PDA

View Full Version : bought two cues and a case.

RobDeBank
03-13-2010, 06:59 AM
I just recently picked up a 3x6 black pretty standard case and with it the guy sold me an earl strickland cuetec and an embassy j/b cue. I paid 100$ canadian cash for everything and the guy even drove to meet me since he lived 25 mins or so away which was nice even tho I was gonna drive there. I really only wanted the case since I estimate it sells from probably around 200$ canadian new. It is in mint condition my only question is I have never heard of embassy and I have no idea what it is worth. I know it isn't much but, it doesn't look like anything special... any ideas on what I can sell it for at all? I know the strickland cue is 99.99 american.. soo I will prob just sell it to a friend for like 30$ canadian. did I get a really good deal or no? im just guessing on the cases worth.

n33njah
03-13-2010, 07:22 AM
I just recently picked up a 3x6 black pretty standard case and with it the guy sold me an earl strickland cuetec and an embassy j/b cue. I paid 100$ canadian cash for everything and the guy even drove to meet me since he lived 25 mins or so away which was nice even tho I was gonna drive there. I really only wanted the case since I estimate it sells from probably around 200$ canadian new. It is in mint condition my only question is I have never heard of embassy and I have no idea what it is worth. I know it isn't much but, it doesn't look like anything special... any ideas on what I can sell it for at all? I know the strickland cue is 99.99 american.. soo I will prob just sell it to a friend for like 30$ canadian. did I get a really good deal or no? im just guessing on the cases worth.

You got a pretty good deal, Though if it's a case similar to the one I had. Black vinyl with three diagonal butt tubes and then 2 sets of L shaped shaft tubes??? If that's the case it's about an 79.99 case [american] The embassay i'm not sure on but i imagine you could probably get between 50-75 [american] depending on the location and the style. The cuetec meh, Firewood? :D

Hope this helps because you did get a good deal as far as I can tell, though I admit my currency exchange program sucks. Cause i'm not sure the transitional rate between U.S. and Canadian.

RobDeBank
03-13-2010, 08:41 AM
It is actually the case you mentioned 79.99 american with taxes would be about 115$ canadian so I guess it is an alright deal since I needed the case and I will probably make 50-70$ dollars back if I sell the cues to friends. I wanna see how this cue breaks though before I do anything.

n33njah
03-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Those cases aren't bad at all, i bought mine along with a mike sigel J/B for like 115 cash so you got a good deal, besides you're gonna get a chance to recoop some money off of the deal by being able to sell both cues, good luck and nice hunting