PDA

View Full Version : Favorite, Funny or Stupid Rail Bird Quotes

asmith74
03-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Rail bird comments are frequent, and I try to tune them out but every now and then one sticks out in your mind. For me, it was a few weeks ago. I had a very difficult run and it took two tricky bank shots to get out, but I did get out. After the game, one of my opponents went to a rail bird and asked "what the F@#k just happened?" The rail bird responded..."Andy just happened". Lol, I didn't respond to it but it felt good. That's gotta be my rail bird quote of the winter. Does anyone else have a rail bird quote that sticks out in your mind?

david(tx)
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Rail bird comments are frequent, and I try to tune them out but every now and then one sticks out in your mind. For me, it was a few weeks ago. I had a very difficult run and it took two tricky bank shots to get out, but I did get out. After the game, one of my opponents went to a rail bird and asked "what the F@#k just happened?" The rail bird responded..."Andy just happened". Lol, I didn't respond to it but it felt good. That's gotta be my rail bird quote of the winter. Does anyone else have a rail bird quote that sticks out in your mind?

Was that YOUR beer?....

Hey , could you give me ten dollars , i need some smokes.....

asmith74
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Was that YOUR beer?....

Hey , could you give me ten dollars , i need some smokes.....

Ten dollars for a pack of smokes!!!??? Thank taxes I gave it up. But back in the day I did have a friend that would "mistake" his beer and stogie for mine. Funny how that happenes...I guess :rolleyes:

ChatTownBanger
03-14-2010, 06:41 PM
I was playing a match once and missed a wild attempt at a three rail kick. A guy sitting on the sideline commented after my miss, that with my imagination I should work for Disney.

Mike in MN
03-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I once ran a rack in a league match against arguably the best player in the entire league. He is head and shoulders above me, and he hates losing (although he is very good spirited about it). I broke and ran out a somewhat difficult rack and ended with a one rail kick the length of the table at the 8 that sent it back up table and in ... a perfect bank kick to win the game. Afterward, I shook my opponent's hand, walked to my seat, sat down, turned to my teammate and said with a straight face, "What happened, I blacked out? Did I win?"

Since then, the "what happened?" gig has been a running joke among our team anytime someone pulls off a lucky or improbable shot.

CreeDo
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
"hey, how's it feel to lose to a ten year old girl on rollerskates?"

...the story goes like this: a regular gambler got suckered into a game with a girl who is arguably one of the best in the country for her age. She won a race to 7 in 9 ball. The quote's from her dad, who was watching the whole thing. The loser went out for a smoke. When he came back she said "we can play again without the spot if you want". He declined.

Watching her play is sick, she's too short to do a regular stroke so she has to sidearm stuff, and she moves around in wheelies (those shoes with built-in rollerskates in the heels). She misses absolutely nothing, rolling in shots that would terrify me. I was grousing about my break once and a friend of mine once joked "give me three months and I'll have you breaking like her."

Bob Callahan
03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
You might enjoy this thread, too:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=159200

Ken_4fun
03-15-2010, 05:54 AM
I heard one last night about a local player. I was talking to another railbird and told him I thought he was a good player but he thinks he is better than everyone else.

This guy said as serious as could be, "Yeah, I know what you mean, when we were kids we would play cowboys and indians, and that SOB would never 'die' when we shot him"

I literally doubled over from laughing so hard.....:D

Ken

Kickin' Chicken
03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
A few years ago I was downstairs at the SBE pit sometime around four in the morning. There was a sea of recently consumed beer cans and bottles, food wrappers, plates, whisky bottles and ugly people stacked six or seven-deep in a circle around the hundred-dollar table. Various pros and hustlers were all taking their turns at each other and the side bets in the unruly crowd were rampant. It was like cockfight night at Valley Forge.

There had been two near fist fights between two different sets of bettors due to either drunken miscommunication or just plain miscommunication. So then the ring boss tells everybody to clarify their bets twice with each other saying, then acknowledging, "I have the breaker for $fill in the blank, you have the racker", or visa-versa. You get what I mean.

Next up is pro player Warren Kiamco and I want to bet against him so I'm yelling out into the crowd, "I want the breaker who wants the racker" and nobody seems to want the racker, Kiamco. So after two or three unsuccessful atempts at matching up with a Kiamco bettor, Kiamco himself turns to me and takes my $100 action.

In the spirit of avoiding any miscommunication between us (and wanting to mess with his head a little) I said "okay Warren, I got the breaker for $100 and who do you have?" He looks at me and at the top of his high pitched voice he says "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....I GOT ME TO WIN!!!!" Everybody was howling over that one including myself.

Oh yeah, it was a dry break and Warren ran out, then with the biggest smile he came to collect his c-note from me. :D

Regards,
KC