PDA

View Full Version : last night was funny

stouter2386
03-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Im sure this happends all the time but when it does who wouldnt like to brag about it....... Me and some of my team mates went out to play pool last night at our bar, we were having a great time until some of the other ppl from the bar wanted to start playing doubles against me and some of my friends. needless to say we where only there to have a good time until one of the guys started running his mouth saying that he could beat me with his eyes closed and blah blah blah. at this point im seriously thinking about turning on my game but i figured noo hes just a drunk and i probly shouldnt bother.BUT the guy just wouldnt shut up and i told him lets do this one on one. well after some nice cheese was laid into my pocket i felt great and he looked dumb and i was a hero for putting him in his place.... what a night. Oh and i forgot to say i dont think he liked the fact that im atleast 20 yrs younger than him.

MarcusG19
03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
dont you just love it when this happens?
My favorite thing to hear in a bar........"Do you wanna play for some money?"

jdxprs
03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
life is good!

poolplayer2093
03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Im sure this happends all the time but when it does who wouldnt like to brag about it....... Me and some of my team mates went out to play pool last night at our bar, we were having a great time until some of the other ppl from the bar wanted to start playing doubles against me and some of my friends. needless to say we where only there to have a good time until one of the guys started running his mouth saying that he could beat me with his eyes closed and blah blah blah. at this point im seriously thinking about turning on my game but i figured noo hes just a drunk and i probly shouldnt bother.BUT the guy just wouldnt shut up and i told him lets do this one on one. well after some nice cheese was laid into my pocket i felt great and he looked dumb and i was a hero for putting him in his place.... what a night. Oh and i forgot to say i dont think he liked the fact that im atleast 20 yrs younger than him.

how'd you play? what was the bet? it's always easier to scrounge around bars playing guys like that for gas money than it is going to pool halls trying to match up

stouter2386
03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
id say im a A-B player, and we played 8 ball, i should have laid off a bit cause i broke and ran 2 racks wich was the dumbest thing cause he quit shortly after but i had to put on a show lol, oh and it was 5 a game so it paid for some drinks for me and my friends

Andrew Manning
03-13-2010, 02:42 PM

It's the little pleasures in life that really make all the BS worthwhile. Remember how good this felt next time you have to accept a frustrating loss.

-Andrew

stouter2386
03-13-2010, 02:48 PM
very true, this game has the ability to knock you down and kick ya a few times, but your right its the times like these that keep me playing and loving the game

crawfish
03-13-2010, 09:04 PM
No offense, but be careful. Watch out for the guy who does this for about three days in a row, then pulls out an Omen and asks you to play this race for $500. What do you do then? You've been beating on him for quite a while now. Do you do it?

I've went to a bar once a week for over a two month period, losing to the "best player they had ever seen." $20 here and $30 there. When it came time, I charged him $1500.

And what's your age have to do with it? There's kids and old guys that will "pack you to death." When I ran around with Mike Coltrain, he was only sixteen. Hell, I even believed he was my cousin, I told that to people so much. If you don't know Coltrain, he was on the Mosconi Cup at 18 years old? Somewhere around there.

I've also been hit over the head by the "old guy that thought he could play" with my back to him. Robbed? Oh yeah. Just be careful in the bars. Win five hundy from a player, no problem. Take a drunks last fifty, and watch your back.

Blue Hog ridr
03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Some nights the air is just electric, glad you had some fun with him.

stouter2386
03-14-2010, 12:25 AM
my age has alot to do with it because he was telling people that he was going to beat up on this young punk and look what happend to him. Im 23 and im guessing hes probly around 50 ish wich i know very well that age in this game means nothing at all cause we have all been beaten by someone older and younger then us, but when you say something like '' watch me beat up on this kid'' then im gunnin for ya. and i wasnt a ***** or anything i just played my game and collected my cheese

12310bch
03-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Always be humble to the opponent you just robbed. Remember what happened to Eddie. Also a nice," Gee, I got you on an off night. I'd like to give you a chance to get it back sometime," might pay off in the long run.

TheBook
03-14-2010, 12:04 PM
No offense, but be careful. Watch out for the guy who does this for about three days in a row, then pulls out an Omen and asks you to play this race for $500. What do you do then? You've been beating on him for quite a while now. Do you do it?

I've went to a bar once a week for over a two month period, losing to the "best player they had ever seen." $20 here and $30 there. When it came time, I charged him $1500.

And what's your age have to do with it? There's kids and old guys that will "pack you to death." When I ran around with Mike Coltrain, he was only sixteen. Hell, I even believed he was my cousin, I told that to people so much. If you don't know Coltrain, he was on the Mosconi Cup at 18 years old? Somewhere around there.

I've also been hit over the head by the "old guy that thought he could play" with my back to him. Robbed? Oh yeah. Just be careful in the bars. Win five hundy from a player, no problem. Take a drunks last fifty, and watch your back.

Seen this happen a lot by a team mate. He would go into a bar posing as a construction worker. Play the locals for a few dollars and lose. Keep this up for a week or two and then make his play. Clean up on pay day and leave with everyones money.