PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick or Diamond.

Mainplayer
03-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Last night I jumped on the table with some guy in New England that plays pretty well. I was giving up a lot of weight but I don't think that came into play with how badly I played last night. We were playing on a Gold Crown 4, new cloth. Well with my bad conclusion. I was wondering if anybody plays badly on a brunswick compared to a Diamond. I know I personally play I feel ten time better on a diamond. I feel more comfortable, I see the patterns better. Easier to get position, and pocket ball better. Does anybody have this problem and which Table do you prefer.

jdxprs
03-13-2010, 08:27 AM
i dont have a problem with either, but i think the diamonds are tougher and i enjoy them more.

A-1 billiards
03-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Last night I jumped on the table with some guy in New England that plays pretty well. I was giving up a lot of weight but I don't think that came into play with how badly I played last night. We were playing on a Gold Crown 4, new cloth. Well with my bad conclusion. I was wondering if anybody plays badly on a brunswick compared to a Diamond. I know I personally play I feel ten time better on a diamond. I feel more comfortable, I see the patterns better. Easier to get position, and pocket ball better. Does anybody have this problem and which Table do you prefer.

Lighting, the balls used, how clean was the table? Their are many factors in the "playability" of a table, one of the things that Diamond does very effectively is selling an excellent light with most of their tables. I find the Diamonds play a little tighter and bank a little shorter, but with good lighting, 860 blue Simonis and Super Arimith pro balls the playing experience is very enjoyable.

Jay

Robroy
03-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Lighting, the balls used, how clean was the table? Their are many factors in the "playability" of a table, one of the things that Diamond does very effectively is selling an excellent light with most of their tables. I find the Diamonds play a little tighter and bank a little shorter, but with good lighting, 860 blue Simonis and Super Arimith pro balls the playing experience is very enjoyable.

Jay

I like Diamonds "Smart Table" it's an amazing table. I love my Gold Crown it plays great!
I watched last night the WPBA matches and it seemed they had to make adjustments banking balls, it showed up short most the time, not sure why.
I haven't played but a handful of times on one so I'm no expert for sure.

CreeDo
03-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Sup Mike. I think it's that lighting combined with the brighted cloth. You can just see everything really clearly. As long as you shoot straight enough to deal with the pockets missing an inch, you're good to go.

I think the table's quality is top notch but I find I like playing on something with regular bucket pockets. I haven't gotten so good at pool yet that I need to tighten up the pockets to make it interesting.

Fatboy
03-13-2010, 07:52 PM

first you need to learn to play-after that, then you'll like what I like.:p

stay in touch buddy

Fatboy
03-13-2010, 07:58 PM
seriously, I perfer the play of a GC for 3 reasons(very minor) I like the bevel of the rail so when I'm frozen to the rail I can bridge better, 2 I like the shallower shelf on a GC(because its easier to make a ball) and last is I like the bounce of the B-Wick rails.

However Diamond is a superior built table and the future of pool, period. Those 3 details are my issues and certainly not a knock on Diamond, I have a Pro-Am in my house. the Smart tables are the future for route operators.

Mainplayer....I just dont know.....;)