PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself

9bizzle
03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and want to say hi to everybody. I've been trolling this site for years, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. My name is Brett, I'm 41 and live in Walker, MI...better known as Jason Kirkwoods hometown. I've been playing for about 12 years, but got much more serious about the game about 5 years ago. I play mostly at home with a friend, alternating between his 8' table and my 9'. We used to go out and play, but the smoke really started bothering my buddy, so we just decided to play at our houses. (cheaper anyway)

I, like all of you, find the game to be beautiful and fascinating, as well as totally addictive. I've learned much from this site, and I hope I can give back from time to time. :smile:

Grilled Cheese
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Welcome.

By the way, the correct term is you've been lurking on the forum for years. Trolling is something else (negative).

:wink:

9bizzle
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah, my bad, trolling is when you act like an @$$ on somebody elses forum. I see it quite a bit on the MLB forums.

NineballBEN
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

12310bch
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
"Let me introduce myself , I'm a man of wealth and taste." Sorry, couldn't help remembering The Stones great line. Welcome to the Forum. Do you suddenly feel like there is a bullseye on your back? Jut kidding. Glad your here.:wave3:

cuejunkie
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
see you around and looking forward to future posts

Cuebuddy
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow thats a impressive collection of equipment your sporting.

Cues;
Predator Willie Hoppe tribute w/z2
Original Willie Hoppe Professional
Rich Benson Ebony 4 point w/ivory
Pechauer
Andy V. Custom
14 one-piece Titlists begging to be converted
3 Harold Worst signature cues made right here
in Grand Rapids

Table;
100 year old Brunswick Wellington 9'

I have been trying to land a Harold Worst for ten years now....I am jealous:wink: Welcome.

DogsPlayingPool
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the madness. The bathrooms are in the main forum, down the hall on the left. Trash is picked up on Mondays.

See Jay Helfert for your bunk assignment.

Neil
03-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Hank
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
This place is nuts!So much to learn,and your only 41.Your game just went up 2 balls.ENJOY my friend!>>HANK<<

12squared
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome. Love your avatar of the Tiger's logo, I grew up just outside of Detroit but have not lived there since late 1976. STill love the Tigers!

Dave

JoeyA
03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and want to say hi to everybody. I've been trolling this site for years, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. My name is Brett, I'm 41 and live in Walker, MI...better known as Jason Kirkwoods hometown. I've been playing for about 12 years, but got much more serious about the game about 5 years ago. I play mostly at home with a friend, alternating between his 8' table and my 9'. We used to go out and play, but the smoke really started bothering my buddy, so we just decided to play at our houses. (cheaper anyway)

I, like all of you, find the game to be beautiful and fascinating, as well as totally addictive. I've learned much from this site, and I hope I can give back from time to time. :smile:

That's a real nice introduction, Brett. Hope you stay around a long time. Contribute whenever you feel like it.

Don't forget to give us the skinny on Kirkwood and what's happening with him.

JoeyA

Tramp Steamer
03-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Glad you're here. The nurses go off duty at 9:30 and that's when the fun really starts. Helfert snuck in a deck of playing cards last night and we stayed up until almost midnight playing slapjack. Someone told a joke about a dog licking himself and we laughed so loud an orderly came in and made us all go to bed. They have French toast on Thursday mornings. :boring2:

9bizzle
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome!!!

Cuebuddy, you could possibly talk me out of one of those cues. They are nothing special as far as cues go, but I believe they are quite rare. I had a friend who was selling his billiards store and those were among some of the treasures he sold me from the back room.:wink:

Neil, we used to play up at the Break Room back when it was called Club North. I was in the tourney there a couple of times. Alot of monster players to contend with there!!! I grew up a mile from Anazeh Sands west and hung out there when I was younger. If you think of it, could you tell J. Kirkwood Brett and Tim said hi. The last time I saw him was when he came over to play around the time of that IPT debacle. That guy can drink some pool and shoot some beer. :eek:

Dave, I'm a Detroit Tiger FREAK!!!

original palmer
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Welcome aboard from one newbie to another :)

curlyscues
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome!!!

Cuebuddy, you could possibly talk me out of one of those cues. They are nothing special as far as cues go, but I believe they are quite rare. I had a friend who was selling his billiards store and those were among some of the treasures he sold me from the back room.:wink:

Neil, we used to play up at the Break Room back when it was called Club North. I was in the tourney there a couple of times. Alot of monster players to contend with there!!! I grew up a mile from Anazeh Sands west and hung out there when I was younger. If you think of it, could you tell J. Kirkwood Brett and Tim said hi. The last time I saw him was when he came over to play around the time of that IPT debacle. That guy can drink some pool and shoot some beer. :eek:

Dave, I'm a Detroit Tiger FREAK!!!

hi brett,
what table did you play on at west? and was i nice to you, or was i an a$$? it could have gone either way as the place used to drive me nuts. i did 3rd there during that time.
M.C.

Big_H515
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Glad you're here. The nurses go off duty at 9:30 and that's when the fun really starts. Helfert snuck in a deck of playing cards last night and we stayed up until almost midnight playing slapjack. Someone told a joke about a dog licking himself and we laughed so loud an orderly came in and made us all go to bed. They have French toast on Thursday mornings. :boring2:

The joke was...two farmers were sitting on a porch, one looked at the others dog which was licking himself. He looked to the other farmer and said, "wish I could do that." the other said, "don't you think you should ask him first."

butterflycues
03-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Read your private messages. Butterflycues

jonesy
03-11-2010, 04:56 AM
welcome to the forum:grin:

eaglemanmike
03-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Welcome aboard! Let the addiction begin !

CreeDo
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Can we call you 9beezy?

9bizzle
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
hi brett,
what table did you play on at west? and was i nice to you, or was i an a$$? it could have gone either way as the place used to drive me nuts. i did 3rd there during that time.
M.C.

I played on the smallest table that was available back in those days. I'm sure you were nice enough because we were never up there looking for trouble but it always seemed like there was trouble about to happen at any time at that place.

9bizzle
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Can we call you 9beezy?

I don't know why not, I've been called worse.:eek:

Scott Lee
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Brett...Welcome to the forums, from a fellow Michigander! Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! :grin:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

9bizzle
03-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Brett...Welcome to the forums, from a fellow Michigander! Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! :grin:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hey Scott, I am starting up a business in Battle Creek so I could definitely see us hooking up for some lessons in the future!!!

berlowmj2
03-12-2010, 10:34 PM

Quite a cue addiction as well. For play or investment?

9bizzle
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Quite a cue addiction as well. For play or investment?

I used to play with the Benson mainly but went the way of low deflection, so I pretty much play with the Predator exclusively. Some of the Titlists are going to be converted, but I will be sure to keep some of the nicer ones to display for nostalgia's sake. Any cue in my house would be at risk of being used though, that's just the way I am. I got all the antique cues in one lucky purchase with the intention of converting some, but with no intention of profit.