PDA

View Full Version : 10 ball rules help please?

obsespool
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
:rolleyes: Hi, Newbie to AZ and newbie to 10 ball. I understand ob in wrong pocket or a wrong ball pocketed is loss of turn and opponenent has option of taking shot or handing back to you (like with a push out).......but.........what if.........If you pocket your next sequence ob, in correct pocket and cue ball contacts another ball (not the 10) and it finds a pocket (that is not called) is that the same "loss of turn" (as mentioned above) or are you allowed to continue your turn?
Also, along the same lines........can you call a pocket for 2 balls as long as you contact the correct sequence one first........or what please???
Thanks,
Obsespool

Mike in MN
03-14-2010, 08:48 PM
The short answer: You're allowed to continue.

The long answer: http://www.playbca.com/Leagues/Rules/10Ball/tabid/370/Default.aspx

jay helfert
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
:rolleyes: Hi, Newbie to AZ and newbie to 10 ball. I understand ob in wrong pocket or a wrong ball pocketed is loss of turn and opponenent has option of taking shot or handing back to you (like with a push out).......but.........what if.........If you pocket your next sequence ob, in correct pocket and cue ball contacts another ball (not the 10) and it finds a pocket (that is not called) is that the same "loss of turn" (as mentioned above) or are you allowed to continue your turn?
Also, along the same lines........can you call a pocket for 2 balls as long as you contact the correct sequence one first........or what please???
Thanks,
Obsespool

If you pocket the correct object ball in the called pocket, anything else that goes in counts.......EXCEPT, if you make the ten ball it re-spots, since you didn't call it.

You cannot call a pocket for two balls.....only one ball at a time according to the WPA rules. They have dramatically altered the Texas Express rules which were used for 9-Ball tourneys for years. Whether it's for the better or not I don't know.

I do not like the rule where you can no longer play a two way shot. In other words you can't call the four ball, and make the four ball plus the ten ball for the win. You MUST call one or the other, and make the one that you called. You want to play a billiard on the ten ball, then you must call the ten ball. And if you call the ten ball and make the object ball but not the ten, you've lost your turn. Go figure! I can't.

DogsPlayingPool
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I do not like the rule where you can no longer play a two way shot. In other words you can't call the four ball, and make the four ball plus the ten ball for the win. You MUST call one or the other, and make the one that you called. You want to play a billiard on the ten ball, then you must call the ten ball. And if you call the ten ball and make the object ball but not the ten, you've lost your turn. Go figure! I can't.

Thank-you, Jay, I now finally understand all your references to this thing about not having the 2-way shot in 10 Ball!!!!!!

I could never figure out why you would say this because I was thinking of the two-way shot as in when you are playing a shot and a safe (in case you miss the shot) at the same time. This is what usually comes to my mind when I hear "2 way shot". And for the life of me didn't understand why you couldn't do this in 10 Ball.

But now I see you have been referring to something different all along. DOH!

Have a good trip!

obsespool
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Thank you for your answer! I understand clearly now!
Thanks,
Obsespool