PDA

View Full Version : SBE what are you going to buy

kaznj
03-12-2010, 06:34 AM
It is less than a week away. Are you planning to buy anything in particular? Do you just window shop and look for new and interesting things to buy?
I don't NEED anything, but I love to find new things. I'm hoping there will be something new and exciting. I want to help stimulate the economy.

I'm looking for that one item that guarantees improvement. Buy this one item and you will be running racks in just two weeks. Pocket like a pro. Never get hooked again. The best aiming system. All for just one low price. It has to be there. I hope I find it this year.
:rolleyes:

dr9ball
03-12-2010, 06:36 AM
It is less than a week away. Are you planning to buy anything in particular? Do you just window shop and look for new and interesting things to buy?
I don't NEED anything, but I love to find new things. I'm hoping there will be something new and exciting. I want to help stimulate the economy.

I'm looking for that one item that guarantees improvement. Buy this one item and you will be running racks in just two weeks. Pocket like a pro. Never get hooked again. The best aiming system. All for just one low price. It has to be there. I hope I find it this year.

Your humor is admirable :cool:

Murray Tucker
03-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Beer and Crown Royal.

CMD
03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
I am buying a brand new Diamond Pro-Am table. I also want to trade my Black Boar.

Chris

metallicane
03-12-2010, 07:00 AM
I am picking up my new case. Can't wait.

mair23
03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Will pick up at least 2 new cues, maybe more - will see :grin:
Erich

ctyhntr
03-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Kaznj,

Your search is over, here is one item that has guaranteed improvement written all over it; literally and figuratively. Just add practice and dedication (not included, sold separately). Available at any book vendor attending SBE.

MikeM
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Beer and Crown Royal.

^^
THIS

and maybe a Justis 3x6. Been wanting one for years and this may be the year. I'll also be bringing a bunch of cues to sell/trade.

See you there.

Mike

kaznj
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
cty, I have that book. It is great. Excellent drills. Good advice. Joe Tucker puts out some good stuff. I'm hoping he will be there at the expo.

Predator5K4
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Anything TAR has that I don't have already.

deebee53
03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I want a nice 3 x 6 case and a OB classic shaft.

I can afford neither though . . . :(

TheBook
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM

The most best and most expensive cue stick made. If it is the best it must be guaranteed to never miss.

kaznj
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Thebook, that is my feeling also. The more it costs the less likely to miss. If I had a Balabushka I would never miss. This is because I would have spent all money on the stick, so I couldn't afford to go to the pool hall. If I can't get to the pool hall I would never miss. Its a zen thing.

meximan2469
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
In the market for a new case, probably a few t-shirts and maybe a cue we'll see. I've got my eye on a few.

Robroy
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
In the market for a new case, probably a few t-shirts and maybe a cue we'll see. I've got my eye on a few.

As a vendor, this is a great thread; it is cool to see you excited about buying. As a player we know it is the best place to shop, tournaments have all the goodies.
Have Fun!

Robin

sfleinen
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
[...]
I've got my eye on a few.

Isn't that an old crooner's song?
...oh, that's "I've got my eye on you." Silly me. :D

HIRUN526
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Searing's, Showman's and Szamboti's!!!

Michael-Hoang
03-12-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm looking for that one item that guarantees improvement. Buy this one item and you will be running racks in just two weeks. Pocket like a pro. Never get hooked again. The best aiming system. All for just one low price. It has to be there. I hope I find it this year. :rolleyes:

We juuust received "that item" that you have been looking for. But you must get to our booth early as I am sure it will be sold out quickly. Only available at the SBE.

ctyhntr
03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I have the same book and I agree Joe Tucker puts out quality stuff. I recalled seeing Joe Tucker competing in the Pro tournament.

I'm planning on picking up one of the Sterling 4x8 cases with the new JB interior. Looking at some of these new fangled racks made of aluminum, paper, and plastic.

What's the matter with the stroke I'm using?
Can't you tell that your bridge is too wide?
Maybe I should buy a cue with a palmer clear butt collar?
Welcome back to the age of jive.
Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey?
You can't break a lick till you spend a lot of money.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new break jump stick
Funny, but it's still Valley Forge to me

What's the matter with my Mosconi stroke
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a copy of Pool Hall Junkies?
Would you rather watch Tom Cruise or Miracle Mile?
Nowadays you can't be too sentimental
Your best bet's a true set of Brunswick Centennials.
Hot funk, betting punk, even buying old junk
It's still Valley Forge for me.

Oh, it doesn't matter what they say in the APA
'Cause it's always been the same old scene.
There's a new laminated tip in town
But you can't buy it yet, just a story in a magazine...
Aimed at your average D

How about a pair of pink side table cue holders
And using a snooker stance?
You could really be Johnny Archer baby
If you just give SPF half a chance.
Don't waste your money on a new motivational speakers,
You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers.
Next phase, 10-ball wave, rack craze, anyways
It's still Valley Forge to me

What's the matter with the bar league crowd I'm seeing?
Don't you know that they're out of touch?
Should I try to be a straight pool student?
If you are then you think too much.
Don't you know about the new rack honey?
All you need are flashy moves and a whole lotta money.
It's the next phase, 10-ball wave, rack craze, anyways
It's still Valley Forge to to me.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new 9-ball rules

cty, I have that book. It is great. Excellent drills. Good advice. Joe Tucker puts out some good stuff. I'm hoping he will be there at the expo.

Murray Tucker
03-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Never heard of them. Better than a Meucci?

Danktrees
03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
gonna go pick up my DS...very excited!

JB Cases
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I will definitely be buying MORE POOL SHIRTS - I know I will buy some from RunOut Sports Wear, I will buy some from PoolTees and from RideTheNine. I will absolutely buy one from the SBE booth.

Other than that I will probably buy some lunch, dinner, breakfast for hungry pool players when I lose a little bit on the challenge tables.

I will probably buy some books or dvds - I doubt that this will be for sale there but I would like to buy the Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots.

If anyone wants to buy something from us then come visit me here:

http://www.jbcases.com/SBE-Booth-Map.jpg

ruzel78
03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
To someone that has never been, is there a noticeable price difference?

For example, the average price range you can find a Mezz Power Break II online is between 320-350. At the expo would there be a big difference?

TheBook
03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
To someone that has never been, is there a noticeable price difference?

For example, the average price range you can find a Mezz Power Break II online is between 320-350. At the expo would there be a big difference?

The difference is you can compare products, meet the sellers, take it with you and don't have to worry about being ripped off by some scammer or getting "lost" in the mail. Always nice to talk with the vendors and know who you are dealing with.

Tikkitavi
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Why would you want any of those? I heard the hot new thing is a Big Daddy cue. Appletini anyone? You guys should make your first toast to Barry Lovern. (The Irishman who created that concoction.)

JB Cases
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
The difference is you can compare products, meet the sellers, take it with you and don't have to worry about being ripped off by some scammer or getting "lost" in the mail. Always nice to talk with the vendors and know who you are dealing with.

Exactly. And from the vendor's perspective you get to meet your customers and shake hands on a deal well done. You make friends and look forward to seeing them next year.

I am delivering several cases and other items to my customers and friends at the show and I am SO HAPPY about it because the feeling I get when I hand someone the case that they have been waiting for and seeing the their eyes light up is really incomparable.

You might save a few bucks buying off the web but you will never replace the feeling you get when you are able to select from hundreds of cues and cases, compare them, talk to the makers and sellers and ultimately get what you are sure of.

HarleyKR07
03-12-2010, 10:08 PM
gonna go pick up my DS...very excited!

Cedric,Why would you buy a Nintendo product at the SBE?? I never knew they had a booth! ;):thumbup:

theblemishedone
03-13-2010, 06:27 AM
I will be in the pit playing and sweating. I will also be purchasing my new cue as well as getting a cue verified.

Kickin' Chicken
03-13-2010, 07:04 AM
I have the same book and I agree Joe Tucker puts out quality stuff. I recalled seeing Joe Tucker competing in the Pro tournament.

I'm planning on picking up one of the Sterling 4x8 cases with the new JB interior. Looking at some of these new fangled racks made of aluminum, paper, and plastic.

What's the matter with the stroke I'm using?
Can't you tell that your bridge is too wide?
Maybe I should buy a cue with a palmer clear butt collar?
Welcome back to the age of jive.
Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey?
You can't break a lick till you spend a lot of money.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new break jump stick

What's the matter with my Mosconi stroke
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a copy of Pool Hall Junkies?
Would you rather watch Tom Cruise or Miracle Mile?
Nowadays you can't be too sentimental
Your best bet's a true set of Brunswick Centennials.
Hot funk, betting punk, even buying old junk
It's still Valley Forge for me.

Oh, it doesn't matter what they say in the APA
'Cause it's always been the same old scene.
There's a new laminated tip in town
But you can't buy it yet, just a story in a magazine...
Aimed at your average D

How about a pair of pink side table cue holders
And using a snooker stance?
You could really be Johnny Archer baby
If you just give SPF half a chance.
Don't waste your money on a new motivational speakers,
You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers.
Next phase, 10-ball wave, rack craze, anyways
It's still Valley Forge to me

What's the matter with the bar league crowd I'm seeing?
Don't you know that they're out of touch?
Should I try to be a straight pool student?
If you are then you think too much.
Don't you know about the new rack honey?
All you need are flashy moves and a whole lotta money.
It's the next phase, 10-ball wave, rack craze, anyways
It's still Valley Forge to to me.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new 9-ball rules

This is brilliant!!!

Now I'll be humming it all weekend. :grin:

CTYHNTR, did you write this?

KC

ctyhntr
03-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Billy Joel wrote and sung the original, I just parodied. You may also enjoy these as well.

Laverne and Shirley
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=153611

YMCA
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=147955

Harper Valley PTA
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=152420

This is brilliant!!!

Now I'll be humming it all weekend. :grin:

CTYHNTR, did you write this?

KC

skip
03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Need to buy a new pair of eye glass, then my game should go up a least one ball.

Kickin' Chicken
03-13-2010, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=ctyhntr;2319297]Billy Joel wrote and sung the original, I just parodied. \

definitely made the billy joel connection. you parodied real nice. those others were great, as well.

regards,
kc