots of guys that can shoot playing out of these 2 rooms.

I've been to shooters. I asked a few guys to play races, but no one would play me. I haven't been back since.

To clarify, I haven't been back since because its three times farther to drive than Annex Billiards.

They have two 8-footers there, eight 9-footers, and eight snooker tables. The place was a total dive previous to 2 weeks ago, but now that the tables have been reclothed and re leveled, they play decent. The rails are still dead, but I dont mind that, as I dont practice banks or kicks when Im playing by myself anyway.

jayrox
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
I am going to try to get out a couple of times this week...depending on what is expected of me in my training.

I am thinking of trying Annex on Tuesday and Shooters on Wednesday. I would also like to give the Thursday 9-ball tournament at Greens a go

teedotaj
02-21-2010, 09:27 AM

there's 2 8 footers. the rest are 9's.
and yea they were reclothed. i still don't like the rails though. but you can't beat annex price :P

Danktrees
02-21-2010, 11:20 AM
whats their pricing? spot 10 bucks for 8 hours during the day. times square 12 bucks for 14 hours on weds and sunday.

teedotaj
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
whats their pricing? spot 10 bucks for 8 hours during the day. times square 12 bucks for 14 hours on weds and sunday.

i thought le spot raised it to 20? i think annex is 2.50/hour before six weekdays. after six not sure but i think 6/hour.

Danktrees
02-21-2010, 03:20 PM
i thought le spot raised it to 20? i think annex is 2.50/hour before six weekdays. after six not sure but i think 6/hour.

it's 10 for 1 person 20 for 2 or more.

Jason Robichaud
02-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I've been to shooters. I asked a few guys to play races, but no one would play me. I haven't been back since.

To clarify, I haven't been back since because its three times farther to drive than Annex Billiards.

They have two 8-footers there, eight 9-footers, and eight snooker tables. The place was a total dive previous to 2 weeks ago, but now that the tables have been reclothed and re leveled, they play decent. The rails are still dead, but I dont mind that, as I dont practice banks or kicks when Im playing by myself anyway.

Don't you play shape? Unless you are awesome, rails are a big part of shape.:wink:

nathandumoulin
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Don't you play shape? Unless you are awesome, rails are a big part of shape.:wink:

lol, the rails are bad, but they arent THAT bad. lol

But no. I just bang balls around. Still learning. :p