PDA

View Full Version : Any Action or Tourneys in El Paso?

eyoresnorz
03-14-2010, 09:16 PM
We are going to be traveling to El Paso mid-April. Our days are booked, but our nights are going to be all about pool (hopefully). Does anyone know of anything happening out there? I'm not beyond driving to Las Cruces either if there is a good place to play there.

Thanks in advance for any information!

:smile:

Blackjack
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
We are going to be traveling to El Paso mid-April. Our days are booked, but our nights are going to be all about pool (hopefully). Does anyone know of anything happening out there? I'm not beyond driving to Las Cruces either if there is a good place to play there.

Thanks in advance for any information!

:smile:

Clicks on Airway Blvd.

8ballEinstein
03-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Not much happening in Las Cruces but there is a pool room in town.

Rockin' Robin
03-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Best advice, you will hear of a nice room over the border....a very nice room. DO NOT GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....do not even go to shop, eat, or any other touristy thing. Drug wars have pretty much brought a halt to much of the economy and many Mexican business owners are shopping for spots to move to this side of the fence.

Blackjack
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Best advice, you will hear of a nice room over the border....a very nice room. DO NOT GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....do not even go to shop, eat, or any other touristy thing. Drug wars have pretty much brought a halt to much of the economy and many Mexican business owners are shopping for spots to move to this side of the fence.

Good advice, Robin.

There is some ugly stuff happening over there these days. It definitely is best (and safer) to stay on this side of the border.

eyoresnorz
04-05-2010, 08:40 PM
One more reason for me to be glad I didn't stay there! There is no good pool scene!

We will not be going to Mexico for any reason no matter how good the action sounds :-)

3RAILKICK
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Good advice, Robin.

There is some ugly stuff happening over there these days. It definitely is best (and safer) to stay on this side of the border.

I was stationed at Ft Bliss many years ago (69-70). We used to go down to Juarez on weekends alot. Used to be a 'dance hall' called Curly's I think. We used to have to go bring the company commander's clerk back when he was gone for a week or more.

These days-I bet the Army doesn't have to have a 'policy' about crossing the border. Good common sense ought to be enough.

That's some crazy sh#t going on down there-and sadly maybe leaking across to the States side too.

Fighting and killing over Big money I guess. Is all this over Mexican weed?

Don't seem to make much sense.

Bad Company
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM
The only place for action is Clicks on Airway down the street from the airport. Good pool room with 9, gold crown 9footers. If you are considered an A player you will prob have to give up weight but the money is there.. They are not scared to gamble..Also, I think they run a round robin tourny on Sat. Good luck

stick8
04-06-2010, 08:17 AM
i was stationed there in 67-69 at ft bliss, a friend of mine that shot good pool and i would go up on sat on the strip and play partner 8 ball, needles to say we would take the cheese as these guys just wanted to drink beer and listen to country music. we would go from one bar to another and come back to base sat nite, healthy with winning. g:thumbup::thumbup:ot another story i will tell later STICK