PDA

View Full Version : Stan shuffett

DTL
03-15-2010, 05:40 AM

MOJOE
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Results speak loudly! I hope it works for me, I have an all day lesson scheduled with him this coming Friday.. Cannot wait.

Neil
03-15-2010, 05:53 AM

SpiderWebComm
03-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Ask Gerda about a little CTE/Pro1?

stan shuffett
03-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Hey, DTL! Actually, Gerda was in Kentucky right before Derby, about 7 weeks ago. We did a 4 day lesson. Gerda worked exremely hard to make this win happen.

DTL....Looking forward to our April lesson.

JK....see you on Friday.

Stan Shuffett

Spidey, Yes, Gerda used PRO ONE. She was very fluid with CTE by day 2.

jay helfert
03-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey, DTL! Actually, Gerda was in Kentucky right before Derby, about 7 weeks ago. We did a 4 day lesson. Gerda worked exremely hard to make this win happen.

DTL....Looking forward to our April lesson.

JK....see you on Friday.

Stan Shuffett

Spidey, Yes, Gerda used PRO ONE. She was very fluid with CTE by day 2.

Good job Stan! I see Landon is in good hands. Maybe you were also influential in having Gerda buy a Diamond table for her home last year. Pretty smart move that turned out to be.

stan shuffett
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks, Jay.

Absolutely, a Diamond in this tourney proved to be Gerda's best friend.

Greg told me many years that Landon should learn to play on a Diamond as it would encourage correct play, particularly around the corners. I couldn't agree more.

Stan

rayshooter22
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Hey Neil, Why don't you ask Stevie Moore, ONe of the best players in the country, what the impact of Stan's Pro1 program did for him and his game... He's a premiere example of How Stan's tutelage has skyrocketed his game and unlocked the plateau he'd hit prior to working with Stan. Stevie's told me several times that the Pro 1 course was the best thing he'd ever done for his game...
I've personally seen the improvement stevie made and watched him snap off quite a few pro tours the season he'd finished with Stan.

Nah..... she must have just gone out for coffee with him a couple of times. Everyone knows that instructors are just for rank beginners and can't possibly help an advanced player, let alone a pro!;)

breakin8
03-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey dose Hal get half the money for her win he should? CTE rocks Hal Houle should be in the hall of fame after the EXPO I will star this thread. Please help me keep it bumped!

stan shuffett
03-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey dose Hal get half the money for her win he should? CTE rocks Hal Houle should be in the hall of fame after the EXPO I will star this thread. Please help me keep it bumped!

CTE/PRO ONE would be if not for Hal Houle.

Hal should have all the credit in the world!

Stan

Neil
03-15-2010, 09:30 AM

MOJOE
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Neil, I'd bet 99% of us understood the sarcasm in your initial post.. You are right, the wink gave it away but most of us would have understood even without that. You are a valuable contributor to the forum my friend.

Peace, Joey

Pushout
03-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey Neil, Why don't you ask Stevie Moore, ONe of the best players in the country, what the impact of Stan's Pro1 program did for him and his game... He's a premiere example of How Stan's tutelage has skyrocketed his game and unlocked the plateau he'd hit prior to working with Stan. Stevie's told me several times that the Pro 1 course was the best thing he'd ever done for his game...
I've personally seen the improvement stevie made and watched him snap off quite a few pro tours the season he'd finished with Stan.

I'll second that about Stevie, though I've yet to talk to him since he moved back to Spartanburg. His game has definitely gone up from what I read and hear from other people.

cookie man
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Stan is a great instructor and a great person to spend a couple of days with. Congradulations to Gerda.

woody_968
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Ask Gerda about a little CTE/Pro1?

Naaaa, everyone already knows that CTE/Pro1 CANT work :thumbup:

As to the original post, Stan is great. Heck its fun just spending the day with him, even if he didnt teach some of the strongest things in pool!

B_White
03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Congrats to Gerda and Stan! I also went up for lessons with Stan and I highly recommend it. It has helped me to think of pool in a whole new light. Brian White

JAW725
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Results speak loudly! I hope it works for me, I have an all day lesson scheduled with him this coming Friday.. Cannot wait.

MOJOE,

I hope that Pro One will be incorporated into your day lesson, I myself had a one day lesson for Stroke Analysis and Pro One. I had been using CTE for a year or so prior to my lesson with Stan and had a set routine on how I would execute the system, within three days I through that all out in favor of Pro One. I also owe some credit to Spidey as well.

genomachino
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Good job stan,

i said it about 8 months ago and i'll say it now. You know what your talking about. Your the most intelligent instructor i ever talked to. When we talked about aiming i could tell you knew your stuff.

Still looking forward to the day i can shake your hand and meet your son.

Keep up the great work. What you teach is priceless. I'm one of the few INSTRUCTORS that actually know the extent of how priceless. Geno.......

TommyT
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Last month I traveled to Stan's home for a 2 day lesson and let me tell you, this guy is the real deal. As a retired educator Stan is familiar with teaching and knows how to get his point across even to stubborn know it alls like me:smile:. The Pro 1 aiming was hard for me to buy into because it seemed to simple and I expected every ball to magically disappear. But misses will happen and it's a discipline that takes a little getting used to. I'm just now begginning to get comfortable enough to use it in competition and it's working. I can see the time very soon when I will not be able to see a shot any other way. He also shared some other secrets with me and they immediately helped and let me understand how great players can do the things they do.
Thanks Stan........TommyT

Scott Lee
03-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Joe...You'll love working with Stan, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot! He's a great teacher! All the professional instructors here have a lot to offer folks, if they'll just be openminded.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Neil, I'd bet 99% of us understood the sarcasm in your initial post.. You are right, the wink gave it away but most of us would have understood even without that. You are a valuable contributor to the forum my friend.

Peace, Joey

JoeyA
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
It's good to see Stan Shuffett getting the credit he so richly deserves.

Congrats to Gerda but Yu Ram Cha, another PROFESSIONAL players and student of Stan's has been continously picking up tournament victories as well, ever since attending Stan's Cueing Academy.

www.justcueit.com

You can visit the website and see many of the testimonials that professional players and amateur players have left.

If that doesn't convince you that Stan is the finest instructor in all the land, then I don't know what will do it for you, other than signing up. :D

JoeyA

stan shuffett
03-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Working with Gerda was a pleasure. Ultimately, by her hard work she once again released the champion within. I am so proud for her.

I appreciate the many positive comments.

Stan

or1pkt
03-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Where is Stan located? Does he provide lessons at a poolroom or at his home etc...thanks in advance

elvicash
03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Where is Stan located? Does he provide lessons at a poolroom or at his home etc...thanks in advance

He teaches at his home in beautiful South Central KY, specifically Greensburg, Kentucky. He has a nice Diamond 9' table and tons of knowledge that he loves to teach. He has a nice training manual and he give alot of effort in his classes.

I took his basic intro and got the CTE system right before he finalized the Pro 1 which is an upgrade to CTE.

I think he is the best bang for the buck if you can travel to him.

He can be found on his website.

http://www.justcueit.com/

Contact info is available there and I think you will find it worth your time.

JimS
03-16-2010, 04:10 AM
CTE/PRO ONE would be if not for Hal Houle.

Hal should have all the credit in the world!

Stan

:groucho::groucho::groucho: Classy statement that tells me who yoiu are and makes me want to come see you.

Realizm
03-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Working with Gerda was a pleasure. Ultimately, by her hard work she once again released the champion within. I am so proud for her.

I appreciate the many positive comments.

Stan

Stan will you be at the sbe.???

cookie man
03-16-2010, 04:28 AM
:groucho::groucho::groucho: Classy statement that tells me who yoiu are and makes me want to come see you.

Jim, you're not that far away. I flew in from MD. spent 2 days with Stan enjoying every minute of it. You will not regret lessons with Stan and racking for Landon at the pool hall afterwards.

MOJOE
03-16-2010, 04:38 AM
MOJOE,

I hope that Pro One will be incorporated into your day lesson, I myself had a one day lesson for Stroke Analysis and Pro One. I had been using CTE for a year or so prior to my lesson with Stan and had a set routine on how I would execute the system, within three days I through that all out in favor of Pro One. I also owe some credit to Spidey as well.

My one day lesson is the same thing you went for. I can't wait, I'm worse than a kid on Christmas Eve.. There are def some great folks that are very helpful on AZ, you are right Dave (Spidey) is one of them.

Joey

YCC
03-16-2010, 05:34 AM
I spent two days with Stan a year ago and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I thoroughly enjoyed the time with Stan and would recommend his services to anyone.

cookie man
04-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Hmmmmm........Gerda takes 2 day lessons from Stan a few weeks ago and then goes out and wins on the WPBA for the first time in 10 years!!

Comments?

Are her matches going to be on TV. I would like everyone to see CTE put to use.