PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIS Case with a JB Cases interior.

Ken_4fun
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I have an old Jack Justis case that had the tubes. I sent it to John from JB Cases to give it a new interior.

I JUST GOT IT BACK. OMG, IT IS AMAZING!

It is lighter and the shafts fit snuggly. I highly recommend the conversion. I let John use my case to make a pattern and he should be able to do this fairly quickly and easier now that he has gone through it once.

Thanks John for excellent work. :thumbup:

Ken

irish
03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Pictures? Please?

ftgokie
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I have an old Jack Justis case that had the tubes. I sent it to John from JB Cases to give it a new interior.

It is lighter and the shafts fit snuggly. I highly recommend the conversion. I let John use my case to make a pattern and he should be able to do this fairly quickly and easier now that he has gone through it once.

Ken

Thanks Ken for reminding me...I need to contact John to get a case for my Justis. I was going to get one when I met John in Jan but he had sold them all.......and I agree, I think this is the next best thing since buttered bread!

Shawn

Fast Lenny
03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I got to see one first hand recently and have to say it looked great and much improved, would be cool if John and Jack would work together and John could provide the interiors for Jacks cases. :smile:

manwon
03-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I got to see one first hand recently and have to say it looked great and much improved, would be cool if John and Jack would work together and John could provide the interiors for Jacks cases. :smile:

would be cool if John and Jack would work together and John could provide the interiors for Jacks cases.

I suppose anything is possible, they say it rained fish once!!!!!:smile:

JIMO

DrOnePocket
03-12-2010, 04:58 PM

I agree 100%

Congrats on the case!

Rich93
03-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I installed the JB interior in my Justis and I'm very pleased with the result. It's a terrific interior, very protective. John's video made the installation pretty simple, even for a klutz like me.

That being said, in fairness to Jack I should also say that I have received a lot of compliments on my Justis, even though it's probably one of the plainest Jack ever made. To paraphrase Rogan/Strickland, it's a beautiful case carried by an ugly player.

JB Cases
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Ken

My pleasure. Thank you for letting us play with it.

That's happening now. Jack builds the cases the way he wants to and anyone who wants a different choice for their cue protection can contact us.

I installed the JB interior in my Justis and I'm very pleased with the result. It's a terrific interior, very protective. John's video made the installation pretty simple, even for a klutz like me.

That being said, in fairness to Jack I should also say that I have received a lot of compliments on my Justis, even though it's probably one of the plainest Jack ever made. To paraphrase Rogan/Strickland, it's a beautiful case carried by an ugly player.

That's the whole thing in a nutshell. With this solution you get the compliments on the look of the case and the protection that puts your mind at ease. Jack builds a very clean case with his own unique style. It's easily recognizable among cases and should get compliments.

If anyone wants to replace their stock Justis liner with one of ours then I might have a few available at the upcoming Super Billiards Exo for the 2x4 size. I won't have any for the multi-tube cases nor for the 3x6.

And of course I have to remind everyone that does this that Jack has stated that replacing the interior in a Justis voids the warranty on his case. So please keep that in mind if you do decide you want a JB interior for your Justis case.

Ken_4fun
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
John -

Please post some estimated prices for the conversion. My mailbox keeps filling with questions.

If you are looking for my opinion feel free to send PM me or ask here. For questions for John (price and delivery etc) please ask him directly.

Thanks again

Ken

JB Cases
03-12-2010, 06:20 PM
John -

Please post some estimated prices for the conversion. My mailbox keeps filling with questions.

If you are looking for my opinion feel free to send PM me or ask here. For questions for John (price and delivery etc) please ask him directly.

Thanks again

Ken

Well, I sent you the case and didn't even take pictures or do a video. :-(

But here is the breakdown,

To convert your case we simply put our tube with JB UltraPad interior into your case and made a new piece for the lid so that it matches our tube size. We replaced the nails with our barbed nails and that's it.

So the price to do the conversion is $100 for the new interior and cap. Shipping is $75 from us to anywhere in the world. How the case gets to us is on the customer.

I will be in Valley Forge next week and will take all the Justis cases back with me that I receive.

If I have to pay extra in weight charges then I will divide those charges up among the cases I am taking back and charge accordingly.

I will also SEND anyone our interior made to size with a new cap piece but we cannot color match the leather with this option.

The price for this option is $165. I will need your exact measurements for the interior length.

mamono
03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Progress is good, that's nice.

sengkun108
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Would you kind enough to post us the pics of case here Ken, i'm looking for 2x4 or 2x5 case to my cue:)

Hi John, how about a Murnak case with JB interior, is that possible for you to work it out? By The Way I really like your chocolate lover case, i'm considering to have it in the future.:)

Best
Dedy (Indonesia)

JB Cases
03-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Would you kind enough to post us the pics of case here Ken, i'm looking for 2x4 or 2x5 case to my cue:)

Hi John, how about a Murnak case with JB interior, is that possible for you to work it out? By The Way I really like your chocolate lover case, i'm considering to have it in the future.:)

Best
Dedy (Indonesia)

On Murnak......I'd be willing to try it. I have a Murnak 3x6 and I just took the tubes out and replaced it with our 4x8 and it fit. I would add some foam rubber around the tube to fill out the case in between the outer shell and the tube to make a nicer fit.

I would guess that if you have a Murnak 2x4 then our 3x6 tube would likely fit.

Based on the Murnak I have here I'd have to charge about $125 to retrofit it with a JB Interior. Not including shipping. When I was done the case would fit tightly to the shell with no loose spots and the nails would be changed to our barbed ones.

I make no promises however until I can see the case in person. Just too many variables to be able to say I can do a retrofit on a Murnak without having it in hand.

crmdog
03-13-2010, 03:14 AM
I actually had my cues fall out of my old Justis interior while getting out of a cab because the top was not properly secured. After reading his posts, I emailed John and he was responsive and helpful. I installed the new JB interior following the steps in the video and it wasn't too tough. I will say that getting the original interior out took a bit more time and effort than I would have thought. The bottom line is I'm very happy with my new case. The great Justis look with JB's protection.

Jim Steck

CMD
03-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I am looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Chris

sengkun108
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks JB, I hope i will gain some profit from my project and i can use the money to buy some of your case:smile:

Best
Dedy (Indonesia)

Ken_4fun
03-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Guys -

My lovely wife just got the pictures taken and I have added them to the original post.

Let me know if you need anything else. :thumbup:

Ken

Big_H515
03-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Jack does make some beautiful cases, as does John. I myself have not owned a Justis (yet) however based on some stories and the way this one turned out, once I do get a Justis, I will definately be calling John for an interior swap I think Johns interiors offer the best protection for my cues and if i have the option, all my cases in the future will have these interiors.

That being said, I do own 3 JB cases. Two are the prototypes he was selling here, and now have a J. Flowers tribute which should be shipping my way early next week. I simply love the work/pricing/customer service that John put into each case. John, your work is truely amazing and as long as I own a cue you will have a customer in me.

Ken_4fun
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
For those who sent me emails and PM, I HAVE turned the case over and the cues stayed in the case....

:grin:

Ken