PDA

View Full Version : Why?

bumpypickle
03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Why would a person or group of people ever create a site as difficult to navigate as this one? I swear guys, this is ridiculous.

hivoltg
03-12-2010, 01:45 AM
What seems to be the problem you're having?:confused:

12310bch
03-12-2010, 02:52 AM
?????????????

PURR1965
03-12-2010, 03:05 AM
You have over 200 posts an itader and post this?
maybe try a differnet site
GL
Din

JimS
03-12-2010, 05:06 AM
:groucho::groucho::groucho:You have over 200 posts an itader and post this?
GL
Din

Elephant Man
03-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Yah. This site is so hard to navigate I can't figure out what the OP is talking about! :angry:

"CaliRed".
03-12-2010, 06:19 AM
------------>TROLL ALERT<-----------------

Don't get sucked in!

metallicane
03-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I have seen far more difficult sites to navigate. This one is cake.

Pushout
03-12-2010, 08:05 AM
What seems to be the problem? I've been here since 2006 and never had any problem. What browser are you using??

CreeDo
03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
If you're talking about the forums, the vbulletin software is licensed and a lot of people happily pay for it, because it's great. It's very customizable and it's not difficult to read, reply to, or create posts. I'm not really sure how anyone could have trouble with the forums.

If you're talking about the rest of azbilliards (a lot of us forget there is a rest-of-azb)... it's a little busy but I can see the navigation stuff at the top pretty clearly.

What were you looking for that you had trouble finding?

billbOK
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Why would a person or group of people ever create a site as difficult to navigate as this one? I swear guys, this is ridiculous.

Natural selection :thumbup:

jay helfert
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM

Quit being such a bumpy pickle! :poke:

KoolKat9Lives
03-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Double the dose bumpy, your synapses need new spark plugs.

:smile:

poolhustler
03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I am also curious what difficulty you are having. I have never had an issue.......

Woof Biscuit
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
vbulletin is the nuts! Try some of the others like drupal, etc. and see how much you like it.

bumpypickle
03-12-2010, 12:35 PM
What seems to be the problem you're having?:confused:

I guess I just don't understand why there are not more "to do this" type of links or whatever you call them. I am trying to find past threads started by a certain user. I have found this feature before but now after trying what seems like everything I can't. I don't think what I am trying to do is difficult and it should be obvious how. Trying to figure this out shouldn't be a part of doing it.

bumpypickle
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
You have over 200 posts an itader and post this?
GL
Din

Yes I posted this. Posting stuff on this site is easy, so what. You shouldn't have to figure things out, it should be easy.

bumpypickle
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I have seen far more difficult sites to navigate. This one is cake.

My point exactly. Why is this one difficult at all?

WoodyJ
03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I guess I just don't understand why there are not more "to do this" type of links or whatever you call them. I am trying to find past threads started by a certain user. I have found this feature before but now after trying what seems like everything I can't. I don't think what I am trying to do is difficult and it should be obvious how. Trying to figure this out shouldn't be a part of doing it.

IIRC to find past threads started by a certain user: go to community above, select members list, search for the particular user, go to their profile and then look up what you wanted.

Blue Hog ridr
03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I am trying to find past threads started by a certain user.

Click on Search/Advanced Search.
Option to find posts by User name.
You have to logged in to use the Advanced Search feature.

hangemhigh
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Go to the members proflie page, select statistics, and then select find all threads started by that member. I think you can access the last 1000 threads they posted.

ftgokie
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Trust me on this, after 2 yrs and about 5000 post, it will be easier...it just takes time :kiss:

bumpypickle
03-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Go to the members proflie page, select statistics, and then select find all threads started by that member. I think you can access the last 1000 threads they posted.

Thank you. The "select statistics " was the thing that was missing. That's what I mean, how would I know to look under that?

woody_968
03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
, how would I know to look under that?

By stating that question in the original post instead of complaining about a wonderful site that is provided to us at no charge :thumbup:

Str8PoolMan
03-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say, is that the Help features of the site are lacking. In other words, where would one go to find out how to do things like find past threads started by a certain user.

A few help pages, links, or instructional threads would go a long way to making the site easier to navigate and find what you want. Especially to those new to forums and/or the vBulletin software.

junkbond
03-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Go to the tabs below the masthead and click on FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). It tells you how to search for posts by user name and many other things. All forums have a FAQ and that's the place to start. The one on this forum is better than most.

CreeDo
03-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I also agree putting "find all posts by _____" could be easier to find. It took me a minute to find it under statistics also.

And searching for users is tedious too. I should be able to go to the search box, type in a username (without any particular search term) and it brings up that username as a result or a list of similar users.

Last gripe: the search has had a bug forever, and I don't know if it'll ever be fixed... but if you search for multiple terms, the results for a logged-in user are different (and worse) than the results for a logged-out user.

TXsouthpaw
03-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Thank you. The "select statistics " was the thing that was missing. That's what I mean, how would I know to look under that?

By clicking on it and finding out what happends Einsten. It aint rocket science.

The sites free and youve bought or sold stuff cause u got itrader. A little fishing around aint gonna kill you.

breaknrun
03-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I think the problem your having is somewhere between your keyboard and your chair.

P.S. Thanks AZB for the FREE site!

TheBook
03-13-2010, 10:52 AM
If you are having a problem on this site I would love to get you on a pool table.

accustatsfan
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Quit being such a bumpy pickle! :poke:

For some reason that's the funniest line I've heard in awhile.

I got here, but I don't remember how to get out.

rebooting lol

Hidy Ho
03-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Get ejucated ...

HIdy Ho <-- mind is a great thing to waste

bumpypickle
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Go to the tabs below the masthead and click on FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). It tells you how to search for posts by user name and many other things. All forums have a FAQ and that's the place to start. The one on this forum is better than most.

What are tabs and what is the masthead? Turn left at the 3rd tree on the right after the fourth streetlight past the bent stop sign just before the Sizzler. If you pass the Sizzler you have to take a left at the next light then make a U turn at the next light then get in the middle lane and stay there for 769 feet and then merge into the right lane and slow to 24 mph but not until you pass over the train tracks. After lifting your feet while going over the tracks there will be a sharp turn to the left and that is where you make a right into the Sizzler.

hivoltg
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
What are tabs and what is the masthead? Turn left at the 3rd tree on the right after the fourth streetlight past the bent stop sign just before the Sizzler. If you pass the Sizzler you have to take a left at the next light then make a U turn at the next light then get in the middle lane and stay there for 769 feet and then merge into the right lane and slow to 24 mph but not until you pass over the train tracks. After lifting your feet while going over the tracks there will be a sharp turn to the left and that is where you make a right into the Sizzler.

The top of the page Bumpy. There are tabs that will link you to different areas of the site. The one that is labeled FAQ is what he was referring to:thumbup:

iusedtoberich
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
If you are having a problem on this site I would love to get you on a pool table.

Careful what you wish for. Some of the best players in the world have trouble with forums and computer use in general.

ScottR
03-15-2010, 06:56 AM
You guys are all mean to the OP and I would give you negative feedback if I could figure out how to do that. :D

Scott

Ponytail
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
I think what the OP is trying to say, is that the Help features of the site are lacking. In other words, where would one go to find out how to do things like find past threads started by a certain user.

A few help pages, links, or instructional threads would go a long way to making the site easier to navigate and find what you want. Especially to those new to forums and/or the vBulletin software.

You know.. of all the help pages I've read, and FAQ's I've gone over.. (and I'm talking all sites, not just AZB) very rarely has my specific inquiry been one of the things listed. No matter how simple/obvious I may have thought it was.
Help pages (and there are help pages here...) will only cover so much. You'll never be able to get any/all inquiries. Asking questions instead of griping is usually the fastest way to get the info you want.

The OP posted a very ambiguous statement to start this all off, leaving people wondering what the OP was trying to do, and if they could help.

If you're wanting to gripe. Fine. Gripe. But you may want to explain your gripe instead of just making a generic "this site sux" type of statement, with no clarification.

Just my $.02

MOJOE
03-15-2010, 07:15 AM
PEBCAC.... Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer..;)

TheBook
03-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Careful what you wish for. Some of the best players in the world have trouble with forums and computer use in general.

I know what you mean. but it all depends on how you look at the response. It could be read as he would dead money or he would be a good person to meet and become a pool partner. :scratchhead: :shrug: :winknudge: :indecisive: :yeah: