PDA

View Full Version : Jeanette Lee - I can finally exhale!!!

Cornerman
03-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been holding in on this littlle secret that she told me a little over a month ago, and she finally has made the announcement, so I can finally say something about it!!!!

Jeanette Lee is pregnant. I believe that should answer about 276 questions and rumors out there.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_news/display_article?id=1317

Fred <~~~ congratulations Jeanette and George

mjantti
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Congrats to Jeanette and George!

NewStroke
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
That's great, but millions of women get pregnant each day. I'm sure anyone interested would have figured it out about month 7 anyway.

alstl
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Several hundred people watching the live stream already knew that, but thanks for the info.

LAMas
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
"...At the age of thirteen, Jeanette was diagnosed with scoliosis, a disorder in which there is a curve, often S-shaped or C-shaped, of the spine or backbone. To alleviate the progression of the debilitating condition, Jeanette underwent scoliosis surgery. The surgical procedure involved techniques to fuse or join the vertebrae along the curve of her spine. Metal rods and other instrumentation were attached to her spine in order to hold her vertebrae together during the months after her surgery while the bones in her spine eventually fused together. Such instrumentation was left in her body where they remain today. Scoliosis surgery is one of the longest and most complicated orthopedic surgical procedures performed on children due to the long operation time and hospitalization for recovery. Her surgery at the time was thought to be a success, but Jeanette's affliction with scoliosis was not yet at an end..."

ArizonaPete
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
"...At the age of thirteen, Jeanette was diagnosed with scoliosis, a disorder in which there is a curve, often S-shaped or C-shaped, of the spine or backbone. To alleviate the progression of the debilitating condition, Jeanette underwent scoliosis surgery. The surgical procedure involved techniques to fuse or join the vertebrae along the curve of her spine. Metal rods and other instrumentation were attached to her spine in order to hold her vertebrae together during the months after her surgery while the bones in her spine eventually fused together. Such instrumentation was left in her body where they remain today. Scoliosis surgery is one of the longest and most complicated orthopedic surgical procedures performed on children due to the long operation time and hospitalization for recovery. Her surgery at the time was thought to be a success, but Jeanette's affliction with scoliosis was not yet at an end..."

I knew she had undergone back surgery but didn't realize how serious it was. She's an outstanding player and a fine lady. I wish her the best of luck with her pregnancy. Having children is God's greatest gift.

DogsPlayingPool
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Posted here on AZB by pool101 on 3/12:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=179234

u12armresl
03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
"I've been holding in on this littlle secret that she told me a little over a month ago, and she finally has made the announcement, so I can finally say something about it!!!!"

LOL that is an incredible little secret WOW. Oh wait there are two other threads started awhile back.

mullyman
03-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Didn't someone post this last week?

akaTrigger
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Poor Fred, getting picked on for sharing what he thought was new news. He's still happy for Jeanette and George - and so am I! Congrats to the entire family!

LAMas
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
More yesterday's news....2 days later than BD.
Posted by Pool 101:

http://www.poolmag.com/blog/index.cfm/2010/3/12/Billiards-Star-Jeanette-Lee-Awaits-New-Addition-to-Family

Billiards Star Jeanette Lee Awaits New Addition to Family
Posted At : March 12, 2010 11:53 PM |
Posted By : name

Women's professional billiard star Jeanette Lee and her husband, George Breedlove, are eagerly awaiting the birth of their sixth child. The couple announced the great news at the WPBA San Diego Classic in Alpine, CA. The baby will be the first natural-birth child for Lee and Breedlove. "George and I are so excited to welcome another child to our growing family," said Lee. "This is really a wonderful surprise for us. Nothing gives me greater joy than being a mom and to be able to bring a life into this world is something I will always cherish."

In October, Lee and Breedlove welcomed their first biological child together, Chloe Angelee Breedlove, who was born to a surrogate mother. They are also the parents of an adopted child, Cheyenne, and a foster child, John Kang, as well as Breedlove's two daughters from a previous marriage, Morgan and Olivia.

"Jeanette and George are a perfect example of the success of a modern blended family driven by faith-based values and strong parenting," said Tom George, Octagon's Senior Vice President. "Their love and devotion for all of their children is apparent and I am so glad that they have been blessed with the opportunity to give birth naturally. It is something Jeanette has always hoped for."

With a due date in mid-September, Lee will continue to play in professional tournaments through roughly mid-July. From that point until at least mid-November, Lee will be at home on maternity leave.

In her 17 years as a professional, Lee has fashioned one of the most illustrious careers of any billiards player in history, including claiming more than 30 national and international titles. Formerly ranked as the No. 1 player in the world, she has been named "WPBA Sportsperson of the Year" as well as "Player of the Year" by Pool & Billiard Magazine. Lee was a 2001 World Games gold medalist and 2004 International Trick Shot champion in addition to taking home back-to-back Empress Cup titles in 2008 and 2009. Selected as one of the "Sexiest Female Athletes in the World" by ESPN, she has appeared in television and print, including features in Esquire and on HBO Real Sports, The Today Show, The Late Show with David Letterman and Live with Regis & Kelly

JOEY
03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I've been holding in on this littlle secret that she told me a little over a month ago, and she finally has made the announcement, so I can finally say something about it!!!!

Jeanette Lee is pregnant. I believe that should answer about 276 questions and rumors out there.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_news/display_article?id=1317

Fred <~~~ congratulations Jeanette and George

wow fred, im soo glad you made it. how could you have ever kept such a secret for the full 9 months without breaking down?...LOL. no biggie, there are alot of pregnant ppl in the world. btw, did you hear that president clinton actually smoked pot??:p....lol see ya this weekend bro

Yukon Ed
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I’m just jealous that I have no chance of ever hearing any “little secret” directly from J. Lee. I’m stuck getting all my pool-related gossip from this forum.

Cornerman
03-16-2010, 04:52 AM
"I've been holding in on this littlle secret that she told me a little over a month ago, and she finally has made the announcement, so I can finally say something about it!!!!"

LOL that is an incredible little secret WOW. Oh wait there are two other threads started awhile back.

Oh bite me. j/k

I made a promise that I wouldn't say anything until she made an announcement. I get to say I kept one promise in my life.

Fred <~~~ glad everyone knew so far in advance

Ktown D
03-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Oh bite me. j/k

I made a promise that I wouldn't say anything until she made an announcement. I get to say I kept one promise in my life.

Fred <~~~ glad everyone knew so far in advance

But you will always have the satisfaction of saying you knew........first.:p

metallicane
03-16-2010, 07:25 AM
You go girl.

LAMas
03-16-2010, 08:50 AM
wow fred, im soo glad you made it. how could you have ever kept such a secret for the full 9 months without breaking down?...LOL. no biggie, there are alot of pregnant ppl in the world. btw, did you hear that president clinton actually smoked pot??:p....lol see ya this weekend bro

What do you know? 9 Months?

Janette said that she was a couple of months in and wasn't showing at Viejas.:smile:

akaTrigger
03-16-2010, 08:52 AM
I’m just jealous that I have no chance of ever hearing any “little secret” directly from J. Lee. I’m stuck getting all my pool-related gossip from this forum.

I love this response!

Eric.
03-16-2010, 08:56 AM
" - I can finally exhale!!!"

Eric >didn't realize that Agnir was a middle aged Black woman with relationship issues

NewStroke
03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
I hate to bring this to everyone's attention, but nearly every woman can have a baby with a slight amount of effort. What are the congratulations for? Producing a viable egg? We should also congratulate the husband for having strong enough sperm to make it through the wall of the egg. How about we save the hugs and parties for the parents and the kid when he graduates colleges and starts his journey toward leading his own productive life?

I see too many kids that are just born and just left to fend for themselves. All those people that patted the mother on the head for getting pregnant were nowhere to be found when that child needed help.

Cornerman
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
" - I can finally exhale!!!"

Eric >didn't realize that Agnir was a middle aged Black woman with relationship issues

Now that's funny.

Fred <~~~ getting my groove on

Cornerman
03-16-2010, 09:35 AM
I hate to bring this to everyone's attention, but nearly every woman can have a baby with a slight amount of effort. What are the congratulations for? Producing a viable egg? We should also congratulate the husband for having strong enough sperm to make it through the wall of the egg. How about we save the hugs and parties for the parents and the kid when he graduates colleges and starts his journey toward leading his own productive life?

I see too many kids that are just born and just left to fend for themselves. All those people that patted the mother on the head for getting pregnant were nowhere to be found when that child needed help.

The couple have been trying for years unsuccessfullly to get pregnant and she finally is, and this is your response? The importance of motherhood is so important to her that she's adopted and had a child through surrogate means. That's a lot of effort for:

"Nearly every woman can have a baby with a slight amount of effort."

Is there something in the water in your neck of the woods that would cause you to write such a callous and insensitive statement? My god, she (and every woman who's had a difficult to impossible time trying to get pregnant) deserves a lot more than that.

Fred

NewStroke
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
The couple have been trying for years unsuccessfullly to get pregnant and she finally is, and this is your response? The importance of motherhood is so important to her that she's adopted and had a child through surrogate means. That's a lot of effort for:

"Nearly every woman can have a baby with a slight amount of effort."

Is there something in the water in your neck of the woods that would cause you to write such a callous and insensitive statement? My god, she (and every woman who's had a difficult to impossible time trying to get pregnant) deserves a lot more than that.

Fred

If you want to talk about the importance of motherhood, let's talk about my wife. We have 5 boys, ages 21 to 28. Two years ago we adopted 2 babies, one born on methamphetamine and the other abused by her father. Each day, we thank God we are allowed to be a part of these children's lives and that they do not have to grow up in the environment they were born into.

My statement was neither callous or insensitive and I apologize if you took it that way. Too many people take parenthood too casually and believe that just giving birth makes you a parent. Fact is, it is what you do to help that child grow that makes you a parent. I wasn't singling out Ms Lee, I was just pointing out the transparency of congratulating someone for getting prenant.

akaTrigger
03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
If you want to talk about the importance of motherhood, let's talk about my wife. We have 5 boys, ages 21 to 28. Two years ago we adopted 2 babies, one born on methamphetamine and the other abused by her father. Each day, we thank God we are allowed to be a part of these children's lives and that they do not have to grow up in the environment they were born into.

My statement was neither callous or insensitive and I apologize if you took it that way. Too many people take parenthood too casually and believe that just giving birth makes you a parent. Fact is, it is what you do to help that child grow that makes you a parent. I wasn't singling out Ms Lee, I was just pointing out the transparency of congratulating someone for getting prenant.

When I first read your other post, I was like, "oh, he doesn't know they have had problems getting pregnant in the past."

Thank you for sharing the reason behind your post - you obviously have a different view about this because of your two adopted children had difficult parents who gave them an unfortunate environment. For others, like me, I will still congratulate my friends who become pregnant. It's a very precious time for them and their families.

BTW, I applaud you and your wife for adopting the children in need!

Cornerman
03-16-2010, 04:43 PM

I can't reconcile you post whatsoever. You ask smugly "what's the congratulations for?" Then you go on to tell us the heroism of you wife which looks to be on the same level as Jeanette's story. Again, I'm having a tough time reconciling it because with your own history, you would think that you'd be first in line to congratulate Jeanette. Or can you not see that her feelings on motherhood completely jibe with your wife's? I'm just not seeing the meaning of your post, especially the negativity to it the congratulations to her pregancy.

Let's see, Jeanette now has: Five children - 2 step children, one adopted teen, one adopted at birth, one biological via surrogate. Nothing casual about that parenthood. And you say you weren't singling out Jeanette? What does that even mean? You are including her in this grand negativity of celebrating pregnancy? I don't think you know what you're saying.

And what's the congratulations for? 14+ years of trying to get pregnant and finally succeeding deserves a congratulations. Period.

Fred <~~~ doesn't get it