PDA

View Full Version : overseas ivory escrow

michaelseah
03-14-2010, 08:04 AM
anw one providing overseas escrow with ivory? i know fast_n_loose doesnt

ridewiththewind
03-14-2010, 01:41 PM
You cannot ship items containing ivory without certification papers either out of or into the US. Even with cert papers...some countries will not allow it. You are taking a HUGE risk in having the cue confiscated...and if that hppens, no one will see it again.

Lisa

michaelseah
03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
so is there no possible way to ship a cue containing ivory out overseas?

manwon
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
so is there no possible way to ship a cue containing ivory out overseas?

Put in your baggage and carry it to the country it is going to, you may get caught not declaring it and you may not, kinda like flipping a coin.

Remember, in some countries you can get life for smuggling, don't think it worth the risk personally.

michaelseah
03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
the buyer's country have no problem with ivory. im juz afraid abt USA custom. anyway to ship ivory out?

scottshot230
03-14-2010, 09:45 PM
i have heard it mentioned in a post of painting cue black with water based paint and cleaning it off upon arrival

michaelseah
03-15-2010, 04:58 AM
problem is seller dun wan to sell overseas unless i got escrow or shipping address in usa. and he does not accept paypal

Flash
03-15-2010, 05:28 AM
For some strong advisement. You never know who is reading watching the AZ board. So I would frown from discussing any for of illegal activity and action that would warrant an investigation. This ivory can be taken very seriuosly.

IMO, if you want a cue with Ivory, have it made in your home country, and avoid the hassel. If you can't afford it, there are plenty of substitutes. no one can even notice at times unless you tell them, and practically it is no of their business.

Be smart and make the right choice.

Tank138
03-15-2010, 07:32 AM
the buyer's country have no problem with ivory. im juz afraid abt USA custom. anyway to ship ivory out?

It is Illegal.If you get caught by customs the cue will get seized & you will get a Fine.It is not worth the risk.If you do try it ,make sure the package does not go through the Alaska customs hub.
They are on the look out for cues.

cswann1
03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
The whole ivory thing is a real PITA for cue collectors/enthusiasts imo.

The builders almost certainly obtained their ivory legally from pre-ban stock. But once the cue is built and sold it's like owning a stolen Picasso or something.

I listed a cue on eBay a few months ago and listed it as having 1vory in it. Now I can pull up several eBay listings right now for cues that have i***Y, iv0ry or some other such name for elephant teeth in them. But mine was deleted by eBay for violation of their policies, and I still had to pay them the auction listing fees. I didn't receive any paperwork that proved my cue has legal ivory inlays so as far as eBay is concerned, I'm trying to sell illegal contraband. I might as well have poached a baby elephant as far as they are concerned.

That was the last thing I ever put on eBay.