PDA

View Full Version : What is your level?

Calgaryplayer
03-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Based on "Hopkins Q Skill Challenge", what is your current Level and Scores (number of balls in 10 Innings)?

http://www.sunburstselect.com/PBReview/HopkinsQSkill.htm

Neil
03-10-2010, 10:13 PM

DelaWho???
03-11-2010, 05:15 AM
My personal best is a 624 on a 7' Diamond Pro/Am with tourney cut pockets

:cool:

measureman
03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know about tests. Years ago i played very good. Now that I'm older and don't play a lot i can still put a few 9 ball racks together and run 40 balls or so in straight pool once in a while.I think if i had the drive and desire to get back in dead stroke again i could probably play better but i don't have the desire anymore.

JAW725
03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Hello,

I think that sounds a little easy, I've seen better tests that I think may be more accurate at determining a players true abilities, like the PATs. I think I'm breaking into B territory, I'm starting to first attempt a good amount now.

crawfish
03-11-2010, 09:21 PM
All those tests don't mean a bag of testes to me. When someone hits you with a five pack for a grand and you're playing ten ahead..... how do you react? That will show me.

The difference between a good player and a player is . . . well? Huh?

Fading the packs.

Hell, every swinging di#$ in the world can make balls and run racks. Just like the line in a Clint Eastwood movie from Gene Hackman. "Yeah, he's fast when there ain't nobody shooting back at him."

You know, that was quite philosophical if I do say so myself.

measureman
03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
All those tests don't mean a bag of testes to me. When someone hits you with a five pack for a grand and you're playing ten ahead..... how do you react? That will show me.

The difference between a good player and a player is . . . well? Huh?

Fading the packs.

Hell, every swinging di#$ in the world can make balls and run racks. Just like the line in a Clint Eastwood movie from Gene Hackman. "Yeah, he's fast when there ain't nobody shooting back at him."

You know, that was quite philosophical if I do say so myself.

I started playing pool in the early '60s in Jersey. I saw most of the great ones and close to great ones.Some held their speed very well and some did not. So when making a bet on a game the fact of how well do they hold up was always an important factor on who to bet on.

xtrmbrdr
03-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Yup, I'm horrible, this test just reinforced the fact :frown: