PDA

View Full Version : Fat Cats in Arden...real joke

tigerseye
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I have spent plenty of money at this place and everyone knows that i tip well and treat everyone equal...but today i asked for a glass of water and the waitress told me that us poolplayers are so cheap for asking for a free glass of water...
I was irrate and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that dump...:angry::angry:

Anyone been disrespected this way??

measureman
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
And you wonder why pool rooms are going out of business.

senor
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
And you wonder why pool rooms are going out of business.

Okay, you got me! Because of the free water or because of the attitude from the waitress?

measureman
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Okay, you got me! Because of the free water or because of the attitude from the waitress?

Attitude. I work in a consumer driven industry and no mater what, i am always nice to my customers. Even the one's that don't deserve it.

senor
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Attitude. I work in a consumer driven industry and no mater what, i am always nice to my customers. Even the one's that don't deserve it.

Yes, I was just kidding and I agree with you. Unfortunately, when hiring waitresses for the pool hall you don't always get the pick of the litter from the workforce.

measureman
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
When the Colorado Cue Club was open there was a waitress who worked nights. She was in her late 20's about 5 foot tall if that and very hot. But whenever she took your order or brought it to you it was always done with a smile and a kind word. I'm guessing she was not a career waitress and just did this as a side job. They are out there and pool rooms that want to be successful need to find those types of people. Who would want to patronize any business where they made you feel less then welcome or appreciated. So they are probably going to lose the posters business because he asked for a glass of water! Insanity.

CreeDo
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
I've seen it too. One guy used to come around to shoot with the one of the employees when she got off work. He would sit and wait, not bothering anyone (even for water). This is in the afternoon, place is practically empty. The guy working the bar told him he can't just sit around if he isn't going to be spending money... even though he's known to the staff there. Why sweat it? He might eventually spend money if you just let him be. But if you're rude to him he definitely won't.

Blue Hog ridr
03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Yep, very similar. The hall lost approx $1800.00 in monthly business from my wife and I. We spend our money at the hall that now sponsors us and appreciates our business. I play in a Sat 9 ball tourney at the old hall, my spending is limited and my wife refuses to spend a penny there.

Matt90
03-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Only been to fat cats once and it was just with a friend.We have a waitress here where I play that is so rude to certian people and completely ignores them at times . I got fed up and asked her why ,her reply was that people who did not drink alcohol did not tip so she took care of the drinkers better:confused: So since that day I have only bought a bottle of water until they realize what a case they have and hire more friendly staff. To our saving grace there is one great waitress that is nice enough to make up for the others but what if someone new to the area who did not drink got a good dose of the one who could care less.

gwjackal
03-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Come visit up here and you'll be thankful for what you have there and that's all I am saying!!!

derekdisco
03-15-2010, 02:26 AM
Glass of water is APA members drink of choice!

Jarryd
03-15-2010, 05:50 AM
where i come from you go to the bar yourself and order what you want, pay a set price only and then move along.

the bar staff have a set hourly rate, if they dont think they are getting paid enough - they get another job.

kyo1128
03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Treat everyone like a regular. They will come back, and even if they are not working for your table, they will have it changed. I've done it before. (Because the other girl's service was not good.) If I wanted to drink tangueray and tonic with water instead of tangueray and tonic with ICE, I would just... wait, I don't want to drink that.

justadub
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Not around here... the water drinkers are few and far between (and drinking bottled water that came out of the bars vending machine, not a freebee) and we have plenty of beer drinkers, both during and especially after playing.

But that's around here. (Beer is good food! :p )

Still, that kind of service really sucks. Those waitresses are certainly in the wrong line of work. A waitress that takes care of all of her customers will get tipped well, and often. Most of the time. (Yes, there are always jerks that mistreat the help. The good wait-staff learns to let those roll off their backs and move on to the next customer.) I make it a point to tip my servers early, and the rest of the night goes well.

NewStroke
03-15-2010, 08:59 AM
No matter where I am playing, I always tip the waitress $1.00 for each glass of water she brings me. I think that's fair and have never had any problems. After 2 glasses I get a beer and restart the cycle. No matter what the waittress brings you, you should really tip her for her time.

ronhudson
03-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Maybe in your part of the country, but here and everywhere else I have heard of, APA is made up of social players/ drinkers that order beer by the bucket and mixed drinks when possible.

I always thought the t-shirts that say "My drinking team has a pool problem" were inspired by them.

One club owner here says "this league is OK and that one is pretty good, but APA is the nutz"

jrt30004
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM

not this apa player - jamesons baby. it makes matches between 2s and 3s more tollerable:smile:

jrt30004
03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I have spent plenty of money at this place and everyone knows that i tip well and treat everyone equal...but today i asked for a glass of water and the waitress told me that us poolplayers are so cheap for asking for a free glass of water...
I was irrate and couldn't wait to get the hell out of that dump...:angry::angry:

i tip a min. of 20%. good service you'll get 30%. if all i order is soda i'll generally give between 5 and 10 bucks tip. if i get one soda and one free refill i'll go the 5. if i drink soda or water and i'm in a place for more than three hours the server gets 10. if i stay longer i will on occasion give more. i don't care that my tab is a buck. i tip on the amount of work the server did to make me happy. now if they treat me like crap i'll throw 'em the cost of the soda or a dollar for the one water they brought and walk to the bar for everything else. i have not been to the place you're asking about but i have had service like that in plenty of places.

justadub
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I always thought the t-shirts that say "My drinking team has a pool problem" were inspired by them.

Oh my word, that is too funny. Permission to steal that line? ;)

NineballBEN
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
The place where I practice "HAD" older lady that was like that,she got snooty with everyone,and ran the bar into the ground,the place still hasn't recovered.She hated:mad: the older blacks that bowl there,couldn't stand the teen age whites & their school trips,only got along with upper management,spoke badly of co-workers:bash:. I brought the same drink from her for 2 weeks in a row,(14 days),carried on conversations with her and on the 15th day I said Hi,let me have my usual,and her response without blinking an eye"I've never seen you before in my life,so how do I know what you drink..:scratchhead:"! True story

tigerseye
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Needless to say I stiffed her with 1 soda without tip... I didn't want to dissapoint her anticipation of no tip right?? Lol...

SUPERSTAR
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Order a drink, dump it on her head, curse her out, and toss her her tip as you walk out, never to return.

Or, if you want to be smoother, you could order a drink, a BIG one, and when she comes near, you could play the klutz and trip or something, and OOOPS, dump the drink all over her, apologize, and then kindly leave.

PoolBum
03-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I was in a pool hall one time and one of the "regulars" (by which I mean one of the guys who came in just looking for action, and not to spend money) was sitting at a table with his legs stretched out and his eyes closed.

The manager came up to him and literally kicked him in the leg, hard, and said "Comfortable?! Can I get you anything?!!" He then kicked the guy out of the room permanently.

Fast Davie NC
03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I think realisic! I honestly think as a restaurant owner/Chef that you would aproach the proper person about this situation personally and not through a public forum, This is another reason that businesses can fail. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day for her and you. She could and should be replaced for dissrespecting you as a regular customer... That Is Wrong! But, After owning and running several businesses, You do whatever to keep your loyal customers.

Speak to the owner or manager about this situation... It could get all resolved, especially if you frequent the place often and spend your hard earned money!